Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:46:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Anyone know anything about the msn look at my new photos virus

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know anything about the msn look at my new photos virus  (Read 1028 times)
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: May 11, 2009, 12:58:00 am »

It sends a message to people in your address book and tells them look at my new pictures, if they click to open it the file downloads god knows how many viruses.

i have been getting sent them by lots of people and people are getting them sent to them through msn even when the people who are supposed to be sending them are offline

also it is sending these to people saying its me sending it.

lol people are getting angry asking me why i sent them this file that wont open when they click on it lol

I have run my virus checker but cant find any  Huh

shit maybe i will dump my msn live  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 06:36:42 am »

What antivirus  are  you using.?   Is this a messenger or email virus?    Windows live is a pain in the arse.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:21:22 am by Magoo » Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 08:10:31 am »

Click nothing that is a link in MSN unless you are in an active conversation with the sender and they verify they are sending you something.  

My kids get these all the time, invariably the sender is 'offline' as soon as you open the conversation window.  That's a good clue things are not kosher.  

I usually reply "X - you are sending a virus.  Get your computer cleaned."  As most are teenagers, they don't even realise until I say something.  

The rotten thing is that the pics sent last week were actually listed as 'tamasbirthday.23jpg' etc.  They came from Tamas and his birthday was just days before.  Daughter was almost caught out.  It was only when I made her text Tamas and ask that she realised he hadn't sent them and knew nothing about it.

For anti-virus I run Avast and find it excellent.  But I know Yak had some issues with it and changed his, but he uses different software to me and had some sort of clash.  I think he uses Nod32 but I'm not sure.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 08:21:21 am »

Ive seen that a few times - not had it myself though.

Sometimes I have asked the person if they sent it - but Ive had to end up blocking them cos it happens over and over again .. then when I get a chance I let them know they have a virus in MSN.

I think it has to be removed from the computer and downloaded again to get rid of it.

Its a bloody hassle  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Magoo
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 08:23:03 am »

Nod32 is probably one of the better ones but it out of the price range of some people.   I was going to buy it but I have 4 computers and the licence for more than one is stupid.  If they had a deal for home users ( non business I might have considered it.)  I am using AVG free at the moment and find it good, a bit heavy on resources and it hates Incredimail, won't open it if its scanning but I can live with that.       It has also been known to catch false positives  ( the virus you have when you don't have a virus) but better safe than sorry.  It also put up a virus alarm when I was accepting something in Facebook.   I have since quit Facebook...boring shit.  I never open attachments, I don't care who they are from. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 07:35:16 pm »

Magoo - I used to use AVG.  The problem I had was it 'quarantines' the virus, which is then backed up into the system restore.  Not really a problem, unless other things go wrong, or the virus is actually a key, and it can cause havoc.   

I downloaded Avast and ran it and it spazzed for about 3 hours getting rid of all the stuff that AVG had a) quarantined, and b) missed. 

I'm on broadband and it looks for updates several times a day and downloads in the background.

But if you like AVG - live well and prosper  Grin a lot of it boils down to personal preference.  I love Avast.  Yak does not.   Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 08:14:32 pm »

Hi DT.     Avast is very good too.   I have used it too.    To empty the virus vault with AVG , you turn off the system restore on all drives, empty the vault, reboot and turn the system restore on again.
I also tried McAffee...the free one Telecom was offering and thought it was crapola and dumped it too.  I periodically get sick of AVG crashing incredimail, dump it and run Avast for a while. 
Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 09:11:28 am »

Sorry I forgot about my post in here 
must be losing the plot Lol Cheesy

I fixed the problem
My windows live password must of been hacked .
It was sending out the virus to the other people on my windows live  list.
I changed the password and some of my security settings I have had no more problems.
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 09:12:53 am »

Is there a way to post WM files in here ?
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 07:12:03 pm »

Is there a way to post WM files in here ?

WM as in windows Media?
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: