Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 09:55:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

New Families Commissioner

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Families Commissioner  (Read 2926 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2009, 01:22:06 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2009, 08:57:25 am »

Christine Rankin thinks her personal life is off-limits.

Funny thing is she didn't think the previous Prime Minister's personal life was off-limits when she (Christine Rankin) made snide remarks about not having children. I would class having or not having children to be part of a woman's personal life. Many women who don't have children are unable to have children. Does Christine Rankin think it is okay to make snide comments about every woman who doesn't have children?

By making snide comments about other public persons' personal lives, Christine Rankin has opened herself up to being on the receiving end of more of the same and if she then blows her stack about what goes around then comes around then Christine Rankin is being a hypocrite!!

What goes around comes around.

Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
Magpie
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2009, 09:17:44 am »

For mine her involvement with another woman's husband which lead to a suicide is pretty unsavoury.

oh so Rankin shacking up with McAuley's husband is the 100% sole reason that McAuley committed suicide ?

if thats what you believe Mag's it shows how naive you are ..

Ray Smith has worked in the public sector for more than 20 years. In July 2006, he took up the role of Deputy Chief Executive of Child, Youth and Family following the organisation's merger with the Ministry of Social Development. He leads a workforce of more than 2,700 staff who deliver statutory child protection and youth justice services.

Prior to this, Ray held a number of key roles in Work and Income. From 2001, as Deputy Chief Executive, he led the Ministry's implementation of several key initiatives such as Working for Families.

As National Commissioner from 1998 to 2001, Ray was responsible for the successful integration of Income Support and the Employment Service.
http://psnetwork.org.nz/commsat/bios.html

Newtown Fella sidesteps completely the extraordinary history of extravagance and the personality cult Rankin built around herself while heading WINZ.

Yet there is no evidence she even recognises she did anything wrong, her reputation is apparently all other people's fault. It is that history which demonstrates her poor judgement and makes her an unsuitable appointment to any further public service role.
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare but my genius - Oscar Wilde at US Customs
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2009, 01:49:35 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2009, 08:33:28 am »

seems you need more than marriage under your belt to work for the FC ....  Grin

Colleagues mum over new recruit

Members of the Families Commission are supporting or refusing to give their personal views on the Government's appointment of four-times married former welfare chief Christine Rankin.

The twice-married chief commissioner, Jan Pryor, was not available for comment.

Deputy chief commissioner Sharron Cole, who has been married for 34 years and has two sons and two daughters, said she did not believe the allegations swirling around Ms Rankin were damaging to the commission.

It was not for her to say whether or not Ms Rankin should carry on in the role, she said.

All the other commissioners contacted by The Dominion Post were unwilling to comment on whether Ms Rankin's appointment was damaging to the commission or whether she should take up the role.

Auckland lawyer Sandra Alofiae, who is married and a mother of three - including one informally adopted son - and justice reformer Kim Workman, who described himself as a divorcee with four children from his first marriage and two adopted children by his second marriage, did not want to comment.

Former race relations conciliator Gregory Fortuin said: "There is no way I can make judgment about rumours." He separated three years ago after being married for 32 years and has three daughters and one son.

Lyn Campbell would not comment or provide information on her marital status.

Commissioner David Smyth could not be contacted.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/politics/2421896/Colleagues-mum-over-new-recruit
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2009, 08:45:35 am »

seems you need more than marriage under your belt to work for the FC
Perhaps only members with squeaky clean family lives and marriages should comment on this thread.    That being the case I have nothing further to add. 
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2009, 09:55:50 am »

I havent asked any of my old colleagues yet - but Im tempted.

Id like to find out the names of the 10 or so applicants there were for these latest positions.

I understand there was one name in there who should never have been overlooked.  And yet others were named instead - makes me wonder the strategy behind it.

The FC is Dunnes baby, and its a defunct baby.  I wonder if Key is hoping the shouting will include why a commission, and that he will be forced into a royal enquiry, to which no one will turn up and end up closing it down through lack of interest.  Thus blaming the shut down on the public, so he still keeps face with Dunne.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
c.p
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2009, 11:42:02 am »

somebody said... that speculation has been that Rankin was in the running for the commissioner for children post! now fueled by her post to the families commission, the take on this is that this move may be a precursor to merging both offices.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2009, 01:30:25 pm »

Rankin not first choice

Papers on the appointment of Christine Rankin to the Families Commission show she was not one of the four applicants for the job whom officials had recommended most highly.

Minister of Social Development Paula Bennett released Cabinet papers and correspondence relating to Ms Rankin's appointment yesterday after Labour further challenged her in Parliament.

The papers showed the Ministry of Social Development ranked the 46 people who expressed interest in the role. All the names other than Ms Rankin had been blanked out, but four were "recommended" and a further eight were listed as "may be suitable".

Ms Rankin was in the second grouping and was selected by Ms Bennett along with Bruce Pilbrow. There were no reasons given for the choice.

The papers also showed that National's caucus signed off on the appointment before it was finalised.

Ms Bennett had initially advised the appointments Cabinet committee she did not believe the caucus needed to be consulted but that changed in the committee's minute on the appointment.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10574941&ref=rss
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2009, 01:45:31 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2009, 02:42:41 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: