Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 01:45:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Browsers

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Browsers  (Read 1433 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
« on: May 17, 2009, 05:10:18 pm »

I use Slimbrowser as a secondary browser. I originally set it up on my computers so I could log-in with a separate Passport with the old MSN Groups while I was logged in as Kiwithottlejockey using IE. It allowed me to use other Passwords to upload image files to MSN without having to log-out as Kiwithrottlejockey to do so. I've since decided it is an advatage to have two browsers and split the load if I have a heap of webpages open at the same time. Plus, with these SMF groups, it also allows me to log-in as a group administrator while remaining logged-in as Kiwithrottlejockey if group settings need to be tweaked.

However, one thing to remember is that Slimbrowser in its raw state is not working optimally for many thing you wish to use a browser for. It actually contains a huge number of features, but you have to trawl through the browser's settings and enable all the stuff you wish to use and play with other settings to customise the browser for your use.

One of the things I really like about Slimbrowser is the way it clones things like Favourites from IE (or vice-versa) so that if you do anything with Favourites such as bookmarking a webpage or organising your favourites, it will automatically apply to both Slimbrowser AND Internet Explorer. Yet, while the two browsers work in tandem like that, they keep cookies separate to each individual browser, meaning you an log-in with different usernames on each browser at sites like SMF or ProBoards or Yuku or even MSN.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: