Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 10:19:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

You couldn't even make this shit up about Trump's team being so DUMB…

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You couldn't even make this shit up about Trump's team being so DUMB…  (Read 304 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: October 27, 2019, 06:06:21 pm »

from The Washington Post…

The butt-dial heard round the world

I can't make this up.

By ALEANDRA PETRI | 7:55PM EDT — Friday, October 25, 2019

Rudy, Rudy … no!!!!! — Photograph: Elsa/Getty Images.
Rudy, Rudy … no!!!!! — Photograph: Elsa/Getty Images.

A STORY from the Civil War that I am too attached to to fact-check is that the Union General John Pope used to say he kept his headquarters in the saddle. His critics quipped that the trouble with him was that he kept his headquarters where his hindquarters ought to be. He appears not to be the only one who has these two areas mixed up.

I regret to announce that Rudy Giulian's butt has inserted itself into the discourse. On not one but two occasions, the rogue attorney's posterior managed to telephone a journalist (NBC's Rich Schapiro) and leave a long, unintentional recording of him railing against the Bidens (the first) or telling an unidentified figure about the need to get thousands of dollars from Bahrain (the second).

I understand that those in Trump World are eager to put journalists out of business, but I think this is taking it a little far. Really? You're going to accidentally call and send a shady recording to a journalist who did not even have the courtesy to answer his phone? Here I thought you had to work and toil and keep longhand notebooks in order to really get dirt, and it turns out that all you really have to do is not pick up your phone when Rudy Giuliani calls. I could do that! I hate picking up my phone.

This is doing for the art of investigative journalism what those self-checkout machines do for the art of checking people out. Instead of having someone do this for us, competently, now people are just doing it for themselves, incompetently. What happened to the chase?

I guess I am a little insulted, just on behalf of journalism. For Pete's sake, Richard Nixon also recorded himself ill-advisedly, but he did not then mail the recordings to the people trying to investigate whether he was wrong-doing or not. At least Anthony Scaramucci knew he was on the phone with a journalist when he, er, Scaramuccied. Next Donald Trump will accidentally FaceTime into “Fox & Friends”, and we will hear a loud thump and then his voice distinctly saying, “To be very clear, this is a quid pro quo, no matter what anyone says to the contrary, and it's the bad kind.”

A theory I have also seen floating around on Twitter is that part of the president's lawyer is trying to set itself up as a leaker (better than other ways this might happen) so it can get sympathy from the public generally, perhaps preparatory to seceding. I, for one, would buy a book by this anonymous source. It is silent but deadly. How would you feel after being sat on by Rudy Giuliani for all these years?

These are the masterminds of the Trump administration. These are the Best People, about whom we have heard so much. This is their brilliant strategy from the seat of power. They are incapable of sitting on a story, although they are capable of sitting on other things.

Alexandra Petri is a columnist at The Washington Post offering a lighter take on the news and opinions of the day. She is the author of A Field Guide to Awkward Silences. She joined The Post as an intern in 2010, after graduating from Harvard College and is a fluent speaker of French.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/10/25/butt-dial-heard-round-world
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 02:34:06 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 11:12:11 am »

Imagine that!! Having a personal attorney who butt-dials the news media when he is talking about corrupt, dodgy stuff on behalf of his criminal client.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark!!! No wonder Trump is getting desperate as the walls close in on him.

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 11:13:45 am »

from The Washington Post…

Rudy Giuliani butt dialed a reporter and left an
accidental voice mail. It wasn’t the first time.

The NBC reporter reached out to Giuliani afterward, he said, but
had “yet to receive an intentional or an unintentional call back”.

By BRITTANY SHAMMAS | 12:22PM EDT — Saturday, October 26, 2019

Donald J. Trump's personal attorney, butt dialer Rudy Giuliani. — Photograph: Alex Wong/Getty Images.
Donald J. Trump's personal attorney, butt dialer Rudy Giuliani. — Photograph: Alex Wong/Getty Images.

NBC REPORTER Rich Schapiro woke up earlier this month to a three-minute voice mail from President Trump's personal attorney, Rudolph W. Giuliani. When the journalist pressed play, he quickly realized it was no ordinary message.

Giuliani was going on about fraud, someone named Charles, the kingdom of Bahrain and the need for “a few hundred thousand” dollars — addressing not Schapiro but a barely intelligible man in the background of the voice mail.

“The call appeared to be one of the most unfortunate of faux pas: what is known, in casual parlance, as a butt dial,” Schapiro wrote in an NBC News account of the October 16 voice message.

It wasn't even the first. Just a few weeks earlier, Schapiro wrote, Giuliani had left him a voice mail in which he could be heard making corruption claims about former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

The initial butt dial came in at 3:37 p.m. on September 28. A day earlier, Schapiro had spoken to Giuliani for a story that quoted several of the attorney's former Justice Department colleagues saying they thought he had broken the law in pressing for Ukraine to investigate the Bidens.

In the message, Giuliani repeated familiar, unfounded allegations against the Bidens, Schapiro wrote. He claimed that Joe Biden had been “trading in on his public office” and that his son had done the same. He said the former vice president had halted the investigation of a Ukrainian gas company because Hunter Biden was on its board.

Giuliani also said he was being attacked because of his public accusations against the Biden family.

“I expected it would happen,” he said, according to NBC. “The minute you touch on one of the protected people, they go crazy. They come after you.”

Eighteen days later, Schapiro got the second apparently accidental Giuliani voice mail. The call was made at 11:07 p.m. on October 16, hours after Schapiro and Giuliani spoke for an article about Giuliani's connection to an Iranian dissident group.

Schapiro was asleep when he missed Giuliani's call. Listening to it the next morning, the reporter struggled to follow what Giuliani was talking about.

“You know, Charles would have a hard time with a fraud case “cause he didn't do any due diligence,” he said at the start. Then, he said, “I gotta get you to get on Bahrain.”

Shortly after that, Giuliani asked if “Robert” was around. A man replied that he was in Turkey. Giuliani responded, “The problem is we need some money” and then added, “We need a few hundred thousand.”

The rest of the call was difficult to make out, Schapiro wrote. He said during an appearance on MSNBC that he had “no idea what he's talking about with regard to Charles and Bahrain.”

“The recording is muffled so it's difficult to discern exactly what they're talking about,” Schapiro said on MSNBC. “But it's certainly intriguing, and I can tell you I did not go to sleep that night expecting to wake up that morning with a three-minute voice mail from Rudolph W. Giuliani.”

He reached out to Giuliani afterward, he said, but had “yet to receive an intentional or an unintentional call back.”

Giuliani has not returned calls from The Washington Post, either, as of late — although Washington Post reporters, too, have received the occasional butt dial from him.

Brittany Shammas is a general assignment reporter for The Washington Post. She holds a BA from Michigan State University and previously worked for the Miami New Times and the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2019/10/26/rudy-giuliani-butt-dialed-reporter-left-an-accidental-voicemail-it-wasnt-first-time
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 11:51:52 pm »

lots of people butt dial its no big deal unless your grasping at straws
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 08:21:53 am »

Only stupid people talk about all the dodgy, corrupt illegal stuff their client is up to when they butt-dial a reporter.
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 02:21:24 pm »

your conspiracy theory  Grin hahaha
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: