Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 10:25:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Homemade Cleaning Wipes

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homemade Cleaning Wipes  (Read 1142 times)
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« on: May 12, 2009, 04:18:19 pm »

I haven't tried this but it looks really easy.

Homemade Cleaning Wipes

1 round baby wipe container*
1 roll of paper towels**
2-4 cups cleaning solution (homemade is fine)

Recycle a used round baby wipe container. Cut a roll of paper towel in half, (an electric or serrated knife works best for this.) Remove the center cardboard. Place 1/2 of the paper towels in the baby wipe container. Pour cleaning solution into the container. (The amount will depend of the absorbency of your paper towels.) This can be used for window cleaner, all purpose cleaner, or disinfectant cleaner. Pull the first paper towel out of the center of the roll, through the hole in the container lid. If the paper towels dry out before they are all used add more solution or some water.

*If you don't have a baby wipe container, you can use a round plastic container and just drill or punch a large hole in the center of the lid.
**It is best to use expensive, thick paper towels. The cheap ones won't hold up to scrubbing.

Face/Hand Wipes

2 tablespoons liquid baby bath
2 cups water

Bathroom Wipes

1/2 cup pine cleaner
2 cups water

Window Wipes

1 cup glass cleaner
1 1/2 cups water

Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ssweetpea
Senator
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 09:47:35 pm »

Nappy liners may stand up to more use and you can wash them and reuse. The only hitch is that i doubt it would work out any cheaper than buying a packet of wipes to start with.

I used to recycle the more cloth like baby wipes (not the really shit covered ones) by chucking them in the nappysan with the cloth nappys to soak then rinse and dry for use as nappy liners when my babies were still mostly breastfed. They weren't big enough once the children were eating more solids than milk Undecided.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
dragontamer
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:20:47 pm »

I was in the loos at the local Mall and was watching the cleaner at work.  The surfaces were brilliant - I expect clean but these went beyond the expected.  I asked her what product she was using and it turned out to be just your garden variety cleaner with a touch of disinfectant.  Instead of spraying on the surface she would soak the cloth in a bucket and wring it out and let the excess evaporate off, then use it.  No streaks or smears even on the mirror when she wiped it to show me.

I've been using that system ever since and am thrilled.  Now if I can just get my kids to feel the same passion. **sigh**
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 09:05:18 am »

I wonder why it is that with so many 'easy' ways to clean we still, in many cases buy something for the job from the supermarket.  I have an affinity to lavendar and although I have about 20 around the house in Hamiltn I never use them to make a cleaner or airfreshener - I buy something that is lavendar frangranced  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 06:30:56 pm »

LOL Lovelee we have been conditioned.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Magoo
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 06:49:37 pm »

I have an affinity to lavendar
  Me too.  I have a dehyrator and make potpourri.  I also had some broderie anglaise and made some lavender bags to throw in the drawers and hang in the wardrobes.        Mixed spices, cloves and vanilla beans tossed into a knee hi stocking can be hung in the robes too.
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 07:13:38 pm »

I grow lavender the one with the scented leaves and the one with the shighly scented flowers.
I get 500mil of alc bp from the chemist or sone high alcahole content brandy or vodke and steep them for a few months sometimes with a couple clove and/or a bayleaf or two strain it settle it and pipe off the oil for impregnating fabric for cupboard strips or jus shook up a bit to blend the oil and use as a pleasant chep high quality after shave.
I have given small bots to some ladies and they love it as a perfume.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 07:15:55 pm »

will try some split vanilla beans in next seasons batch.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Magoo
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 07:24:29 pm »

That sounds lovely Don.  The lavender I have at the moment is not highly fragrant alas but has flowered well.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: