Xtra News Community 2
April 18, 2024, 07:46:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Townie in the Country

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Townie in the Country  (Read 1055 times)
Magoo
« on: May 08, 2009, 07:05:01 am »

Townie in the Country by June Garden

I bought this book as it was written by a friend of a friend and came with a personal signature.

A nice little autobiographical and humorours account of two ex Aucklanders venturing into early retirement on a lifestyle block in Hawes Bay.

In my opinion it was a good book to end the day with, light reading tinged with humour and perserverence.

Now I am done with it I will donate it to the  school library where my daughter is for the NZ book section.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 12:59:57 pm »

There is a online site thats quite fun Magoo.

ermm will see if i can find it again - wait there  Grin

YAY - sometimes my memory works for me. 

http://www.bookcrossing.com/

BookCrossing is earth-friendly, and gives you a way to share your books, clear your shelves, and conserve precious resources at the same time. Through our own unique method of recycling reads, BookCrossers give life to books. A book registered on BookCrossing is ready for adventure.

Leave it on a park bench, a coffee shop, at a hotel on vacation. Share it with a friend or tuck it onto a bookshelf at the gym -- anywhere it might find a new reader! What happens next is up to fate, and we never know where our books might travel. Track the book's journey around the world as it is passed on from person to person.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Magoo
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 01:30:37 pm »

What a hoot.   Have you joined here?   I have just been in the habit of donating books to the library or if I have a pile to get rid of I take them to the senior cits rooms.   
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 02:21:36 pm »

I was a member a few years ago - being a procrastinator of the worst kind - I printed out the lil thingys for the books - filled them out - stuck them in a couple of books and the books sat for about 2 years somewhere in the house where I had put them to remember to take them out for a walk

Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Magoo
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 02:26:48 pm »

And then you decided that the books were pretty darn good ones and you would read them again and put them back on the shelf.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 02:43:05 pm »

Ha no - I wish I could say yes - but Ive never been able to read a book a second time nor watch a movie again.  If I wonder if Ive read or seen it b4 - I only need to read a couple of paragraphs and I know.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: