Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 01:28:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Boy racer ambushers sought for attack on cop

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boy racer ambushers sought for attack on cop  (Read 1158 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: February 01, 2009, 07:07:44 am »

Police in Christchurch are trying to identify members of a large gang who ambushed a lone police sergeant.

He was responding to calls about boy racers when he was confronted by about 300 youths in Wigram on Friday night.

Police say it was an organised ambush, in which beer bottles were thrown and an air rifle was fired, striking the car window beside his head.

Cries of 'kill him' and 'box him in' were heard.

The sergeant was forced to flee for safety.

Area Commander Malcolm Johnston says it's a serious escalation in behaviour and it will not be tolerated.

The home of Mayor Bob Parker was targetted last weekend.

Mr Parker says a group of boy racers gathered outside his apartment building in the central city on Saturday night, revving their engines and yelling abusively.

The mayor has taken a tough stance on boy racers, imposing "no stopping" restrictions and vehicle bans on various streets in a bid to move them out of the city.

Mr Parker says it was not the first time he and his wife have been the target of intimidation.
Dark city depicted

Earlier this month, a German TV documentary depicted Christchurch as a city that is overrun by boyracers after dark.

The city centre was described as a no-go area at night.

Police were reported to be struggling to tackle the problem.
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/stories/2009/02/01/12459d4c3581
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 07:46:21 am »

Solo or paired cops should not be sent into these situations alone.
Bring back Task forces and Let them stand of a few of these louts toes and break up these impromptu gangs before these apparently parentless hoodlums take over and seriously hurt people.
A bit of due force used in sorting them out and they will stop just as the bodgie squads sorted out the problem on Melbourn streets back in the 50's.
Mind you the Wallopers in those days had to be a min. 6 foot tall and trained to throw thier weight about. they soon sorted the bodgies out because carloads would arrive at a congregation stand on a few toes and if any reaction give them a hiding and take them home with a warning to both the lout and the parents that if they were found again they would be in deep shit.
If we want the police to be hard on these louts then give them the freedom to clean up the hoodlum element without censure.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 08:00:07 am »

Thats all a great theory Don.

I for one sure as hell wouldnt want to see the cops given the OK to bash offenders.

Thats taking steps backwards.

Its the old story of being found guilty by the cops before being convicted.  We can be absolutely sure there wont be one cop that steps out of line??

I remember back in the 70s watching the cops attack a group of people who were simply standing outside the Intercontinental in AK .. most of them were members of the public who had come to see what was happening.   Ive seen cops stop and search a bloke on the side of the road, they bashed him for their trouble and drove off.

They should never be given the power you suggest of 'due force'  - it might have worked back in your day - but now there are clear laws around assault.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 08:05:52 am »

Little cunts need a hiding alright
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 08:17:10 am »

Can you explain how that would help the issue?

Seems to me its just like the Israel/Gaza thing - it means another lot of hating individuals.

The answer is not to resort to violence.  It doesnt surprise me we have so much in the lines of abuse at every level.

The answer is to remove the vehicle - after conviction - permanently.  License revoked for 12 months.

Are you aware that the confiscation of the vehicle before conviction is illegal?  There is a test case going to courts at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged

Crusader
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 08:54:19 am »

Something surely needs to be done about these young thugs behaviour to police that are only trying to do their job. The problem though is if the police run away then these thugs are going to think that their behaviour is how to get rid of the police and years later their criminal attitude will just esculate. On the other hand, 30-40 police turning up in full riot gear and teaching these young punks a lesson not to mess with them will probably generate screams of excessive force from the rest of the public.

Maybe it should start at home with the parents. When I was a teenager I got caught shoplifting. It was a stupid thing to do. I only did it to impress some girl. After getting dropped off by the cops at my house, I received the biggest hiding ever from my father. Which must have worked because I now consider myself a law abiding citizen.
Report Spam   Logged
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 09:19:50 am »

Ive just noticed theres more than a few members here who are ex security, army, or maybe cops and other groups, how strange.

Report Spam   Logged

DidiMau69
Shit-Hot Member

On patrol Bien Hoa Province 1969

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 09:56:24 am »

I've just noticed that there are a few members here who are NOT ex security, army or maybe cops and other groups, how strange

Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Walk softly and carry a big stick. - Theodore Roosevelt.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 10:01:20 am »

A couple of weeks before Xmas, there was a huge confrontation between boy-racers and the police in Masterton.

McDonalds went to 24/7 opening hours and the first weekend of their new hours, a large number of boy-racers and their vehicles and hangers-on congregated in the McDonalds carpark. It has always been a meeting place for boy-racers, but on this particular night, they completely took over the car-park and started harassing other people. There was also a lot of drinking of alcohol going on and McDonalds & the associated carpark come within the central business district alcohol-free area. A couple of police patrols headed into the carpark to sort things out, but they were abused, threatened, had bottles thrown at them, and one of them was assaulted. So the police withdrew completely, called out every off-duty police officer in Masterton (and from Carterton), kitted up in full riot-gear, including the helmets, shields, battons....the lot. Then, they went back to McDonalds car-park accompanied by vehicle inspectors, blocked off all entrances and exits; then arrested 30 people and impounded 14 cars!! The police then spent the next couple of weeks going all out busting boy-racers for every little thing they did wrong around Masterton and impounded heaps more cars. The boy racer problem, while still around, has lessened considerably since the cops started playing real hard-ball after the boy-racers decided to up-the-ante that night!
Report Spam   Logged
DidiMau69
Shit-Hot Member

On patrol Bien Hoa Province 1969

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 10:09:01 am »

Certainly agree with what KTJ has just posted and I can see something similar happening in ChCh real soon.

These little buggers have certainly gone over the top.There are lots of things that can be done within the law to really hammer them.

Report Spam   Logged

Walk softly and carry a big stick. - Theodore Roosevelt.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 10:59:40 am »

I've just noticed that there are a few members here who are NOT ex security, army or maybe cops and other groups, how strange

Shocked

LOL How true  Grin

Yeh TJ  Thats precisely how it needs to happen.
Report Spam   Logged

Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 11:22:47 am »

Police should have recourse use to every assistance and weapon when under attack by a ratio of 2:1.
Offence one punishment for boy racers take their cars.
Offence two put them in prison for two years.
Offence three in prison for 40 years.

and Hey presto -no boyracers.
Do the same with rapers, child molesters and those who bash old people and we'd have none of those crimes withing 3 years.

Or there is the other way of course. Give them dispensation and a grant of thousands wehn the police chase them. - -----

Report Spam   Logged
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 12:15:35 pm »

Yups 
Report Spam   Logged

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 04:18:28 pm »

KTJ's #8 That's the ticket..........MORE..........MORE...........MORE.
That's the modern way of standing on thier toes...... Take their bloody wheels.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 06:14:20 am »

Police Minister Judith Collins is seriously considering crushing boy-racers' cars - and inviting the drivers to watch as it is done.

Ms Collins will talk to Police Commissioner Howard Broad today about a wish list for cracking down on boy racers which was sent to her by Canterbury police.

The meeting follows a series of incidents in the city, including a run-in in which an officer's car was ambushed, bottled and shot at on Friday night.

"I am absolutely seriously looking at the crushing of cars which have been confiscated, in situations where there is repeat boy racing - in other words, illegal street-racing behaviour."

Ms Collins said she had sent the police wish list to Prime Minister John Key and Mr Broad, and would discuss it with her colleagues this week to decide which suggestions to adopt.

She said she had spoken to Sergeant Nigel Armstrong - the Christchurch officer whose car was attacked on Friday night.

"I am in absolutely no doubt at all, that if not for his good driving and a piece of good luck he could now be intensive care in hospital or he could be dead," the minister said.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10554666&ref=rss
Report Spam   Logged

guest49
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 06:28:52 am »

The car should be videoed doing the offences and clearly identified.  Video either overt or covert
It should then be fed into the crusher while the driver watches - no waiting.  No arguement that its "mums car" or some other owner
Any charges for the removal of fluids etc, met by driver, or if unable to be identified, the owner.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 07:22:50 am »

LATEST: Prime Minister John Key says law changes to crack down on boyracers would be implemented quickly, possibly within six months.

"It will be treated as a matter of priority," he told Breakfast on TV One.

Christchurch police Sergeant Nigel Armstrong was shot at by an air rifle and surrounded by boyracers on Friday night.

Mr Armstrong said the drivers were listening to police scanners and were waiting for him.

They blocked his retreat before throwing bottles, then fired an air rifle.

Mr Key, Police Minister Judith Collins and Transport Minister Steven Joyce talked with officials last night about how quickly changes could be made.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4835509a19715.html

WOW thats quick action!!!
Report Spam   Logged

bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 09:05:54 am »

Yak wrote what I was thinking......they could make a reality show out of it, and zoom in on their faces while they watch their cars getting crunched, zoom in on every wincing, tearful, agonising moment. The rest of us sane barstards would piss ourselves laughing and yelling out "Good fucking job ya numnuts"!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 10:50:36 am »

LATEST: Prime Minister John Key says law changes to crack down on boyracers would be implemented quickly, possibly within six months.

"It will be treated as a matter of priority," he told Breakfast on TV One.

Hmmmm.....while not disagreeing with the possible need for the government to do something about boy-racers upping-the-ante, I seem to recall some Nats MPs labelling as FASCIST the measures introduced by the previous Labour government that allowed the police to impound boy-racers' cars. I wonder if those same Nats who called impounding cars FASCIST now think it's okay to confiscate and crush cars?

Like I said, I don't necessarily disagree with the proposed law changes (although I'm not entirely convinced they are necessary either), but it's interesting how there seems to be a lot of sudden flip-flopping going on over this issue. Easy to throw shit while in Opposition, aye? Then reality sets in when in Government and all of a sudden, politicians change their tune and sing from the same songbook as the previous mob when they previously rubbished that songbook!!
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 12:20:31 pm »

As usual .. nothing will happen.

This is just too hard for any govt.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 02:23:50 pm »

Teen takes blame for wolf mask incident

A 19-year-old youth has taken all the blame for a bizarre confrontation at Charteris Bay near Christchurch, involving weapons and ugly boyracer antics.

The November 14 incident involved upset locals confronting the group of teenagers, one of whom was wearing a wolf mask.

Daniel Avery, 19, today pleaded guilty at a status hearing to a series of charges.

He is in prison and his sentencing on the new convictions will take place on February 16, which is 11 days before his scheduled release.

He pleaded guilty to charges of possession of an offensive weapon, drink-driving, dangerous driving, threatening damage with intent to intimidate, and intentionally damaging a car.

He also admitted breach of prison release conditions, and another intentional damage charge from a fortnight ago.

Three other youths charged over the incident – Harley George Linton, Marvelle Francis Jackson, and Tony Tonihi, all aged 17 – today pleaded not guilty and are set for a two-day defended hearing before a judge alone beginning on March 19.

The police officer in charge of the case may call up to 18 witnesses, Christchurch District Court Judge Philip Moran was told today.

Linton and Jackson are on bail, but Tonihi remains in custody. He has been in custody since his arrest in mid-November.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Tu Maka said Avery was driving a car with a group of associates in Charteris Bay Road about 4pm on November 14. He was accelerating hard to fishtail the car in circles out of the control on the grass verge beside the golf course.

"Numerous people were present, including children who were narrowly missed by the vehicle," said Sergeant Maka.

Members of the public were forced to defend themselves with golf clubs and there was a verbal exchange. Avery drove at speed towards one person who was taking pictures with a cellphone camera.

He said the group then got out of the car armed with a hammer, bat, and wheelbrace and threatened to kill the people facing them, or said they would return and get them.

He said the confrontation ended with the group leaving but they stopped outside the main gate to Orton Bradley Park and smashed all the windows in a parked car.

They then drove off, heading west, but fishtailed the car along the Teddington Road, crashing it into a wire fence and flipping it into a paddock.

The youths left on foot but were found by the police. Avery had a level of 810mcg of alcohol to a litre of breath.

The Orton Bradley Park area is a popular picnic spot not far from Christchurch on Banks Peninsula.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4835743a12855.html?source=RSStopstories_20090202
Report Spam   Logged

bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 08:41:45 pm »

They could crush the cars and sell the steel blocks for the rescue helicopters or some kinda charity organisation? Plus make the punks go out with the ambulance drivers and pick up all the body parts off the road whenever theres a car crash. That should wise a few of em up.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 07:18:42 am »

El Quaeda has never threatened NZ - but legislation went through in 6 hours to protect NZ after 911 - but hells bells .. we have to wait months for the govt to pass a law about these idiots - I wonder how many will die as a result of boy racers in the next 6 months.  ONE IS TOO MANY!!
Report Spam   Logged

Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 10:29:56 am »

The broken bottles thrown out of their car windows absolutely litter the streets an Sunday and Monday mornings. 
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 10:38:27 am »

Lovelee the only difference with AQ was that the orders to legislate came from the US of A but you wont find any pollies who will admit to it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: