Xtra News Community 2
April 18, 2024, 03:30:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Xtra Email

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtra Email  (Read 494 times)
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: January 30, 2009, 08:21:56 am »

Anyone else user Xtra as an ISP had the feeling over the past few days (since Xtra's downtime) that they aren't receiving all of their email?
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:30:26 am »

did u get one from me this morning ?
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 08:33:48 am »

Yep - the Koala and the Lizard...

Did you get one this morning from GNS re the latest Earthquake?
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 08:38:52 am »

yep .. but im not xtra  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 08:39:51 am »

I haven't been getting the Police Alerts either....

Time to give them a call.... ggrrrr....
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 08:42:03 am »

Nope - got it.

They were all set as spam in their web based inbox!!!!!!!!!

Time to fire some abuse!!!!

Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 08:45:31 am »

Angry With Chainsaw
Report Spam   Logged

Newtown-Fella
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 08:47:16 am »

Ive noticed a few in the Spam Folder that shouldnt be there.....  

did get a Police Alert yesterday  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 08:53:18 am »

I have two from yesterday but I'm unsure when I got them now... they may have just come through.

Report Spam   Logged

Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 10:24:52 am »

I'm with Xtra but don't seem to have had any trouble. I always check their web based mail first and clear out any junk before downloading mail so I guess I dont miss anything - always check the spam folder and so far have not had a lot go in there that shouldn't.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Nitpicker1
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 11:20:19 am »

I always check the server first  After xtra's fizzup that I was unaffected by I had a heap of spam into it's inbox so killed them there so they don't come in to my OE, but there were several two days old delayed messages recently.

I always check the server spambox before I delete them manually

I have nothing against xtra. PDG IMNSHO  

Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 01:59:32 pm »

World-class broadband this year: Telecom

Telecom says it is installing the most advanced standard of super-fast internet broadband, which will offer world class services.

Known as VDSL2 (Very High-Speed Digital Subscriber Line 2), it offered a huge step-up in broadband speed, said Telecom chief executive Paul Reynolds.

It was the next key phase of Telecom's multi-billion dollar capital expenditure programme.

The new VDSL2 capability will be offered from fibre-fed roadside cabinets and local telephone exchanges within Telecom's local access network.

VDSL2 was expected to offer customers who live one kilometre or less from an exchange or roadside cabinet download speeds of up to 50Mbps and upload speeds of up to 20Mbps.

Already 57 percent of New Zealand lines can take advantage of Telecom's next generation access network and this grows to 84 percent on completion of the fibre-to-the-node roll out in 2011.

VDSL2 broadband plans will most benefit those who regularly download large files or use their broadband service for multiple voice, video and other applications.

VDSL2 had been tested for several months, said Telecom wholesale chief executive, Matt Crockett.

"We're excited to be getting the VDSL2 roll out under way in key metropolitan centres across New Zealand.

"With the fibre-to-the-node programme hotting up and shortening copper loop lengths across the country it's the perfect time to deploy VDSL2.

From March, VDSL2 line cards will be progressively installed into all roadside cabinets and local telephone exchanges in towns and cities with more than 500 lines.

In the second quarter of 2009, Telecom will offer service providers a new, dedicated VDSL2 broadband product initially available in key Auckland exchange areas, with roll out to all major cities and towns in the third quarter of the year.

Service providers can then offer VDSL2 broadband plans to their retail customers based on their needs, and their proximity to the nearest telephone exchange or roadside cabinet.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4833819a13.html?source=RSStopstories_20090130
Report Spam   Logged

Calliope

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 09:39:35 pm »

as they say on the Tui's billboards - Yeh Right
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 09:40:35 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Brownie55
Global Moderator

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 10:50:39 pm »

I've got xtra at work and it has been CRAP all week.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 06:13:29 am »

Cautious welcome for Telecom fast broadband plan

Updated at 6:17am on 31 January 2009

A telecommunications group is cautiously applauding a plan by Telecom to roll out super-fast broadband technology.

Telecom is installing Very High-Speed Digital Subscriber Line 2, the most advanced standard of broadband.

The Telecommunications Users Association says it does have some issues, including that only those people living close to an exchange or street cabinet will benefit.

Spokesperson Ernie Newman says another concern is that the National-led Government still has not produced a long-term plan, which was an election promise.

He says a National plan on how the communication networks should work over the next 20 years should be published.

Mr Newman says it should cover legislative framework and how to manage competition.
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/stories/2009/01/30/1245991325fe
Report Spam   Logged

Nitpicker1
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 06:29:22 am »

Yep - the Koala and the Lizard...

Did you get one this morning from GNS re the latest Earthquake?

I am getting southern police alerts, but today I have had a geonet in the server spambox,  Reference number:        3038001/G
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: