Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 11:39:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Northcote By Election

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northcote By Election  (Read 461 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: May 30, 2018, 02:29:19 pm »

Look what Liberat8 is up to these days. Cheesy

ACT candidate Stephen Berry has a dream for the North Shore. It's very stupid
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/104310522/act-candidate-stephen-berry-has-a-dream-for-the-north-shore-its-very-stupid

ACT's Northcote by-election candidate Stephen Berry wants six-lane motorway through North Shore
http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2018/05/act-s-northcote-by-election-candidate-stephen-berry-wants-six-lane-motorway-through-north-shore.html

Makes a change from the Labour and National candidates who are remarkably similar.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 03:41:40 pm »

Meanwhile, did you know Nitpicker died back in January?

She had just turned 85 in October last year.

She was a really great lady....I met her a few times and she made absolutely delicious cheese scones.

I really miss her.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
aDjUsToR
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 07:13:46 pm »

Holy crap! Signs of intelligent life on here!😁
Stephenberry4mp hits the bigtime 😁
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 07:23:26 pm »

The only serious development NZers will tolerate is trampling over each other in the great property Ponzi scheme, so it can look forward to a future of the same petty nasty backwater.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 09:05:23 pm »

You know.....it would almost be worth having Stephen Berry elected to Parliament so we could amuse ourselves for the next two-and-a-bit years watching him be publicly ridiculed by every MP in Parliament, apart from the fellow idiot representing Epsom.
Report Spam   Logged

aDjUsToR

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 09:18:31 pm »

He's not still a fundamentalist libertarian is he?
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 06:53:17 am »

He's worse....he's now a combination of a fundamentalist libertarian and a right-wing fascist.

Yeah, I know that's an oxymoron, but he does at times espouse both types of politics.

I actually met Stephen quite a few years ago when he was in Wellington staying at Lindsay Perigo's house and doing work for the Libertarianz party. I got him a cab pass and took him for a ride in a locomotive hauling a passenger train from Wellington to Masterton and return. I found him to be quite a pleasant and very likeable person, although perhaps rather naive. But he's a few years older now, so who knows what he is like personally.
Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 11:03:02 am »

I don't think Stephen Berry will be elected, Act didn't make much of an impact last time and most of the locals I have spoken to are laughing at the sideshow while trying to pick the difference between the National and Labour candidates. Meanwhile Jacinda and co were touring Highbury yesterday and the Nat supporters ear bashing the Onewa Rd/Birkenhead Ave intersection (once was the Birkenhead roundabout) with placards and megaphone while the Legalise Cannabis crew were continuing their 90 day protest by crossing as every cross signal with white board placard.

No kidding, the Legalise Cannabis crew have been protesting with a white board, chalk on the foot path (and church boundary wall grr Angry)and one of two people in High vise vests complete with slogan in vivid for a couple of months now every afternoon. It was hilarious yesterday with all the Nats  making a heck of a racket and this one middle aged overweight guy in high vis with Legalise It written in green on a white board holding it above his head and crossing the road he got a cross signal.

Sad to hear about Nitz, I had noticed her on facebook in recent months much to my surprise but hadn't made contact. I regret that now.
I did meet her a few years back, you are right about the cheese scones - they were good.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
aDjUsToR

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 10:32:39 pm »

Berry boy is a "right wing fascist"?
He's advocating concentration camps for gay people or sonething?Huh

Do you think maybe your definition of a "right wing fascist" might be a wee bit silly?
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 11:03:07 pm »

Well....considering that he is gay (he outed himself a couple of years after I met him), then he is being a stupid & silly person.
Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 03:27:46 pm »

Six Lane highway through half the green space, a cemetery and some of the roughest land in the electorate.

Very right wing.

As for his sexuality - meh, each to his own.

At least the dog and pony show will be over by Sunday. Jacinda and Co were in Northcote (the suburb) a couple of days ago.
Report Spam   Logged

aDjUsToR

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 05:10:28 am »

OK so he may be right wing but the "fascist" label is just childish BS. Got it 😁
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 11:57:18 am »

It is all over bar the counting of specials and confirmation of the result.

BIDOIS, Dan NAT 10147
HALBERT, Shanan LAB 8785
JAUNG, Rebekah GP 579
BERRY, Stephen ACT 157
KOLONI, Kym IND 95 (formally NZFirst)
LYE, Jeff ALCP 76
CHEEL, Tricia NZDSC 30
WALSH, Liam NAP 5
Candidate Informals:      26
TOTAL:      19,900

In the general election 36,484 were cast so turn out was not great. Jonathan Coleman got almost the same number of votes  19072, in the general election that were cast in total this time.  Legalise cannabis did a lot better given the turn out (93 last time).

My conclusion is that MMP is more popular than First Passed the Post because over half the enrolled voters didn't bother to vote in the by election. Either that or they don't give a rats arse who the local MP is or what party he/she stands for.

It would be interesting to know if a female candidate standing for National or Labour would have gotten more votes. Rebecca Juang may have done better if she wasn't standing for the green party...or not, given her ethnicity. Just because I don't give a fly fig about it doesn't mean others are of the same view.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: