Xtra News Community 2
April 16, 2024, 08:36:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

First to a thousand & a million (lets beat those who want to bet Roger to 1000)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First to a thousand & a million (lets beat those who want to bet Roger to 1000)  (Read 21822 times)
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #325 on: April 15, 2009, 11:28:11 am »

I am at the bookshop. No customers in shop and all quiet. Suddenly a book falls off a top shelf. 
Name of book  FATE
So if something happens to me today  you will know I had a warning. Huh
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Alicat
« Reply #326 on: April 15, 2009, 11:46:43 am »

I am at the bookshop. No customers in shop and all quiet. Suddenly a book falls off a top shelf. 
Name of book  FATE
So if something happens to me today  you will know I had a warning. Huh

PMSL - best you look in the Ultimate Animals Thread - DT is delivering your new shop cat today - FATE!
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #327 on: April 15, 2009, 12:17:17 pm »

WHAT!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea
Senator
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #328 on: April 16, 2009, 05:41:30 am »

I am too fat for my clothes to walk into my girls room - except when one of them has the self same t-shirt as me.

However I am hearing you on FM regarding socks DT.
The problem is compounded by idiot sock manufactorers, or should that be retailers, that persist in making/stocking womans socks up to size 8. All 3 of us are now size 9. Socks are availible in that size range but try and get 3 different colours in them is mission impossible. Worse still, since my favourite winter wool socks are mens ones Mr sp with his same size range but slightly bigger feet pinches mine as well!

Wanted - part wool socks in girly non pink designs in large size.

At this rate I will be knitting my own   Angry
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #329 on: April 16, 2009, 08:09:06 am »

I weara size 4 shoe - finding adult shoes and socks that fit tiny sizing is almost impossible - today I am wearing spiderman socks!!  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
ssweetpea
Senator

« Reply #330 on: April 16, 2009, 04:57:25 pm »

You haven't seen my coca cola socks. They don't walk into the girls room like my cat ones.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
ssweetpea
Senator

« Reply #331 on: April 24, 2009, 06:23:04 am »

I got a sore hand.
It twanked on Monday and was a little sore on Tuesday.
By Wednesday night it was sore enough to strap up and was pretty useless yesterday but last night it got so sore that I put an ice pack on it. It woke me early this morning so I guess it is off to the medical centre when the kids get up.

There is a lump near my wrist and my index finger hurts to move.

Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #332 on: April 24, 2009, 08:38:39 am »

I got a sore hand.
It twanked on Monday and was a little sore on Tuesday.
By Wednesday night it was sore enough to strap up and was pretty useless yesterday but last night it got so sore that I put an ice pack on it. It woke me early this morning so I guess it is off to the medical centre when the kids get up.

There is a lump near my wrist and my index finger hurts to move.

Ouch - I hope it comes right soon. Hate to say it, but you ned to see your GP methinks.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Senator

« Reply #333 on: April 24, 2009, 11:12:17 am »

Been and been x-rayed.
I sprained a ligament and there is a bit of calcifaction so I am straped up and in a sling.

The doctor also refered me to a physio to get a splint but I am wondering if the is really necessary.

Needless to say, I am typing one handed and the mouse is on the left.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #334 on: April 24, 2009, 12:04:16 pm »

I'm Back!!!   

But I'm about to bugger off again for the weekend.... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #335 on: April 24, 2009, 12:15:57 pm »

So you just called in long enough to make us all jealous.  Noice. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #336 on: April 24, 2009, 12:24:53 pm »

This time last week I was driving from Te Anau to Milford Sound during a high-rainfall event where an entire FOOT (12 inches) of rain was dumped in about 14 hours. I've never seen so much water pouring down the sides of the mountain faces before! The noise from the thousands of temporary waterfalls at Milford Sound was deafening throughout Friday night!! The following day (Saturday) was mostly fine weather, although with some clouds still hanging around the mountains, but everything was visible except for Mitre Peak which was hiding itself in cloud all day.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #337 on: May 05, 2009, 12:57:43 pm »

I popped out to get some bread from the local bread shop.  I wound up in a short queue at the checkout behind this blonde bint who I've seen around a lot.  She's one of those people who shove trolleys in the supermarket, and bull their way out of car parks instead of waiting politely as the rest of us do.  She's someone who always gets up my nose so I enjoy baiting her.  Like, while trying to push out of a car park, I'll stop in front of her and put the hand brake on to make her wait, while letting all the others, who are waiting patiently, out. 

Anyway, the server was a young Indian guy.  Nice looking, tidy and well spoken.  He told her that her purchase came to $12.70 and she paid in cash.  When she was give the change she demanded more.  He checked the change and said that she had the right change.  It sort of went down hill from there where she started in at him with "Your kind should speak more clearly".

WHAT!

I wasn't letting that go - I'd heard him just fine and I was further away. 

"His kind?  What the hell is 'His kind'?"  (Not letting her take a breath) "He's probably can trace more pedigree in him than your mongrel background blondie - in fact, that's a certainty.  I heard him just fine so maybe 'your kind' should pay more attention to what is said instead of sulking because you had to be served by someone who is better bred than you."  Then I turned to him and said "Ignore the Arian bitch - there isn't a law to stop trailer trash from breeding unfortunately".

I don't know if I shocked her or she just recognised me from our previous encounters, she stuck her nose in the air and walked out.   But she was beet red so I hit home. 

Ha!
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #338 on: May 05, 2009, 01:05:59 pm »

Well done!!. Bet she doesn't shop there again - no loss to him though. I don't know why people have to be so pig-ignorant and rude.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Magoo
« Reply #339 on: May 05, 2009, 01:16:57 pm »

Bet you could have heard a pin drop in there. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #340 on: May 05, 2009, 01:36:05 pm »

I would have liked a larger audience - but I'll take what I can get.  It's not like he could defend himself without putting himself in a horrible position.

I've been waiting to use that for ages - my girlfriend is tiny, blonde, beautiful and cute as a button.   If she wasn't so blardy neat she would be everything I'm jealous of.  She took on a skin head in a pub with that spiel (or variations of that anyway) and I've been dying to use it lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #341 on: May 07, 2009, 11:02:18 pm »

I can just see you saying that   LOL   You go girl
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #342 on: May 07, 2009, 11:11:35 pm »

This thread needs a slight kick up the bum to get the numbers up towards 1,000 messages!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #343 on: May 08, 2009, 08:37:23 am »

Son has sprained his ankle.  Tripped over a girl in the corridor at school at morning interval yesterday.  Did he go to the school nurse and get it strapped? No!  Did he text/ ring me and ask for advice?  No! Did he get off the bus at the stop directly opposite our GP and go and get it strapped? No!  He went to rugby training, then sent whingy text messages to me (working in the city) to come and get him from 5.30 on.

Him and Jeremy Smith will be side-lined for their big games. 
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #344 on: May 08, 2009, 08:38:06 am »

And I still haven't figured out how he 'tripped over a girl'. 
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #345 on: May 08, 2009, 09:04:51 am »

Sprained ankles come right really quick when strapped with about 5 comfrey leaves which have been boiled in water for a few minutes - soak bandage in the water after boiling.  The ankle will be strong overnight.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
ssweetpea
Senator

« Reply #346 on: May 10, 2009, 07:00:07 pm »

If the girls down there sit leaning up against the corridor walls like they do here I can see how it happened especially if the corridors are as well lit (not) as they are at our local College.

I have been learning how to play with my new toy - my very first MP3 player! Cheesy

Sp2 is jealous.
Report Spam   Logged

dragontamer
« Reply #347 on: May 11, 2009, 08:20:20 am »

I spent Saturday night at a Toughlove fundraiser.  It was a cabaret and meal.  The meal was awesome, as it should be for $100 double ticket.

Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #348 on: May 11, 2009, 12:18:03 pm »

Nitz' Place!
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Senator

« Reply #349 on: May 27, 2009, 09:59:09 am »

We met sp1's mentor last night.

Sp1 duly introduced her brother as Annoying.

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: