Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 03:13:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Cats and their odd habits

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cats and their odd habits  (Read 1152 times)
wgtngirl
« on: May 22, 2009, 06:31:30 pm »

Wednesday was a very very cold night.  Mr welly and I were tucked into bed under our nice warm blankets when Jazzi the 11 year old cat jumped up beside me and climbed under the blankets and settled down with her head on my pillow.  That will be ok I thought.  1 hour later I was still awake.  Why was I awake I hear you all ask.  I was awake because I had Mr welly snoring his head off on one side of me and Jazzi Cat snoring her head off on the other side of me.....not pleasant at all.  I ended up grabbing the duvet and sleeping on the couch Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:35:00 pm »

It must be the week for bed seeking pets.   Bertie ( the doglet) has taken to joining Mr Magoo and I under the goose down doona and isn't shy about spreading himself out.   I have a feeling this is going to be a long long winter. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
wgtngirl
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 07:46:56 pm »

On Thursday night we had Emo the black cat curled up under the blankets with oldest daughter; Darth Vader the other black cat curled up under the blankets with youngest daughter; Jazzi the female tabby curled up on oldest son's pillow with him; and Daxter the fluffy cat curled up between mr welly and me with his head on the pillows and also under the blankets.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 08:39:01 pm »

hmph. Last night...........

Mo, behind my knees.

Jaz up on top of my hip.

Garfield under the blankets by my stomach

and Daisy sitting on the bed side cabinet glaring at me.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 08:53:49 am »

Perhaps king size beds should be mandatory for pet owners.
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 09:01:29 am »

Hate furballs and fleas so only the triangular pussy in my bed.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 02:00:01 pm »

Sally doesn't like the wieght of blankets on her head....so a couple of cold nights ago it was a surpise to find her curled up behind my knees under the covers.

Last night she was cuddled up so closely to Mr sp on top of the covers that he had kept moving over...I woke to my sore shoulder aching because there wasn't enough bed left for me to lie flat Sad

Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 06:35:02 pm »

My bed is MY BED. My cats let me share MY BED with THEM as long as I don't take up too much room. All four of them sleep under the duvet snuggled up close to me. There is a competition going on between them all to see WHO can get closest to me. If I get up to go to the loo in the night, I have to negotiate with them to get back into MY BED.

It is a Queen-size bed.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 10:37:39 pm »

A double is just not big enough for a person and a cat.

I have been evicted from the queen sized bed when Mr sp has been away by a pair of cats before.

I have also had to get out of my side and climb back in the other side thanks to a heat seeking Sally.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 05:38:24 am »

Save on power........go to bed with a cat (or two or three)!
Report Spam   Logged
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 05:40:36 am »

Let's face it, who needs a leci blanket when you have a cat snuggled up close to you?
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 11:15:59 pm »

HOW TO GIVE YOUR CAT A PILL:

1) Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2) Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in
 left arm and repeat process.

3) Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4) Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear
 paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5) Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.

6) Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7) Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap.
 Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

Cool Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill inside end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9) Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10) Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard, and close door onto neck, to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11) Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot, drink. apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw Tee shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12) Call fire brigade to retrieve the f------ cat from tree across
 the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil-wrap.

13) Tie the little b**tard's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of steak filet. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14) Consume remainder of Scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the
 emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and remove pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15) Arrange for RSPCA to collect "mutant cat from hell" and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

HOW TO GIVE A DOG A PILL:

1) Wrap it in cheese.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: