Xtra News Community 2
April 21, 2024, 12:37:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Go the 'Canes

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Go the 'Canes  (Read 3732 times)
Crusader
« on: May 05, 2009, 03:18:34 pm »

I hate to admit it but the 'Canes look like they have the goods this year. The match this weekend against the Chiefs is going to be an outstanding match but I don't think the Chiefs have enough firepower to finish of the 'Canes.
I am secretly hoping that the game is going to be very taxing on both sides, sidelining a number of players on both sides. That should make them easier for the Crusaders to do away with.  Grin
Overall, however the team to really be wary of I think is the Bulls. They should put away the Cheetahs this weekend and next weekend I am picking them to sneak home against the Sharks. I don't think the Sharks will win against the Warratahs this weekend either dropping them out of the top four altogether.
Now we come to the Warratahs. As I said, I think they may just edge out the Sharks and they should comfortably beat the Lions to lift them into the top four. The Crusaders have the Reds and the Blues left. Both teams are heavily laden with injuries to key players and should be there for the Crusaders to tear apart especially with Captain McCaw back in the saddle. That will elevate them also into the top four equal with the Warratahs, however I am picking the Crusaders to give the Reds an aboulute pasting which will snub out the Warratahs on point differential.

So here are my top four placings:

1 Hurricanes
2 Bulls
3 Chiefs
4 Crusaders

Semi's Hurricances vs Crusaders and Bulls vs Chiefs.

Fingers crossed the 'Canes will have Ma'a Nonu, Conrad Smith and Scott Waldrum injured and the win to the Crusaders
I pick the Bulls to win that semi against the Chiefs, which would set up the final between the Bulls and the Crusaders at Pretoria.
Here is where it gets really hard to type. The outcome of that match will be a trouncing to the Bulls over the Crusaders.  Cry

There is my two cents worth. The Bulls to win the Super 14.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: