Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 01:11:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Anyone know anything about the msn look at my new photos virus

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know anything about the msn look at my new photos virus  (Read 1031 times)
dragontamer
« on: May 11, 2009, 08:10:31 am »

Click nothing that is a link in MSN unless you are in an active conversation with the sender and they verify they are sending you something.  

My kids get these all the time, invariably the sender is 'offline' as soon as you open the conversation window.  That's a good clue things are not kosher.  

I usually reply "X - you are sending a virus.  Get your computer cleaned."  As most are teenagers, they don't even realise until I say something.  

The rotten thing is that the pics sent last week were actually listed as 'tamasbirthday.23jpg' etc.  They came from Tamas and his birthday was just days before.  Daughter was almost caught out.  It was only when I made her text Tamas and ask that she realised he hadn't sent them and knew nothing about it.

For anti-virus I run Avast and find it excellent.  But I know Yak had some issues with it and changed his, but he uses different software to me and had some sort of clash.  I think he uses Nod32 but I'm not sure.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: