Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 06:36:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Chiefs Vs Hurricanes

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chiefs Vs Hurricanes  (Read 1227 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: May 06, 2009, 03:57:36 pm »

Mils to stay despite offer

Mils Muliaina will lead the Chiefs into Saturday night's Super 14 top-of-the-table Hurricanes clash relieved his immediate rugby future has been decided.

Confirmation the Chiefs skipper and All Blacks fullback had re-signed with both the New Zealand Rugby Union and Waikato Rugby Union through until 2011 was made today by the NZRU.

NZRU chief executive Steve Tew said Muliaina had chosen to commit himself further to New Zealand rugby through until the next World Cup to be held in New Zealand "despite very attractive offers to play overseas".

It is understood the 28-year-old test veteran turned down a massive money offer from a European club, thought to be in the realms of Dan Carter's $1 million-plus deal with Perpignan.

"It is a big weight off my shoulder now that the decision has been made," Muliaina said.

"I can now just concentrate on continuing to make the most of my New Zealand rugby career"

Muliaina is the most capped All Blacks fullback of all time and the seventh most capped All Black, having played 68 tests so far, and is in his third season with the Chiefs after transferring to Waikato from Auckland at the end of 2006.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/sport/2388358/Mils-to-stay-despite-offer
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: