Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 03:58:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

One down, two to go

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One down, two to go  (Read 295 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: February 02, 2009, 06:09:49 am »

Yes, the new school year has started.

Sp2 was out the door this morning sporting her new uniform.

I don't send the others off until Wednesday
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 06:12:39 am »

Conga Line
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 08:01:05 am »

Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 08:10:34 am »

And Friday's a public holiday LOL

I'm surprised the teachers haven't slipped a teachers' only day inbetween Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 12:01:17 pm »

On Thursday afternoon the girls and I are on the boat to Rangitoto for the weekend.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
wgtngirl
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 12:46:06 pm »

All 4 of mine are off to school tomorrow.  One to primary, one starting intermediate, two to college.  Oldest was chucked out of school last year for non-attendance but over the last 6 months has realised that it is difficult to get a job without NCEA so he spoke to the principal, promised that he would apply himself, attend all classes and has been re-enrolled on the condition that he realises that if he starts non-attending again he will be out on his ear.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 12:48:03 pm »

How old is he Wellie?
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
wgtngirl
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 12:54:59 pm »

He is 16 lovelee.  U know how last year we were having major probs with older 2, well since school finished things have been really great and since we moved into a larger more spacious house everything has been better.  Touch wood that it all remains this way.  It is great for everyones morale.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 01:16:45 pm »

Oo mate - thats good news.  Does everyone have more 'get-away-from-the-rest' space now??

Its might be all that was needed for a growing family.

I would suggest that you prepare yourself though  Wink  leopards and their spots, u know  Wink

Check out the tertiary levels of education for him - something hes interested in to start with.

For some of these kids round this age - they should be able to do a couple of subjects at College and take a tertiary subject too - to give them a feeling of betterness.
Report Spam   Logged

wgtngirl
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 01:25:52 pm »

Definitely more get away from the rest space.  It's a 4 bedroom house so the boys get their own rooms which has certainly helped the oldest.  The girls prefer sharing at this stage.  I know we will still have problems but I feel better able to deal with them now.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: