Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 09:52:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Site loading issue

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Site loading issue  (Read 841 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: May 28, 2009, 10:01:16 am »

Ive been a member of mylotto since it began.  Originally I used IE 7 to connect - then as I do I got bored - and uploaded Firefox -- all was fine -- then I change again to IE7 and mylotto will let me sign in - but when I go to purchase the ticket it tells me I am not in NZ and cannot go any further.

So I have to bring up FF and I can do everything there.

I decided to update IE7 to 8 -- thining that might sort it out - but NO.

So I emailed mylotto - they replied saying I would have to contact microsoft NZ -- this morning I have spent ages going through their site (contact us) clicking through page after page of 'it is this' type questions - and then had to do a google search for an 0800 number.

I rang them -- after giving all the details -- then going my computer/proprties and giving him the service pack number (3) and the number beneath that -- he says -- you have a configuration problem that will have to be sorted by a technician and it will cost $75 for starters -- this elicited a yelp from me -- i asked if I had to pay for the dudes I was talking to  Grin  and hung up.

What can I do to correct this??
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 01:16:04 pm »

It's a bug in IE/Flash - I've dealt with the mylotto people and we tried to find a fix (I think I posted a screen shot in the "Jafa" thread), but the actual issue is the flash player/IE combination and since it's across to separate software packages there's no fix for it.

I know for a fact that mylotto know about this issue and have done for sometime - I'm surprised they put you through to Microsoft.
Microsoft also should know about this issue - it's mentioned a lot on the developers forums.

Don't waste your time trying to fix it - you cant.
And don't call anyone about it either - they cant help you....

... so you be on your own (with all the other millions for company)!
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 01:41:32 pm »

Hmm now that dont surprise me.

I asked pressf1 about it too

they have had me return the browser to default and to then reinstall addons etc -- to no avail.

My java on ie pops up with a notebook page when I load something using it ..  Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 05:11:16 pm »

Daz .. how does this sound -- by the way - Im still having this trouble -- have to get FF up twice a week to play lotto  Angry

This is a reply Ive had through PressF1

This issue is caused by Geofilter issue.

By law MyLotto.co.nz has to reject users that are unable to pass across a valid IP address.

As it stands the system reads it as 'Host IP null" this is typically because of the data stored in the following registery entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Post Platform

This is due to all updates to IE each time it adds additional keys i.e - ".NET CLR 2.0.50727" each key is passed across and if the length is more than 255 then you will experience a number of issues like this.

Quick solution install Google Chrome or Firefox and this issue will be resolved.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: