Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 05:17:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Trump supporters (snigger)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump supporters (snigger)  (Read 297 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: August 02, 2018, 02:54:01 pm »

Robert S. Mueller III's brave military service to his country...

Robert S. Mueller was accepted for officer training in the United States Marine Corps in 1968, attending training at Parris Island, Officer Candidate School, Army Ranger School, and Army jump school. Of all these, he said later that he considered Ranger School the most valuable. “It more than anything teaches you about how you react with no sleep and nothing to eat.”

In July 1968, he was sent to South Vietnam, where he served as a rifle platoon leader with Second Platoon, H Company, 2nd Battalion, 4th Marines, 3rd Marine Division. On December 11, 1968, during an engagement in Operation Scotland II, he earned the Bronze Star with “V” distinction for combat valor for rescuing a wounded Marine under enemy fire during an ambush in which he saw half of his platoon become casualties. In April 1969, he received an enemy gunshot wound in the thigh, recovered, and returned to lead his platoon until June 1969. For his service in and during the Vietnam War, his military decorations and awards include: the Bronze Star Medal with Combat “V”, Purple Heart Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals with Combat “V”, Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal with three service stars, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, and Parachutist Badge.

After recuperating at a field hospital near Da Hong, Mueller became aide-de-camp to 3rd Marine Division's commanding general, then-Major General William K. Jones, where he “significantly contributed to the rapport” Jones had with other officers, according to one report. Mueller had originally considered making the Marines his career, but explained later that he found non-combat life in the Corps to be unexciting.

Reflecting on his service in the Vietnam War, Mueller said, “I consider myself exceptionally lucky to have made it out of Vietnam. There were many—many—who did not. And perhaps because I did survive Vietnam, I have always felt compelled to contribute.” In 2009, he told a writer that despite his other accomplishments he was still “most proud the Marines Corps deemed me worthy of leading other Marines.”

After returning from Vietnam, Mueller was briefly stationed at Henderson Hall, before leaving active-duty service in August 1970. He was inducted into the Ranger Hall of Fame in 2004.

Donald J. Trump's military service to his country...

In other words, a gutless, snivelling, yellow-bellied coward when his country needed him.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: