Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 10:23:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

War is off the menu: best of mates again…

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: War is off the menu: best of mates again…  (Read 138 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: January 12, 2018, 12:58:38 pm »

from The New York Times....

Trump Boasts of ‘Very Good Relationship’ With North Korean Leader

The president's rosy description of his relationship with Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader,
was a jarring reversal in tone after months of the two leaders trading taunts.

By MICHAEL D. SHEAR | Thursday, January 11, 2018

The North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, and President Donald J. Trump have traded taunts for months. — Photograph: Korean Central News Agency.
The North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, and President Donald J. Trump have traded taunts for months. — Photograph: Korean Central News Agency.

WASHINGTON — Barely more than a week after boasting that he has a bigger nuclear button than Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader, President Trump portrayed himself on Thursday as having good relations with the autocratic leader of the rogue nation.

“I probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong-un,” Mr. Trump told The Wall Street Journal in an interview. “I have relationships with people. I think you people are surprised.”

Mr. Trump declined to say whether he had directly spoken with his North Korean counterpart. “I'm not saying I have or haven't,” he said.

But the rosy description of his relationship with the North Korean leader was another jarring reversal in tone from a president who has spoken admiringly of Mr. Kim in some moments and mocked him in others, referring to him as a fat “Little Rocket Man”.

In September, the president called Mr. Kim the leader of a “band of criminals” and later said he was a “madman”. Two months later, he called Mr. Kim “a sick puppy”. Mr. Kim has sometimes responded to the taunts, at one point calling Mr. Trump a “mentally deranged U.S. dotard” and “a rogue and a gangster fond of playing with fire, rather than a politician”.

The current, more positive, state of the president's relationship with Mr. Kim, according to Mr. Trump, comes in the midst of a modest thaw in relations between North Korea and South Korea, whose officials met, face-to-face, for talks for the first time in recent days. Those talks have not included Mr. Trump, who said in Thursday's interview that his shifting commentary about the North Korean leader was part of a broader strategy.

“You'll see that a lot with me,” Mr. Trump said, referring to the difference between his friendly tone toward Mr. Kim and his previous tweets calling him a “maniac” and a “short and fat” person. “And then all of the sudden somebody's my best friend. I could give you 20 examples. You could give me 30. I'm a very flexible person.”

It is unclear whether that flexibility suggests a more permanent retreat from the angry exchanges with North Korea that Mr. Trump often stoked during his first year in office. In response to North Korean ballistic missile launches and nuclear tests, the president has repeatedly issued dramatic threats of military action by the United States.

Last summer, Mr. Trump threatened “fire and fury” against North Korea if Mr. Kim and his nation endangered the United States.

“North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States,” Mr. Trump said during a visit to his golf club in New Jersey. “They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.”

In the interview on Thursday, Mr. Trump said he expected that North Korea's effort to talk with South Korea is an attempt to drive a wedge between the South Koreans and the United States. He said that probably was their motivation, and he suggested that he should know.

“The difference is I'm president, other people aren't,” Mr. Trump told The Wall Street Journal. “And I know more about wedges than any human being that's lived.”

• Michael D. Shear is a White House correspondent in the Washington bureau of The New York Times, where he covers President Trump, with a focus on domestic policy, the regulatory state and life at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. A veteran political correspondent, he covered Barack Obama's presidency, including the 2012 re-election campaign. Before coming to The N.Y. Times in 2010, he spent 18 years at The Washington Post, writing about local communities, school districts, state politics, the 2008 presidential campaign and the White House. A member of the Pulitzer Prize-winning team that covered the Virginia Tech shootings in 2007, Mr. Shear is a 1990 graduate of Claremont McKenna College and has a masters in public policy from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. He lives in Virginia with his wife and two teenage children.

Related to this topic:

• North Korea Moves Toward Détente With Seoul

• Kim Jong-un Offers North Korea's Hand to South, While Chiding U.S.

• Trump Threatens ‘Fire and Fury’ Against North Korea if It Endangers U.S.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/us/politics/trump-kim-jong-un-north-korea-relationship.html
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 01:06:11 pm »

Well…war is off the table & best of mates again until next time the mentally-ill resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue forgets to take his meds, then things will revert back to a hostile state yet again, and we can once more get in the beer & popcorn to consume while watching the entertainment, eh?

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 11:55:22 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: