Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 04:08:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

What Book Are You?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Book Are You?  (Read 2069 times)
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« on: February 03, 2009, 10:49:09 am »

http://bluepyramid.org/ia/1q.htm

You're Siddhartha!by Hermann Hesse
You simply don't know what to believe, but you're willing to try anything once. Western values, Eastern values, hedonism and minimalism, you've spent some time in every camp. But you still don't have any idea what camp you belong in. This makes you an individualist of the highest order, but also really lonely. It's time to chill out under a tree. And realize that at least you believe in ferries.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 11:52:08 am by Brownie55 » Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 11:38:32 am »

That link is broken, but because you can edit messages after you have posted them in this group, you can fix it!

Simply remove the . from after org and the link will be put back together and work as it should....Grin
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 11:41:01 am by Kiwithrottlejockey » Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 11:47:49 am »

You're The Guns of August!

by Barbara Tuchman

Though you're interested in war, what you really want to know is what causes war. You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they really are. Nevertheless, you're always living in the past and have a hard time dealing with what's going on today. You're also far more focused on Europe than anywhere else in the world. A fitting motto for you might be “Guns do kill, but so can diplomats.”
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:52:55 am »

Thanks   is it right now? I love the editing feature.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 11:58:43 am »

Thanks   is it right now? I love the editing feature.

Yep....it's spot-on now.

I also love that editing feature. It means that when you post a message and stuff it up, instead of deleting it, you can simply edit it and fix things up. It really shows you what we were missing during all those years at MSN.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 01:44:54 pm »

You're Love in the Time of Cholera!
by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Like Odysseus in a work of Homer, you demonstrate undying loyalty by sleeping with as many people as you possibly can. But in your heart you never give consent! This creates a strange quandary of what love really means to you. On the one hand, you've loved the same person your whole life, but on the other, your actions barely speak to this fact. Whatever you do, stick to bottled water. The other stuff could get you killed.

Hysterical
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Nitpicker1
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 08:31:41 am »

You're Adventures of Huckleberry Finn!
by Mark Twain
With an affinity for floating down the river, you see things in black and white. The world is strange and new to you and the more you learn about it, the less it makes sense. You probably speak with an accent and others have a hard time understanding you and an even harder time taking you seriously. Nevertheless, your adventurous spirit is admirable. You really like straw hats.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Funny, ain't it! accent? Southlander?
others have a hard time understanding you and an even harder time taking you seriously
[/i]
nitz giggles. (probably because I use irony a lot, and few here recognise that. They often fail to recognise my type of humour, too.)

I do like straw hats, and regret having loaned one of my two of them to a guy who never returned it.. Maybe he's a Mark Twain too?

Report Spam   Logged
Calliope

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 09:59:30 am »

You're Waiting for Godot!

by Samuel Beckett
Many people think you're extremely dull, but you're just trying to
patient. Really patient. Patient to the point of absurdity, quite frankly. Whatever
you're waiting for isn't going to just come along, so you can stop waiting. I promise.
Move on with your life. Change of scenery might do you good. Heck, any scenery might
do you good. In the meantime, you do make for very interesting conversation.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 10:54:27 am »

<p>

<font face="Georgia, Georgia Ref, Book Antiqua, Garamond" size="5">
You're Ulysses!

<font size="4">by James Joyce</font>

<font size="3">Most people are convinced that you don't make any sense, but compared
to what else you could say, what you're saying now makes tons of sense. What people do
understand about you is your vulgarity, which has convinced people that you are at once
brilliant and repugnant. Meanwhile you are content to wander around aimlessly, taking in
the sights and sounds of the city. What you see is vast, almost limitless, and brings you
additional fame. When no one is looking, you dream of being a Greek folk hero.</font>

<font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.</font></font></p>
Report Spam   Logged
sparkels

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 05:21:54 pm »

You're Babar the King
by Jean de Brunhoff

Though your life has been filled with struggle and sadness of late,
you're personally doing quite well for yourself. All this success brings responsibility,
though, and should not be taken lightly. Life has turned from war to peace, from damage
to reconstruction, and this brings a bright new hope for everyone you know. These hopeful
people look to you for guidance, and your best advice to them is to watch out for snakes.

You're quite fond of the name; Celeste

Yeah!! It's the snakes that'll get you ... every time!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Don't worry, be happy.
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 07:20:24 am »

Bio-Optic Organized Knowledge device

Introducing the new Bio-Optic Organized Knowledge device, trade named: BOOK

BOOK is a revolutionary breakthrough in technology: no wires, no electric circuits, no batteries, nothing to be connected or switched on. It's so easy to use, even a child can operate it.

Compact and portable, it can be used anywhere -- even sitting in an armchair by the fire— yet it is powerful enough to hold as much information as a CD-ROM disc. Here's how it works:

BOOK is constructed of sequentially numbered sheets of paper (recyclable), each capable of holding thousands of bits of information. The pages are locked together with a custom-fit device called a binder which keeps the sheets in their correct sequence.

Opaque Paper Technology (OPT) allows manufacturers to use both sides of the sheet, doubling the information density and cutting costs. Experts are divided on the prospects for further increases in information density; for now, BOOKS with more information simply use more pages.

Each sheet is scanned optically, registering information directly into your brain. A flick of the finger takes you to the next sheet. BOOK may be taken up at any time and used merely by opening it.

BOOK never crashes or requires rebooting, though like other display devices it can become unusable if dropped overboard. The "browse" feature allows you to move instantly to any sheet, and move forward or backward as you wish. Many come with an "index" feature, which pin-points the exact location of any selected information for instant retrieval.

An optional "BOOKmark" accessory allows you to open BOOK to the exact place you left it in a previous session—even if the BOOK has been closed. BOOKmarks fit universal design standards; thus, a single BOOKmark can be used in BOOKs by various manufacturers. Conversely, numerous BOOK markers can be used in a single BOOK if the user wants to store numerous views at once. The number is limited only by the number of pages in the BOOK.

You can also make personal notes next to BOOK text entries with an optional programming tool, the Portable Erasable Nib Cryptic Intercommunication Language Stylus (PENCILS).

Portable, durable, and affordable, BOOK is being hailed as a precursor of a new entertainment wave. Also, BOOK's appeal seems so certain that thousands of content creators have committed to the platform and investors are reportedly flocking. Look for a flood of new titles soon

Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 05:50:49 pm »

You're The Hobbit!
by J.R.R. Tolkien
All you wanted was a nice cup of tea when some haggard crazy old man came into your life and told you it was time to do something with yourself. Now you're all conflicted about whether to stick with your stay-at-home lifestyle or follow this crazy person into the wild. While you're very short and a little furry, you seem to be surrounded by an even greater quantity of short folks lately. Try not to lose your ring, but keep its value in perspective!

ROFLMAO -

What the whuck !

I should be so lucky as to be able to stay at home.

And by the way, I haven't lost me "ring" and so far aint got no "fuzz"(unless it's on my back in a spot I can't see  Wink)
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
dragontamer
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 06:02:31 am »

You're Anne of Green Gables!
by L.M. Montgomery
Bright, chipper, vivid, but with the emotional fortitude of cottage cheese, you make quite an impression on everyone you meet. You're impulsive, rash, honest, and probably don't have a great relationship with your parents. People hurt your feelings constantly, but your brazen honestly doesn't exactly treat others with kid gloves. Ultimately, though, you win the hearts and minds of everyone that matters. You spell your name with an E and you want everyone to know about it.

Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 11:23:40 am »

You're The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
by Douglas Adams

Considered by many to be one of the funniest people around, you are quite an entertainer. You've also traveled to the far reaches of what you deem possible, often confused and unsure of yourself. Life continues to jostle you around like a marble, but it's shown you so much of the world that you don't care. Wacky adventures continue to lie ahead. Your favorite number is 42.

Lol... rather fitting I guess.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
guest49
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 12:17:15 pm »

You're 1984!
by George Orwell
You have this uncanny feeling that you're always being watched. Thus life has become a bit of a show as you try to portray yourself as much more reputable than you actually are. All around you, people seem to accept an unending stream of lies and propaganda without flinching. Your only hope may be a star-crossed love affair, but pain seems stonger than love. If you have any older brothers, be very wary of them.
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 08:52:27 pm »

I seem to have 3 books on the go at the moment, and my 'to be read' pile is growing higher. Some really books coming into work at the moment and I have to grab them quick.

1/ Night Gardening    ..From a review:
                            Had a tough day at work? I advise you to dim the lights, pour yourself a glass of wine, and settle in for a few hours with this brief but memorable love story. Oh, and don't forget the hankies -- you'll need them.Each chapter of the novel opens with a quote from gardening manuals that emphasize the spiritual nature of the avocation. As one notes,

Deep within each of us lies a garden. An intensely personal place. Throughout most of our lives, this garden remains hidden from view save for brief glimpses during moments spent daydreaming or in quiet contemplation. But many of us long to make this imaginative garden real.
Maggie Flaherty Welles has reached her 60th year without revealing her inner garden to anyone. The only child of Irish immigrants, she married Adams Welles, wealthy scion of a Boston Brahmin family, to gain respectability. But by the time he died, their marriage was in name only, destroyed by Adams' alcoholism, obtuseness and inability to tolerate intimacy. Maggie's grown son and daughter now carry on their father's legacy of failure and alcoholism. Maggie has recently suffered a debilitating stroke that paralyzed her left side. She is half-heartedly going through the motions of learning to speak and walk again, convinced that her life is all but over.

Then she notices that her wealthy neighbors have hired a landscape architect to design and supervise the expensive remodeling of their garden. Once an avid gardener, Maggie is intrigued by the activity. Tristan Mallory, the silver-haired, blue-eyed architect, recognizes a kindred soul and returns her interest. Far from being repulsed by her stroke-impaired appearance, Tristan sees Maggie as a person of rare inner beauty. They begin to meet at night to restore Maggie's garden, which has withered from the combination of Maggie's financial and physical limitations.
It's not my usual type of book but is very well written and sometimes it is nice just to relax and enjoy....like I am with it. 

Report Spam   Logged

guest49
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 10:17:15 am »

<p>

You're Loosely Based
by Storey Clayton
While most people haven't heard of you, you're a really good and interesting person. Rather clever and witty, you crack a lot of jokes about the world around you. You do have a serious side, however, where your interest covers the homeless and the inequalities of society. You're good at bringing people together, but they keep asking you what your name means.

If they actually had access to my name, I'm sure they would have got that wrong too!
Report Spam   Logged
BorisSanobabitz

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 02:58:15 pm »

Zaregoto - The Kubikiri Cycle

“Every mystery novel I ever read, the great detective was such an arrogant fuck you could replace 70% of his dialogue with 'Are you stupid?' and the conversation would still make sense.”
― NisiOisiN, Zaregoto 1: Book 1: The Kubikiri Cycle

“To accpet the world as boring or accpet oneself as boring? Which is really more agreeable? There's bound to be some amount of ambiguity and uncertainty.”
― NisiOisiN, Zaregoto 1: Book 1: The Kubikiri Cycle
Report Spam   Logged

NEET or neet is a young person who is "Not in Education, Employment, or Training".

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: