Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:03:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

When is Windows 7 coming out?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When is Windows 7 coming out?  (Read 2429 times)
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 11:45:20 am »

I've been running on the laptop - it's very nice and ooohhhh so fast!!

Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Crusader
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2009, 10:57:41 am »

I'm running it on one of my laptops too (aquired a legal RTM copy last week  Wink ). As a very staunch XP user I have to say, I am really impressed with Windows 7. The only problem is the amount of memory it uses. I have 4 GB of RAM in my laptop that is using it but windows 7 uses about a gig of that.
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2009, 06:01:37 pm »

I'm running it on one of my laptops too (aquired a legal RTM copy last week  Wink ). As a very staunch XP user I have to say, I am really impressed with Windows 7. The only problem is the amount of memory it uses. I have 4 GB of RAM in my laptop that is using it but windows 7 uses about a gig of that.

Aaaaa....  but only because it's there and it's not being used...

Try cranking up something RAM hungry - watch what happens.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 08:11:41 am »

We got some paperwork with our new lappys to download it on 22nd Oct ..

I suppose, Daz, when we go to the site - theres nothing we need to do but download it and do as the site says??

We have VISTA on these, its ok I guess, though some have asked us if it slows the comps down.  Thats hard to say cos the old ones were reall slow with a few lil hiccups - and these ones being new and clean are faster for sure.

Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 11:57:43 am »

Todays the big day ..

LOL -- information overload .. can this be done easily?
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 04:33:50 pm »

I certainly won't be using it till I get another new pc, now that vista and IE8  are chugging along ok in tandem
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 08:49:38 pm »

For anyone who REALLY wants to have the “latest kid on the block” (as far as Windows operating systems go), Dick Smith Electronics have currently got a discounted package deal going which includes both an upgrade to Windows 7 (from either XP or Vista) plus Nortons Internet Security 2010.

Personally, I've got Vista running really sweet on both of my computers, so I won't even think about it until at least after Windows 7 SP1, or maybe even SP2. That is unless I wreck one of my computers and purchase another new one in the meantime.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Magoo
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 02:22:12 pm »

Anyone got Windows 7 yet?  If so what do you think of it?        I bought a new laptop yesterday since the g/daughter had taken a shine to the Satellite A10.   It is a   Toshiba satellite L500 and has Windows 7.   Haven't finished exploring yet but has a lot of similarities to Vista.    I think most of the changes are what is happening in the background.

Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 04:52:42 am »

You should notice a massive improvement in speed when compared to another machine of the same spec running Vista or XP.

W7 runs well - haven't found any issues with it yet (I've being running it for a few months now) - it's MUCH faster than either XP or Vista, stable, nice UI...  and over all just... well.... Good!

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 07:42:44 am »

So far I am delighted with it. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: