Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 04:57:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Meanwhile, in Jesusland....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meanwhile, in Jesusland....  (Read 12546 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 05:29:34 pm »

Ticket for running engine ends spending in town

Letters to the Editor - The Durango Herald | Thursday, August 04, 2011

I ARRIVED  arrived in Durango in June around 4 p.m. I stopped to meet with a real estate agent to plan the next two days to look for our second home. The meeting lasted about one hour. Our next stop was going to be Lake Vallecito, where we stayed for three nights while looking for real estate.

It was above 80 degrees in Durango, and my wife and I travel with three dogs. I was not going to leave them in the full sun without leaving my truck running with the air conditioner on. I put a steering wheel locking device on and left my truck running. The dogs would have died from the heat build up in the truck, and that was not an option for me. When we returned to my truck, I was given a ticket for leaving my engine running. I completed a written appeal with the city, which was turned down, and now I owe $15.

My wife and I ended up purchasing a home in South Fork, and we need everything: furniture, patio furniture, two TVs, everything for the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, vacuums, garage storage shelves, a Polaris, etc. Paying the $15 was ridiculous, given my alternatives, but better than killing my dogs. My wife and I were planning on doing all of our purchasing in Durango, but I am not willing to be given another ticket nor will I kill my dogs.

I wonder how large the ticket would be if I left my engine off and all three dogs died? I will never shop in Durango, and the local merchants large and small have their city to thank for that. I guess Durango is not part of the Great Recession.

I now plan to drive farther and do my shopping in Colorado Springs. Sorry.

Ross Wait
Yuma, Arizona

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20110805/OPINION03/708059963/0/opinion/Ticket-for-running-engine-ends-spending-in-town

I reckon the town of Duranga (in Colorado) has had a very lucky escape from being infested by a fossil-fuels wasting wanker! 

ONLY in America, eh? 

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: