Xtra News Community 2
April 21, 2024, 02:18:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

I HATE Vista!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I HATE Vista!  (Read 1029 times)
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« on: June 17, 2009, 09:08:02 pm »

I have found that many folk that have problems with thier operating systems whether it be xp vista or whatever have automatic update disabled or are on snailmail and have accumulated a gret number of updates that have not been installed.

Most if not all these updates are correcting problems they are having and always improve performance, stability and safety.

by using windows update as shown in previous post microsoft will scan your computer and provide a list of updates you need.

It is important that all are installed.........this is a problem if you do not have broadband as some are quiet large and some have to be installed proir to others...... like sp1 before sp2 etc.

If you do not have automatic update enabled it is wise to do so or at least check for updates once a week.

Some firewalls. av and defender programs will prevent installation so when downloading and installing it is best to not browse away from microsoft and disable the av, firewall and defender (antispam) untill installation is complete then restatr and recheck for updates again untill all updates are installed.

do not forget then to reenable the av antispam and firewall.

There are ways to make update an exception on your defence programs so that they do not interfere and as each is different some help may be needed so ask here and I am sure someone will be able to help. alternatively go to the microsoft communities where most problems are solved often by ms approved advisors and if you cannot see your problem a simpe post will provide the right help in a day or so.
the links are shown on previous posts just find the section for your problem and operating system.
there are sections for internet explorer office and all the rest.

Most of this can be found here or one of the links from this page http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-NZ/default.mspx
cheers
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: