Xtra News Community 2
December 09, 2019, 11:02:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Donald Trump is the village idiot who keeps on giving comedy to the world…

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donald Trump is the village idiot who keeps on giving comedy to the world…  (Read 283 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: December 14, 2018, 12:34:13 pm »

from The Washington Post…

Help Trump complete the wall between him and American voters

Stand back and let him self-destruct.

By TOM TOLES | 7:00AM EST — Wednesday, December 12, 2018

I GUESS President Trump wanted some kind of spectacle in the Oval Office on Tuesday and got one. I guess he thinks if there’s a spectacle and he's in it, he wins. It worked once, anyway, which is why he gets to invite people to the Oval Office. But there is a difference between a campaign spectacle and a spectacle of desperation: a flailing, floundering presidency.

The pundits are frantically rating the performance of Melee Mouth, and I'll leave the finer points of scoring the exchange to others. I was just happy to see Trump confronted with something resembling sanity as the Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer delegation kept the focus on border security as opposed to “the wall,” Trump's middle-school-civics-project-idea that he tries to pass off as policy. I was also glad to see that they apparently learned from early in his first term that there is no point in trying to engage with him normally to reach a “deal.” All Trump deals are either bad or unreliable, as is the very process of dealing with him.

The Democrats' job in the next two years is to let Trump be Trump, all by himself, and let the voters see unmistakably what a defective product he is, just like all of his other products. Trump had his chance in his first two years, and he made his choices. He chose to further bankrupt the government with a deficit-financed tax cut for the rich. He chose to subvert science and public support for a stable climate at every turn. He chose to try and wreck health-care coverage. He chose to rule by division, stoking racial and ethnic divides in a nation that is built on bringing diverse peoples together. He chose to undermine, on a daily basis, truth, respect for truth, and even the very concept of truth, and to attack and undermine the institutions that try to generate and disseminate and hold people accountable to the truth. He chose to govern by building a cult of personality around himself; a government of, by and for Trump.

We've seen a lot. The man is a fundamental menace. To democracy, to science, to the planet, to equality, to justice, to truth, to the United States. Americans are not waiting to see whether Democrats can “work together” to prop up Trump's malice so that he can win re-election. Trump made the 2018 election about him, and the voters gave their preliminary answer. All Democratic legislators need to do is stand back and let all Americans see Trump ever more vividly for who he is. And spend their time laying a foundation for sane governing after 2020.

Trump has made his bed. Let him lie in it and tweet.

Tom Toles is the Pulitzer Prize-winning editorial cartoonist for The Washington Post and writes the Tom Toles blog. He joined the newspaper in 2002, after 19 years as the cartoonist for the Buffalo News and nine years with the Buffalo Courier-Express. He has also produced a syndicated a comic strip, “Curious Avenue”, and a syndicated panel, “Randolph Itch, 2 a.m.”. The Madhouse Effect: How Climate Change Denial Is Threatening Our Planet, Destroying Our Politics, and Driving Us Crazy, a book he co-authored on climate change, was published in 2016. His cartoons are also collected in six books, and he is the author of a children's book, My School Is Worse Than Yours.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2018/12/12/help-trump-complete-wall-between-him-american-voters
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: