Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 01:55:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Abusive vodaphone texts

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abusive vodaphone texts  (Read 438 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: February 02, 2009, 12:19:11 pm »

Well yes I could take them to the cops -

They started last Wednesday afternoon - this is on our shop phone.

They are disgusting - and getting worse.

I told them all the txts are being saved to go to the cops.

I dont know who it is - though we have rung a few times .. got a lady a couple of times .. who hung up .. and a kid most of the times, who deosnt hang up and doesnt say anything.

To get voda to do anything I have to ring 777 and deal with some dude in Turkey - I know I could ignore them and I do mostly - however they are getting more and more disgusting and annoying.

Any ideas??

Want the number anyone .... hehehehe  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 12:55:19 pm »

When you get a chance, pop into your local Police Station. Take the phone with you so that the Police can view the messages and take it from there. It will most likely be that Vodafone need to deal with this UNLESS there are any specific threats made in the the texts in which case the Police will need to follow that up.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 01:02:30 pm »

Deviating slightly from the topic, a few years ago I received a succession of txt messages from some silly little girl who sent me txt messages thinking it was to her ex or soon to be ex boyfriend accusing him of all sorts. The messages were very juvenile and pathetic. I sent a few txt messages back telling her it was the wrong number to which her responses became more and more vindictive and accusing.

In the end I rang her and put on my school-marm voice and gave her a bloody good telling off. I told her that if she did not stop sending me text messages, I would be reporting her under the Telecommunications Act and that she would have her cellphone confiscated etc etc. Once I'd finished telling her off (for accusing me of being a liar in the texts) I gave her some good wholesome advice about life in general and told her if she really wanted to maintain a relationship, doing it by text and being such a little girl over it was not the way to go.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 01:04:15 pm »

Ummm - for the record ... she would not have had her cellphone confiscated - I was bullshitting her, but she needed a bit of a wake up call.

This situation is different Lovelee. You don't know where it could lead so the Police need to be advised.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 01:13:00 pm »

Cheers for that Ali.

I know thats about all that can be done - its not like I can chuck the ph cos its my shop one   Angry

Its like this though - weve got burglaries, murders, stabbings, shootings, hold-ups, escaped prisoners, arsons, car crashes, dope dealers  etc etc etc that the cops here are working very hard on catching.

And a lil ol' lady walks in with abusive texts on her phone Drama
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Alicat
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 01:16:44 pm »

That's as maybe, BUT you have to wonder about the mind of the person who is sending the text messages. Is there more to it? Are they leading up to something else?

If you get a chance, type up a list (in the order that the texts came in) of dates and times and what each text message says. Take that to the Police as well as the phone. It will help them out.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 01:17:59 pm »

Good idea  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 01:24:15 pm »

Deviating slightly from the topic, a few years ago I received a succession of txt messages from some silly little girl who sent me txt messages thinking it was to her ex or soon to be ex boyfriend accusing him of all sorts. The messages were very juvenile and pathetic. I sent a few txt messages back telling her it was the wrong number to which her responses became more and more vindictive and accusing.

In the end I rang her and put on my school-marm voice and gave her a bloody good telling off. I told her that if she did not stop sending me text messages, I would be reporting her under the Telecommunications Act and that she would have her cellphone confiscated etc etc. Once I'd finished telling her off (for accusing me of being a liar in the texts) I gave her some good wholesome advice about life in general and told her if she really wanted to maintain a relationship, doing it by text and being such a little girl over it was not the way to go.

Post of the week!
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 01:27:37 pm »

Probably the best is to advise service provider and get number changed.
Then notify police if they are a local, ( NZ ) they may be able in time to track and smack the twat!
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 01:31:48 pm »

perhaps tell cops first and see if they can block and take over the calls on that number and organise another number for your freind's and trusted
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 04:27:07 pm »

Its probably some repressed and uptight anti sex toy lady. Probably a small minded Xtian fundy idiot bwahahahahaha!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 04:40:11 pm »

ok from someone who should know what to do ...

a Vodafone Store owner told me go into a Vodafone store show the MANAGER the Txts and he can arrange to have the ph blocked ...

very simple  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 05:44:00 pm »

Haha Benny I think yer right there .. I broke this afternoon and rang it a few times - getting the answer service amd it must have cost them heaps to get the messages off cos Ive been getting txts just now asking me to pay for a top up  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 05:44:58 pm »

ok from someone who should know what to do ...

a Vodafone Store owner told me go into a Vodafone store show the MANAGER the Txts and he can arrange to have the ph blocked ...

very simple  Grin

AHhhhhh OK thats what I'll do - I did look it up online but ya had to ring 777 Turkey and I swear I wont ring that again

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: