Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:42:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Missing cat strolls into police station

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing cat strolls into police station  (Read 794 times)
Nitpicker1
« on: June 04, 2009, 09:51:18 am »

Missing cat strolls into police station
By NATHAN BEAUMONT
The Dominion Post
03/06/2009

A Wellingtonian's missing pet cat turned himself in to police.
Latest story: Owner struggles to solve Rubiks' cruise

Rubiks the cat was missing for two weeks after running away from his home in the Wellington suburb of Mt Cook.

But yesterday the black cat simply walked into the Lower Hutt police station, bringing his escapade to an end.

Realising the cat was probably lost, police called the Wellington SPCA and the owners were traced through a microchip he was wearing.

A relieved owner collected Rubiks, but had no idea how he found his way to Lower Hutt.

It was the second time Rubiks had run away from home. The first time he went missing for six weeks and was eventually found in Kilbirnie.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/wellington/2468547/Missing-cat-strolls-into-police-station
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 07:16:00 pm »

What a hoot. I would love to have been there to see the looks on the Cops faces.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 07:57:24 pm »

What a clever cat.  Grin

Recently we had a young lady come round with posters she had made for her missing cat.  They had moved to our area while  they built on their lifestyle block.   A dog frightened the cat on day #2 after the move and he run off and obviously couldnt find his way back again.   He had been missing 5 weeks and turned up back at their old house about 20kms north of here and made himself at home in the empty house.   The young couple had gone back there and opened the cat door on the long shot.       They had a very happy reunion this week.
I do love a happy ending. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 10:02:27 pm »

LOL maybe pets listen when we're telling our kids 'if you're ever lost - find a policeman'  Cheesy 

LOL Magoo - so glad they found him. A pet is truly part of the family
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Magoo
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 06:16:08 am »

Sure thing Shef.  Even their old doggy was fretting for him.  They have shared a bed for a number of years I believe so its all back to normal for them.
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 08:31:27 am »

I loved the story of the missing cat and the Police Station....  I KNOW 2 who did about 3 months in Borstal:

During my gypsy existence we had had a big neutered male ginger SPCA rehomer for whom we fitted a catflap in the stairwell of our bus, and who never got lost when we moved to new locations, being free to come and go as he wanted

Until a few days after we returned to Invercargill's Showgrounds Motor Camp at the close of the whitebaiting season. Our cat and later a white one belonging to the camp manager just disappeared

I was devastated and wept when I visited the spca to look for him in case someone had found him, advertised in the paper and over the CB radio, eventually came to the conclusion he may have been run over...

Until A FEW MONTHS LATER Camp manager's cat was seen on top of the huge stone wall between the Invercargill borstal and the Motor Camp, and was reclaimed by it's owner.

Apparently they had BOTH been "adopted/catnapped" by borstal boys who walked past the camp twice daily on their way to and from the Borstal farm on the other side of the Waiopai river.

The cats were in tip top condition and readapted ok to their original homes,  but I did feel sorta sorry for the loss to whoever had borrowed them.

Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 09:55:15 am »

What a great story.   So your puss became an ex concat.  I'll bet the boys missed them. Grin
We used to take our old tabby tom with us to French Pass in the caravan.  He would head up into the bush and only come in to sleep at night.   He always knew when we were packing up and wouldn't leave the van that day.   He used to ride in the van sitting up looking out the window. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 09:41:01 pm »

It's good to hear of borstal boys treating animals well.  Probably the first time they had an animal to care for in their entire lives for some of them.  Hopefully with lifelong effects (the loving, not the cat disappearing again).

St Joseph's church in Upper Hutt stole one of my cats.  That's right.  You read that correctly.  The catholic brothers STOLE my cat!  He used to go there and catch mice and they thought he was the bee's knees.  So bribed him into staying.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: