Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 08:16:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Help with pregnancy

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with pregnancy  (Read 468 times)
Crusader
« on: February 02, 2009, 06:20:50 pm »

My wife is now two months pregnant with our first child. Am real excited and am trying to do the best to look after her, but she is having a real tought time and I wouldn't call it monring sickness but all day sickness. She keeps bringing up most food I feed her. She has a real bad case of indegestion too.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can feed her so it stays down? Or anything else I can do to help?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 06:27:23 pm »

Congratulations Crusader  Shocked

Im sure the ladies will have some suggestions for you.
I didnt have any trouble with that  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Alicat
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 07:07:54 pm »

Can't help with the morning (all day sickness) but for the indigestion/heartburn try a Whittakers Dar Chocolate Sante Bar. Try and keep some on hand. You need to eat the whole bar of it (they're not big anyway). The indigestion/heartburn will have gone within 2 minutes of her eating it. It works MUCH better and faster than Quickese and Mylanta.
Report Spam   Logged
wgtngirl
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 07:15:19 pm »

I've been pregnant four times and all four times I had all day sickness for the first 14 weeks.  Before your wife gets up in the morning give her a glass of water and either a piece of toast or dry crackers.  It helped with me.  Also helped to stick to healthy foods (which you should do at any rate) and don't eat anything salty or spicy or too sweet.  If it becomes such a problem that your wife is losing weight then you should see a doctor.  Fortunately, most morning/all day sicknesses are over by week 14.  And congratulations to both of you.
Report Spam   Logged
enemyoftheleft
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 07:27:01 pm »

hey crusader from bloke to bloke i gave my wife folic acid and womans multi,high calcium milk,black strap molasses,and stayed clear of cold meats and shell fish(listeria and all that).Also as she got bigger i rubbed in heaps of vit A and E cream and i'm sure that helped a lot with stretch marks.As the pregnancy gets futher on carry all the wet washing and hang it out,get a cleaner in for all the windows and floors and just sit back and watch her blossom Grin
Report Spam   Logged

liquor up front,poker at the rear
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 07:28:07 pm »

Congratulations to you and Mrs Crusader. My only suggestion is to get some lemon & ginger tea, available at the supermarket. It was the only thing that helped with my morning sickness. Failing that, even ginger ale will help settle an upset tum. Do point out to her that it WILL pass. I can remember how hard it was to see the light at the end of the tunnel, when all you want to do is feel 'normal'.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
obione

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 07:28:30 pm »

I've been pregnant four times and all four times I had all day sickness for the first 14 weeks.  Before your wife gets up in the morning give her a glass of water and either a piece of toast or dry crackers.  It helped with me.  Also helped to stick to healthy foods (which you should do at any rate) and don't eat anything salty or spicy or too sweet.  If it becomes such a problem that your wife is losing weight then you should see a doctor.  Fortunately, most morning/all day sicknesses are over by week 14.  And congratulations to both of you.

not fair eh> you girls go thru so much shit... i admire you girls who really go for the whole bit.. 16years ago, when my son was born, I saw my wife go thru the same birth thingie, and I tell you,, I would not wish it on anyone..now I thank her for her patience, and the pain she went thru cause I got a good son!!.. so I take my hat to all you women out there who are pregnant...
Report Spam   Logged
chrismrky

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 07:36:41 pm »

first up........congratulations to you both.

yup,... morning or all day sickness is a drag.   Wtgngirl is right with give her something BEFORE she gets out of bed (if you can)  it definitely helped with me  (2 pregnancies)  also, with my first I tended to fight the vomiting  -  which is usual when you think about it - but decided the second time to 'go with the flow'  Dont fight it, let it happen, it's usually over quicker!!!  It's just that it makes you feel so damn yuck and tired.  Not a good way to start the day!!!

AT ALL times, try and keep a sense of humour about it all.  thats why i love my hubby soo much.  he always managed to make me smile, even when I didnt really feel like it or really want to.  but it helped to see the funny side  (I had a quirk of stamping my foot as I threw up,  dont ask why!! He found that to be very funny)
Me personally,  I dont like being namby pambied, but he just seemed to get it right,  looking after me without overdoing it.  We women can be very independent even at times like this.  Do what feels right for you, and her body will let her know what is right.

Sounds like it might be a boy.....anyway thats what i'm picking if she is that ill. i was like that both times and have 2 boys (well great men they are now)

good luck

Report Spam   Logged

today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday....is it really been that bad today?

If we can put two men on the moon.....why cant we put the whole lot there? eh?
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 08:55:12 pm »

I had all day sickness with son(tipakel male) and had trouble eating everything.  I was put in vitamins to help but made sure I drank heaps of water.  All food was very plain.
It is really hard to say what she could eat because we are all different and been sick is set off my different things. 
It will be trail and error.  Let her try different things but small amounts.
I remember you telling us a while ago you where gonna be a daddy,  great news.  And well done on trying to help her she is one lucky lady to have you care som much. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 09:09:29 pm »

I am afraid I am childless so can't offer any suggestions. However congratulations and best wishes to you both.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Crusader
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 09:23:50 pm »

Thanks for all the advice. I will definately be trying all suggestions (Anything to reduce the times my head gets bitten off for something I have done  Smiley. Nah I can handle it, I just keep telling myself it is just the hormones yelling at me, not her. We've started to make a list of food that she is having a hard time dealing with and have stopped eating those.
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 09:27:28 pm »

That is the only way really.  If you think this is bad wait until the birth
maaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaa[/font][/font]
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 06:58:01 am »

So - keeping a diary now for Mrs Crusaders morning sickness -

What did you try this morning and how did she cope??
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
relaxed1
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 07:40:26 am »

Hope this helps...p.s soda crackers are like plain crakers

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/morning-sickness/AN01693
Report Spam   Logged

I know how i am and your approval isn't needed
Crusader
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 08:45:42 am »

I went to wake her up this morning to give her a glass of water and some crackers but she looked so peaceful asleep and after a bad night I didn't want to wake her up.
Have just emailed her everything you guys have said and will make sure our cupboards are stocked with everything (Whitakers chocky bars, lemon, ginger tea, vitimins etc).

Wheet bix seems to be working well for her along with peaches, plums and nectarenes. Venison meat is also a winner.

What is your guys thoughts on a home birth? She really wants one but I have told her that I am not comfortable with her not being in a hospital where trained staff and proper equipment is right there on standby if something goes wrong.

I hope it is a boy though. Although I it is going to make a difference to what sex it is.
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 08:53:05 am »

The best thing tou can do is both of you discuss it with your midwife. She knows all the ins and outs, and whether there are any risks involved. I can understand where you are coming from, but it is usually a short distance to a hospital/clinic, so there is often a back-up nearby.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Alicat
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 09:11:27 am »

The decision to have a home birth is a very personal one. You and your wife need to weigh up all the pros and cons and discuss them with your Midwife and GP. After weighing up the risks (if there are any) you'll have your answer. A lot of it will depend on how the pregnancy developes and on the health and medical history of your wife. Ultimately, you want a safe birth with a happy outcome. If you can do that safely with a home birth, fine. If not, then hospital or a birthing centre is your option.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: