Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 11:51:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Favourite Appliance

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite Appliance  (Read 2364 times)
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« on: February 03, 2009, 08:27:03 am »

I am an appliance junkie. I have so many storage is becoming a problem. I do use them all though .
Latest favourite has to be my steamer, food just tastes so much better.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 01:40:59 pm »

My favourite appliance is the kettle 

Coffee 3
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Shef
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 02:07:00 pm »

My favourite appliance would have to be my hand-held electric beater. Mr S bought me a new state of the art KitchenAid mixer some years ago when my Kenwood blew up (after about 15 years).
It is so useless that it's easier to either mix by hand or use my "red-shed" mixer.

The two things I can't do without in my kitchen are -my knives, kept sharpened the way I like them. And my cast iron frypan.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Alicat
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 09:07:49 am »

I bought a Sunbeam Mixer just over a year ago and LOVE it. It has a well shaped and decent size bowl, and the rotation of the bowl works really well.

My favourite appliance though would have to be my Crockpot. I bought my first one back in the late 70's. It was the Ralta and had a 2 year warranty. It lasted until 2 years ago when it finally gave up the ghost. I had bought my parents one at the same time and theirs lasted as long as mine did. I replaced it with the Sunbeam Crockpot, which is exactly the same as Ralta. I use it mainly when I'm on night shift. I get home from work and throw everything into the crockpot then go to bed. Dinner is ready bar the rice or amshed spuds when I get up.
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 07:40:31 pm »

My kenwood mixer has been going strong for over 17 years.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
beaker
Senator
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 07:07:01 pm »

I currently love my magic bullet which dad bought for me Christmas before last.  Perfect for fresh breadcrumbs, milkshakes. 

But I wouldn't be able to live without my knives and my skillet.
Report Spam   Logged

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!!
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 08:07:04 pm »

One of the funniest posts I've ever read was message #1 in a thread started by Ares Abani at the old Xtra News Community 2 group @ MSN on 26th November 2002 only a few weeks after the group was created....

The Crockpot : Wots your favorite cooking vessel??

From: Ares Abani †  (Original Message)                                          Sent: 26/11/2002 3:54 p.m.

Mine is the old fashion cast iron skillets

The small one is for when the hubby pisses me off... you know those major offenses when they say something stupid like your butt is dropping...lol... a good bang to the head can make him see things better.

The middle sized skillet is for those that need a lesson that echoes for years so they don’t forget...usually render on such occasion when he gets off work at 12 mid night but shows up at the house at 4 in the morning and work is 20 minutes away....lol....when one does this and comes home DRUNK or STONED their is no right answer so it merits one bang to the head...lol... You would be amazed how well they can tell time after just one application ..lol

The BIG skillet means you are DONE!!! I ain’t pissed off any more I am MAD....It comes with a warning label: One bang can cure all ailments and should only be used when life is threaten or they do the offenses that the middle skillet renders TWICE...lol All women should own a set of old fashion iron skillets the all purpose cooking vessels...lol Creates the perfect meal every night.

http://groups.msn.com/XtraNewsCommunity2/thecrockpot.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=2634&LastModified

Absolutely faaaarking classic stuff!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 08:09:50 pm by Kiwithrottlejockey » Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 04:05:21 pm »

I'd forgotten this - I can remember laughing so hard I nearly burst a blood vessel. Just read it to Mr S. He had tears rolling down his cheeks.

Report Spam   Logged

chrismrky

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 05:04:18 pm »

I currently love my magic bullet which dad bought for me Christmas before last.  Perfect for fresh breadcrumbs, milkshakes. 

son and I bought one for my hubby for his birthday last march,  the motor gave out around july,  which really pssed me off big time.  I hadnt kept the receipt   Angry
any ideas where I might get a replacement?

Report Spam   Logged

today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday....is it really been that bad today?

If we can put two men on the moon.....why cant we put the whole lot there? eh?
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 05:34:05 pm »

My favourite cooking appliance is a women 
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Alicat
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 09:50:19 pm »

My favourite cooking appliance is a women 

Barefoot and pregnant presumably?
Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 02:07:34 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 04:24:14 am »

Tooting the hoot.

Sun down, stars out,

Warm in from without.

Cold night, inside warm and bright,

Tomorrow will be allright.

No Manyana, No piata,

Still I eat and still I farta.

Odd Jobs for a deener or a bob

And lusty ladies at the kitchen hob.

In and out the money goes,

Just like the tidal flows.

One thing I can say for sure,

When one’s within from without,

Life’s nay but a hoot

copyrite
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Ferney

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 08:08:25 pm »

Favourite appliance would have to be....the dishwasher.....and cast iron pan.   
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Senator

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 10:40:46 am »

I find the things I value the most in the kitchen have often come from the opp shop.

Like the heavy aluminum frying pan with metal handle that I can stick under the grill to finish a frittata or use on the BBQ.

The ancient pressure cooker with its little weights that can cook 500g of kidney beans in 45 mins.

The Aluminium hot plate that makes better piklets and toasted sandwiches than any non stick frying pan. It's not bad for steak either.

The gem irons, great for holding heat in the oven if you have to open the door alot as well as gems on a cold winter afternoon.

The old mincer, for those times when a food processor just doesn't do as good a job.

The mouli I wore out making baby food. I miss it everytime I make apple sauce.

As for favorite appliances - I like my all gas stove and living without the microwave would require a big adjustment. Life without the toaster, food processor and 20 year old hand held mixer would be annoying and I find I am missing the sandwich toaster (it did focchia) that broke last month more than I thought I would. I will replace it.

Many small appliances I have had haven't been replaced when they worn out/broke.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Shef
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 09:38:32 pm »

One of the funniest posts I've ever read was message #1 in a thread started by Ares Abani at the old Xtra News Community 2 group @ MSN on 26th November 2002 only a few weeks after the group was created....

The Crockpot : Wots your favorite cooking vessel??

From: Ares Abani †  (Original Message)                                          Sent: 26/11/2002 3:54 p.m.

Mine is the old fashion cast iron skillets

The small one is for when the hubby pisses me off... you know those major offenses when they say something stupid like your butt is dropping...lol... a good bang to the head can make him see things better.

The middle sized skillet is for those that need a lesson that echoes for years so they don’t forget...usually render on such occasion when he gets off work at 12 mid night but shows up at the house at 4 in the morning and work is 20 minutes away....lol....when one does this and comes home DRUNK or STONED their is no right answer so it merits one bang to the head...lol... You would be amazed how well they can tell time after just one application ..lol

The BIG skillet means you are DONE!!! I ain’t pissed off any more I am MAD....It comes with a warning label: One bang can cure all ailments and should only be used when life is threaten or they do the offenses that the middle skillet renders TWICE...lol All women should own a set of old fashion iron skillets the all purpose cooking vessels...lol Creates the perfect meal every night.

http://groups.msn.com/XtraNewsCommunity2/thecrockpot.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=2634&LastModified

Just had to put this in for Ares

:H
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 06:39:42 am »

Like Brownie I am a kitchen gadget person and don't have a favourite one.  They all get used at various times and as I get a little older I find having a machine to do the job is a great help.
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 07:10:49 am »

Favourite appliance?

Lisa - my fiancee.

She's multi purpose too!

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Magoo
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 07:31:15 am »

Well fall on your knees and be thankful Dazza. :bwto
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 07:36:05 am »

Mmmm... she doesn't cook yummy curried sausages first thing in the morning thou... might have to work on that one!!
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Magoo
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 07:40:21 am »

You can never start training too early.   But grovel...it works wonders.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 08:32:40 am »

I got a Sunbeam Steamer a few weeks ago when I cashed in some FLYBUYS points. It's fantastic. There are the 3 tiers plus a rice cooker in it. I'm thrilled with it - it's easy to use and easy to clean  :yay
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 09:58:46 am »

ewwww kidney beans .. damn Im glad theres some people who eat them, stops the GNATS making them compulsory!!
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Shef
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 02:50:53 pm »

I love kidney beans - in fact I like all dried beans :as  They were great when we had a large family (all big eaters), they stretched out stews, mince, pasta sauces etc.
Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea
Senator

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 06:45:33 pm »

I just bought a sandwich maker/foccasia toaster. It does four sandwiches at once. Sp1 is in hogs heaven and up to her eyeballs in sweetcorn and cheese toasties.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: