Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 12:34:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

How can I

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I  (Read 288 times)
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« on: April 17, 2009, 05:33:33 am »

stop my momma cat, (remember she was a wild cat who is now a very happy house cat), from continually sticking her claws into me when she is on my lap?

She can be purring and smooching but she is always sheathing and unsheathing her claws, and they are very sharp! My arms, legs, hands and body are covered in little pin pricks.

Mind you, the kitten, Bugsy, is terrible, he likes to sit on my shoulder while I am on the computer, the problem is he launches himself from the floor onto my back to get there.  Ohhh the pain!!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 06:23:34 am »

All I can suggest is to perhaps put a small folded rug on your lap first.   Kneading is a nurturing thing and is what kittens do to stimulate milk flow in their mother and can only assume that some cats continue to do this as a security, love, bonding behavioiur.   I have a very large heavy tomcat with claws to kill who just loves to make bread on us.    He will be sitting on hubbies knee and I hear him cursing and wishing the cat to hell because he got a row of puncture marks. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 06:51:43 am »

Thanks Magoo I shall try that...........if she gives me enough notice that she is going to jump on me, lol. She usually looks at me first and makes a funny little noise then when I say "come on then", she jumps up.

Nice to know she feels secure enough to do this now anyway. She was probably starved of love and affection for years, so I am making sure she gets heaps now, not hard to do cos she is a lovely girl.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 07:51:06 am »

We havent had a cat around for years - the grandaughter has one at the moment - just a wee ginger kitty.

Shes away all day - so the cat comes here - I had forgotten how much noise they make when purring  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
dragontamer
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 09:00:34 am »

Mo does that to me.  I gently hold his paws in my hands and say "No", then put them down again.  I do that three times, then I put him on the sofa seat beside me.  He does stop.  Sometimes he stops straight away, sometimes it takes him the whole rigmarole to get it.  

Jaz does it too, while sucking on my clothes.  She doesn't curl her claws though so it is just a pressure, not a pinning.  The issue is the big, cold wet patch of drool she leaves lol.

A mother cat would have smacked both actions out of her kittens, but I can't do it to them.  

I had a cat who would do that to my brother in bed.  Just a little prick in the back and he would shuffle over for her.  Then another one and he would shuffle again.  She would keep it up until he fell out of bed and she would spread herself all over the place smirking at his fate.  He'd be yelling "DT - COME AND GET YOUR BITCH OF A CAT" and all tantrummy, but she kept doing it so I guess he didn't win.    
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 11:07:28 am »

I never managed to get Minnie to desist in "hanging on". She wouldn't knead much but would just stick her claws out just enough to prick through whatever I was wearing. I did try and train her not to but never succeeded even though I taught her several other commands.

Sally never claws. Sally very seldom even scratches. Sally doesn't even use her claws when kneading. Blowed if I know why Huh
Sally's claws only come out when she is being carried and doesn't want to be.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: