Xtra News Community 2
April 16, 2024, 04:25:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Windows 7 (Beta) and Server 2008

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7 (Beta) and Server 2008  (Read 807 times)
Crusader
« on: June 04, 2009, 07:00:16 pm »

Yesterday I attended a seminar in CHCH on Windows 7 and Server 2008. If anyone is interested in these two products have a look at this website.
http://nathanmercer.com

Our presenter said he will add his powerpoint onto the website in the next few days. I was pretty interested in the Windows 7 presentation but by the time Server 2008 started, my hangover from the night before had taken full flight and I didn't really take much in.

Windows 7 looks pretty good. You can download the RC from that website and try it out if you want, however the licence keys will expire next June and your PC will shut down every two hours if you do not purchase the RTM which is set to be release around October this year. Can't wait. One feature that I quite liked of it was the ability to connect to your home network from anywhere. All you need to do is associate a Windows Live ID to each of the devices on your network and say for instance you go to work with your laptop, you can remote to your home network through the internet by connecting to the Windows Live ID of the device you want to connect to.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 07:37:57 pm »

One feature that I quite liked of it was the ability to connect to your home network from anywhere. All you need to do is associate a Windows Live ID to each of the devices on your network and say for instance you go to work with your laptop, you can remote to your home network through the Internet by connecting to the Windows Live ID of the device you want to connect to.

Yer - that's cool.
Removes (or cloaks) the need for the static IP address for RDP.
Nice!

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: