Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 07:01:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

World's largest rabbit dies before TV appearance

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World's largest rabbit dies before TV appearance  (Read 261 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: May 05, 2009, 08:34:15 pm »

Amy the Continental Rabbit, who was nearly four feet long and weighed three stone, is understood to have died of a heart attack after travelling from its home in Worcester to Milan.

It was due to appear on the Italian version of Record Breakers, but the excitement proved too much and it died in a hotel room shortly before the television debut.

Last year, the giant rabbit usurped its mate Roberto's Guinness World Records crown as the world's biggest rabbit.

Having had more than 30 babies, Amy was so big it had to sleep in a dog kennel and cost £10 to feed a daily diet of two apples, a pile of carrots, half a cabbage, fresh hay and a dog bowl of rabbit mix.

Its owner Annette Edwards, 56, told the Sun of her pet's demise: "It is a mystery. She was healthy, not that old for a rabbit and the vet had deemed her fit to fly."

But Mrs Edwards is now hoping that Amy's offspring Alice will keep the largest rabbit title in the family. "We think Alice is two inches longer," she said.

A Guinness World Records spokesman said: "We are sad to hear of Amy's death."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/petshealth/5276376/Worlds-largest-rabbit-dies-before-TV-appearance.html
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 11:15:25 am »

That is an awful lot of food to feed a rabbit. Mind you all of my 4 rabbits together would be about that size.

My buns, two of whom are dwarf crosses, only get ¼cup of rabbit feed pellets and 1 to 2 cups of fresh greens, fruit and vege plus unlimited access to hay per day.

When I worked it out and included the cost of the bark chips I use in their litter boxes, 3 rabbits cost me as much to feed as Sally cat per week. However I do buy everything in bulk i.e. bark by the trailer, hay by the bale, pellets by 10kg or 25kg bag and I generally grow most of the greens or get some free from the fruit shop.

Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: