Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 09:46:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Emergency dishwasher powder.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emergency dishwasher powder.  (Read 1093 times)
dragontamer
« on: May 24, 2009, 12:14:21 pm »

I ran out of the dishwashing pellets and, seeing as the weather is totally crap and I didn't want to go out if I didn't have to, I searched the internet for a quick fix.

Lots of recipes out there to make your own, but most contain borax.

I found one that was simple enough.  Baking soda and white vinegar, mixed to a paste and put in the normal dispenser.

I used it, and it was fine.  No residue, except on one glass which was in the far left corner and had a light clouding, and that wiped off with a cloth, no dirty bits left (including 2 plates which had been filled with rolled oats). 

So, while it might not be good to use in your machine all the time, it certainly fills a gap when necessary.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 05:32:35 am »

Thats a really worthwhile tip dragon.
Thank you
I was windering what would be good for polishinga car. Car polish is so expensive

Any ideas
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 06:46:39 am »

DT.  I think you would find the baking soda and white vinegar would also be very good for cleaning the washer drain and leave it smelling clean. 
Report Spam   Logged
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 04:43:11 pm »

well dragon are you deaF?
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 06:11:28 pm »

DT.  I think you would find the baking soda and white vinegar would also be very good for cleaning the washer drain and leave it smelling clean. 

Yeah Auntie Goo.  I dug around a bit on the web and the best recipe I could find for a cleanout of the machine was to put baking soda mixed with some lemon juice in a glass (pretty much full to brim), sitting in the cultery basket right way up, and a large cup or jug (also full) of white vinegar in the top rack, also right way up.

So I gave it a whirl (being as both are as cheap as chips) and voila!  The machine looks great and smells sweet.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 06:13:15 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 06:48:05 pm »

Hehe.  My emergency dishwasher powder is....the sink and liquid detergent. 

I put vinegar through the dishwasher to keep it clean and smelling good too. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: