Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 01:27:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Cat Dying

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cat Dying  (Read 552 times)
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« on: April 14, 2009, 10:37:49 am »

I have a question.
A friend has a very old cat which is now sick and will probably need 'putting down' very soon.
Her question is Does the vet take care of disposal of the body and does anyone know what they do with it?   
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 10:57:03 am »

The vet will dispose of the body Brownie.  It used to be $25 disposal fee ontop of the vet bill.    As far as I know the animals are bagged and taken by the council.   I do not know where but can only assume.     Perhaps your local vet could be more specific.       A sad time for your friend. 
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 12:42:09 pm »

you can always collect the bag bury it in the back yard and pland a fruit or nut tree on it....
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Magoo
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 02:13:59 pm »

I was talking to my daughter and she seemed to think the bags are picked up by the council but they do not go into landfill sites they go to a particular spot for this type of disposal.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 05:21:19 pm »

I have a question.
A friend has a very old cat which is now sick and will probably need 'putting down' very soon.
Her question is Does the vet take care of disposal of the body and does anyone know what they do with it?   

I have had recent experiences with PTS beloved cats. My boy Sam was cremated and returned to me in a lovely wee Rimu Casket with a plaque with his name on it. My parents had the same for Jasmine their much loved cat too. That gives a litle more freedom of choice. Some people bury the wee casket, others - like me - keep the wee box.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 05:52:54 pm »

That is what my daughter plans for her Poppy Alicat.   
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 06:25:34 pm »

My vet asked us about it but we had already decided to bury Smudge at home near Minnie. We now have six pets, other than goldfish buried in the gardens.

The best bet would be for your friend to ring the vet and ask. The vet's nurse will know all the options availible.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 07:11:03 pm »

That is what my daughter plans for her Poppy Alicat.   

Sam is in the china cabinet where I can go and look at him if I need to. If I have a really really bad shift, it is Sam I need - even 2 years since he died.

Taj and Heidi (my first 2 Siamese Furbabies) died in the 1990's. I still have them here in their Rimu Caskets. I never could bring myself to take them to Hastings to bury in my parents garden.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 08:06:08 pm »

A true pet lover.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 08:13:16 pm »

A true pet lover.

Our pets are truly honest and uncomplicated. The love they give us is unconditional. We live in a sick world that is getting sicker. In spite of this - our pets remain the same.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 06:42:28 am »

Isn't that the truth.     
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 08:15:35 am »

I just hope we aren't going to shift house anytime soon. I am missing Minnie badly. Sally has been cuddlier than she has ever been but she just isn't a cuddly cat or much of a lap cat for that matter. Cry
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Magoo
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 08:19:02 am »

I expect you always will Sweetpea.  They own a piece of our hearts.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 08:30:42 am »

Have you got a marker for their graves sweet?  Not something sad and depressing, but something that will lift your spirits and make you smile.  We have a rock painted by the kids for Maggie's site (our 'tiel), and am going to do the same for Gypsy's (my special rat), though she is under the weeping cherrry tree, so isn't so much in need of a marker as it is a lovely spot in it's own right.

Pixie and Mystic (the other rats) are 'over there somewhere' (waves hand in vague direction of cherry tree) - in a nice spot, but not prime real estate like Gypsy.  They are more to the back and near the fence.
Report Spam   Logged
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 05:10:10 pm »

How sad, I hate to read of pets dying even though I realise they can't live forever as much as we would want them to. I can't add any more to the answers already provided, so I'll just sit and have a wee snivel here.  Cry
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 05:21:13 pm »

I marked Minnie and Smudge's graves with a cat sized rock each and cyclamin, freesias, mondo grass and baby tears. Ginger has got a rose call Iced Ginger. The rabbits have spring bulbs and more mondo grass and Cheeky the cocateil got a kowhai that didn't survive so has a rather large succulant.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: