Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 11:36:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

The “principled” senator versus the “presidential” president…

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The “principled” senator versus the “presidential” president…  (Read 325 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: February 09, 2020, 09:21:51 am »

First up, the “principled” senator…

from The Seattle Times…

A voice in the wilderness

Mitt Romney stands alone on faith and principle while Trump profanes a prayer breakfast.

By DAVID HORSEY | 3:53PM PST — Friday, February 07, 2020

UTAH SENATOR MITT ROMNEY, the Republican Party's nominee for president in 2012, reminded Americans this week that, once upon a time, there were people of principle in the GOP. Like the many Republican leaders in 1974 who urged President Richard Nixon to resign because of his crimes, Romney assessed the impeachment case against President Donald Trump and, following the facts and his conscience, declared the leader of his party guilty of abusing the powers of his office.

The big difference this time around was that, unlike those Republican senators during Watergate, Romney stands utterly alone in his party.

“I am aware that there are people in my party and in my state who will strenuously disapprove of my decision, and in some quarters, I will be vehemently denounced,” Romney said in a speech before he cast a vote to have Trump removed from office. “I am sure to hear abuse from the president and his supporters. Does anyone seriously believe I would consent to these consequences other than from an inescapable conviction that my oath before God demanded it of me?”

On Thursday, Trump made it clear he believes Romney was not acting from his deep faith or core convictions. In near-blasphemous remarks at the National Prayer Breakfast and later during a meandering one-hour speech at the White House, Trump said Romney was using God as an excuse to do a bad thing; that Romney's religion was nothing more than a crutch that he leans on because he had failed so miserably in his race for president.

The speaker preceding Trump at the prayer gathering urged the audience to live out the teachings of Jesus Christ and “take political contempt from your heart.” Nevertheless, when Trump got hold of the microphone, he seethed with political contempt — for Romney, for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and for all those who tried to bring him to account for the serious misbehavior that got him impeached. Later, at the White House celebration of his Senate acquittal, Trump continued his rant, calling his accusers “vicious”, “mean”, “corrupt”, “stone cold crazy” and “sleazebags”. He even characterized the top leaders of the FBI as “scum”.

Trump did not sound presidential. He didn't sound Christian. He sounded like a mafia don, especially with his barely veiled threats of retribution. And this is the leader to whom Congressional Republicans have sold their souls.

All of them, that is, except Mitt Romney, who stands alone with his faith, his principles and his soul intact.

• See more of David Horsey's cartoons at The Seattle Times HERE.

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/a-voice-in-the-wilderness
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 09:23:09 am »

Followed by the “presidential” fake president…

Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 09:43:48 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 10:27:55 am »

Notice how Trump sacked the military war hero?

It's because Trump cannot stand being in the presence of war heroes with heaps of medals for their bravery under fire when he, Trump, has a history of being a yellow-bellied, gutless-wonder, cowardly draft-dodger because those war heroes show him up too much for his lack of bravery.

In other words, America has a frightened rat as their “fake president”.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 10:31:29 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: