Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 10:25:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

North Korea threatens nuke test if UN doesn't apologise

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North Korea threatens nuke test if UN doesn't apologise  (Read 1001 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: June 20, 2009, 09:31:08 am »

The United States has deployed anti-missile defences around Hawaii amid reports that North Korea may fire its most advanced ballistic missile towards the US islands next month, adding to already high tensions in the region.A report in a Japanese newspaper said Pyongyang might test-fire its Taepodong-2 towards Hawaii around the US holiday of Independence Day.

North Korea test-fired a similar long-range missile on July 4 three years ago, but it failed seconds after liftoff.

US Defence Secretary Robert Gates said the extra defences around Hawaii consisted of a ground-based mobile missile system and a radar system nearby. Together they could shoot an incoming missile in midair.

"Without telegraphing what we will do, I would just say ... we are in a good position should it become necessary, to protect Americans and American territory," Gates said in Washington yesterday.

A new missile launch - though not expected to reach US territory - would be a brazen slap in the face of the international community, which punished North Korea with new United Nations sanctions for conducting a second nuclear test on May 25 in defiance of a UN ban.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10579637&ref=rss

I was day dreaming the other day - thinking about all the bombings that have gone off throughout the world since 9/11.  Sometimes we read about bomb making equipment found in Britain - and the world heaves a sigh of relief.  All over the world baddies are making preparations - except in the USA  Shocked  We do not hear of anything even resembling an attempt to bomb something there - always - always the baddies are caught before they do any harm.  Im getting too cynical now and find I hardly believe those news items.

Makes me even more convinced that 9/11 was a deliberate move by the US to enable them to become involved in the 'terrorist war' - just like Pearl Harbour.  Why havent they been hit again -- and again -- I do not believe its their Homeland Security.  Other countries have just as good if not better Homeland Security and still suffer terrorism bombings.

Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: