Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 01:06:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

When is Windows 7 coming out?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When is Windows 7 coming out?  (Read 2503 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
« on: May 07, 2009, 11:45:51 am »

I think a lot of people have short memories. When XP was first released, it was far from a bed of roses. I had a workmate and a friend who both purchased new computors just after XP was released and as they were both a wee bit tending towards computer illiteracy, they asked me to setup their new computors. I ran into all sorts of problems with the then new XP operating system and I know of heaps more people who had problems with it initially. I managed to get both of the computers I setup running sweet, then about three months later, purchased a new PC myself with XP on it and used the knowlege gained from setting up the earlier systems to avoid the pitfalls. There were a lot of complaints about XP until MS released SP1. In many ways, Vista was no different apart from being a much more complex operating system that put high demands on computer hardware. I purchased a laptop with Vista installed not long after the system was released and set it up very carefully, disabling everything I decided I was unlikely to use and I have had minimal problems with it. And I imagine Windows 7 will also have a number of pitfalls until SP1 is released sometime into the future.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: