Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 10:59:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Some “nice” photographs (and a map) to “kick things off” at this group.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some “nice” photographs (and a map) to “kick things off” at this group.  (Read 981 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
« on: January 21, 2009, 01:26:18 pm »

Castlepoint on the wild Wairarapa coast — taken late afternoon on Boxing Day 2008

(hold your cursor over each photograph to reveal a hidden caption)

Castlepoint Lighthouse with Castle Point and Castle Rock in the background as viewed at 4:29pm on Boxing Day, Friday 26th December 2008.

Castle Rock at Castlepoint on the Wairarapa coast as viewed at 4:35pm on Boxing Day, Friday 26th December 2008.

The wild Wairarapa coastline at Castlepoint 63km by road from Masterton as viewed at 4:35pm on Boxing Day, Friday 26th December 2008.

Castlepoint and Castlepoint Lighthouse looking north along the Wairarapa coastline at 4:40pm on Boxing Day, Friday 26th December 2008.

A section of 1:50,000 topomap showing Castlepoint and Castle Point on the Wairarapa coastline east of Masterton.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 04:32:39 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 04:36:37 pm »

Lol i think i screwed that up

ok how did you put your picks in here TJ Huh??
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 10:40:44 pm »

I created an account at PhotoBucket, uploaded the photographs to there, then inserted the photographs (using the PhotoBucket URLs) into messages in this group.

Actually, I created three separate accounts at PhotoBucket using three separate email addresses and associated a different username with each email addy. Each account gives me a whopping 1GB of free storage on PhotoBucket's servers and a monthly bandwidth allowance of 250GB. So if I spread the load across the three accounts, I've actually got a massive 3GB of free storage and 750GB of free monthly bandwidth allowance. Neat, aye?  Grin

I'll be posting some detailed instructions over the next week or so on how to use external storage facilities to post photographs as part of messages at this group. It's in the massive list of "things to do" and there are only so many hours in every day (and I'm at a part of my work roster at the moment where I'm working 10˝-hour shifts so time online is limited). But if you don't manage to suss it out yourself, be patient and detailed instructions will be posted eventually.

Or....you could click on the following link and adapt the instructions on the messageboard thread where it takes you to posting photographs at this Xtra News Community 2 group hosted by SMF For Free.

http://forum.planetalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=433
Report Spam   Logged
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 02:12:11 am »

So is there a way to resize the pix in here if they arrive too big? I cant be stuffed deleting them from Photobucket and uploading smaller versions. Then reloading them back into here....thats just too pissy offey for this time of the morning......There must be some html tricks we can try??
 Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 02:41:21 pm »

When posting at MSN Groups, you could use HTML code to manipulate image display sizes. Note....you couldn't manipulate file size, but you could play with the size an image would display in a thread by adding height-xxxx and/or width=xxxx code before and/or after the URL and the image would display at the specified size (in pixels), although you did occasionally end up with a few distortions manipulating things that way.

However, I haven't yet worked out how to use HTML code commands with these SMF groups. I don't think you can, however one should never say never, it's just that I haven't discovered a way to do it yet.

So basically, you can't change an image display size. You can however delete the image from Photobucket, resize the image, then give it the exact same file name and upload it into the same album at Photobucket. It will then have exactly the same URL as the larger version of the image that was previously in there, meaning that you won't have to repost the image in this group....it will simply display at the new size. It's one of the little tricks I've worked out you can do with Photobucket accounts.
Report Spam   Logged
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 02:50:06 pm »

kewl...That top pic of the lighthouse at Castlepoint is the same view Ive got of a painting in my lounge. Its about 6 foot by 4 foot high, painted by someone called E Naylor. its not too bad either.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 04:09:11 am by bumphead benny » Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: