Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 08:53:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Chiefs Vs Hurricanes

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chiefs Vs Hurricanes  (Read 1188 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: May 05, 2009, 07:12:36 pm »

Sheryl Ririnui was a woman on a mission get tickets to the Chiefs v Hurricanes Super 14 rugby match on Saturday or else.

Seventeen thousand of a possible 25,000 tickets had been sold by this morning. Mrs Ririnui queued for tickets yesterday at Waikato Stadium. "I got up to watch them [the Chiefs] win on the weekend and I think they can do it again," she said. Mrs Ririnui was entrusted with getting tickets for husband George, children Rebecca and Josh, and grandson Levi, 12.

"They told me to get down here early to get them. We just want to be part of it all."

Also in the queue was Hamilton man John Prescott who also believed the second-placed Chiefs could knock over the table-topping Hurricanes and possibly push on for a home semifinal and even a home final. "The Chiefs had a shocking start and everyone wanted the coach's head, but they've come right when it's mattered. The Hurricanes are our bogey team, so I hope we can do it."

The Hurricanes have won their last four clashes against the Chiefs, including a 39-19 hiding last year in Wellington.   Angry

In the previous 13 matches in Super rugby, the Hurricanes lead 9-4.

Chiefs marketing manager Pat Mellsop said there were still 8000 tickets left for the match, but about half of them were in the green zone, a standing-only area.

"Obviously, if you want a seat, you're going to have to hurry and get a ticket.

"Obviously we've never been in this one versus two position before, so we need a big crowd there to cheer the boys on."

Mr Mellsop said there were still quality seats "sprinkled around".
http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/sport/2385206/Chiefs-charge-packs-fans-into-stadium/
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 03:57:36 pm »

Mils to stay despite offer

Mils Muliaina will lead the Chiefs into Saturday night's Super 14 top-of-the-table Hurricanes clash relieved his immediate rugby future has been decided.

Confirmation the Chiefs skipper and All Blacks fullback had re-signed with both the New Zealand Rugby Union and Waikato Rugby Union through until 2011 was made today by the NZRU.

NZRU chief executive Steve Tew said Muliaina had chosen to commit himself further to New Zealand rugby through until the next World Cup to be held in New Zealand "despite very attractive offers to play overseas".

It is understood the 28-year-old test veteran turned down a massive money offer from a European club, thought to be in the realms of Dan Carter's $1 million-plus deal with Perpignan.

"It is a big weight off my shoulder now that the decision has been made," Muliaina said.

"I can now just concentrate on continuing to make the most of my New Zealand rugby career"

Muliaina is the most capped All Blacks fullback of all time and the seventh most capped All Black, having played 68 tests so far, and is in his third season with the Chiefs after transferring to Waikato from Auckland at the end of 2006.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/sport/2388358/Mils-to-stay-despite-offer
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 10:27:55 am »

OK I reckon this will be Chiefs by 7 or less.

Grandson won tickets so hes sooo excited - rang us lastnight, he wanted to be there first thing this morning.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 05:14:23 pm »

So....you're getting ready to eat your words later tonight?   
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 05:57:17 pm »

Eat my words??

There will be no need for me to prepare - its not gonna happen!

Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged

Crusader
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 06:41:14 pm »

I'm picking Hurricanes tonight.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 07:49:38 pm »

By how many ---
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 07:57:40 pm »

Chiefs  6  Hurricanes 8

16:51 This time the Canes are on the attack and 35m out they are awarded a penalty. They opt for the scrum.

14:06 The Chiefs 40m out and at the ruck, Tialata comes along and kicks the ball when it was on the ground and the Chiefs get a penalty. Donald takes a shot a goal and nails it. 8-6.

10:49 The Hurricanes on the charge 30m out, as Nonu gets a nice ball and he steps a few and passes it to David Smith and he dives for the try in the corner. The conversion is missed and it is 8-3.

09:13 The Chiefs are on the attack and then Morland gets tackled and the Hurricanes turn it over.

06:00 Now the Hurricanes are on the attack and they also get a penalty and point to the posts. Ripia slots the shot a goal and it is 3-3.

03:43 The Chiefs on the charge early with Muliaina making a brilliant burst up the field. But they get a penalty and Donald goes for the kick at goal. He makes no mistake and slots the kick. 3-0.

00:01 The Chiefs kick off the 1st half.

00:00 Welcome to WAIKATO STADIUM for the Chiefs vs the Hurricanes.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 08:22:02 pm »

40:00 They cannot make it count, as they spread the ball wide and So'oialo knocks on. Thats the end of the first half and its the Chiefs are leading the Hurricanes by 9-8.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 08:35:24 pm »

42:00 Donald nails the kick. 16-8.

41:42 The Chiefs making a good break, as Kahui makes a good run and they spread it wide!!! A few more phases and Donald gets a good pass, spots a gap and gets a TRY!!! What a start from the Chiefs.

40:01 The Hurricanes kick off the second half.

Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 08:49:22 pm »

56:42 Both teams looking good defensively and they kick it several times to each other trying to find touch. But Ripia finds touch halfway.

50:21 But the ref has called that Masaga was offside and the Canes get a penalty and they opt for the kick at goal. The kick has missed.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 09:17:28 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Crusader
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 06:28:21 pm »

Apart from a few shades of brilliance from Stephen Donald, I thought both teams like quite average and tired. As this was most likely an All Black trial match, I hope that has no effect on the All Blacks later on in the year.
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 10:57:10 pm »

Rugby: Historic final for Chiefs as Hurricanes fall short

ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The Chiefs broke new ground as they deservedly advanced to rugby's Super 14 final, beating the Hurricanes 14-10 in Hamilton.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10574047
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: