Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 11:04:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Yep....rightie politicians are vermin with no morals…

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yep....rightie politicians are vermin with no morals…  (Read 207 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: October 06, 2017, 10:03:47 pm »

from The Washington Post....

Representative Tim Murphy resigns from Congress
after allegedly asking woman to have abortion

“I think it's appropriate that he moves on to the next chapter of his life.
And I think he agrees with that,” House Speaker Paul Ryan said.

By MIKE DeBONIS | 5:02PM EDT - Thursday, October 05, 2017

Representative Tim Murphy (Republican-Pennsulvania) on March 26th, 2015. Murphy, caught up in an affair scandal, has announced that he plans to resign October 21st. — Photograph: Andrew Harnik/Associated Press.
Representatives Tim Murphy (Republican-Pennsylvania) on March 26th, 2015. Murphy, caught up in an affair scandal,
has announced that he plans to resign on October 21st. — Photograph: Andrew Harnik/Associated Press.

REPRESENTATIVE TIM MURPHY said on Thursday that he will resign from Congress this month, a day after the eight-term Pennsylvania Republican announced that he would not seek re-election amid a personal scandal.

“Upon further discussion with my family, I have made the decision to resign my position” effective October 21st, Murphy wrote in a letter to House Speaker Paul D. Ryan. “I am grateful for the opportunity to have served the people of southwestern Pennsylvania and to have worked with the talented and dedicated men and women of the United States Congress.”

In a statement Thursday, Ryan (Republican-Wisconsin) thanked Murphy “for his many years of tireless work on mental health issues here in Congress and his service to the country as a naval reserve officer.”

Murphy's decision to resign within weeks, rather than remain in Congress for an additional 15 months, came amid pressure from top Republican leaders to remove himself as a distraction as the GOP House tackles a major tax bill and other legislative priorities.

“I've spoken with Tim quite a bit the last couple of days,” Ryan said at a news conference shortly before Murphy's resignation was announced. “I think it's appropriate that he moves on to the next chapter of his life. And I think he agrees with that.”

An emailed request for comment sent to Murphy's spokeswoman on Thursday generated an automated reply that included Ryan's statement on the resignation.

The resignation of Murphy, a clinical psychologist, comes after a news report claimed that the married Republican had asked a woman with whom he had an extramarital affair to get an abortion.

Murphy, 65, said in a statement on Wednesday: “After discussions with my family and staff, I have come to the decision that I will not seek re-election to Congress at the end of my current term.”

Murphy first publicly admitted in early September to having an affair with Shannon Edwards, a woman half his age, a revelation that dealt a blow to his re-election prospects in 2018. Murphy was first elected to the House in November 2002.

In a January 25th text message obtained by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Edwards said Murphy had “zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options.”

According to the newspaper, a text response from Murphy's cellphone number that same day said that his staff was responsible for the anti-abortion messages: “I've never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don't write any more. I will.”

Murphy is a member of the House Pro-Life Caucus and was a co-sponsor of a Republican bill approved on Tuesday that bans most abortions after 20 weeks of fetal development.

As a senior member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee and chairman of its oversight and investigations subcommittee, he helped write a major overhaul of mental health programs that was signed into law last year.

Murphy represents a district in Pennsylvania's southwestern corner that is solidly Republican. The non-partisan Cook Political Report rates it as having an 11-point GOP lean. The district voted for Donald Trump by 19 points over Hillary Clinton, 58 to 39, in the 2016 presidential election.

Murphy's resignation sets up a special election that will be set at the discretion of Democratic Governor Tom Wolf. Under Pennsylvania law, Wolf has 10 days once the seat is vacant to set the date of the election. The special election could ultimately coincide with the state's May 15th primary.

National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Steve Stivers said on Thursday that “the circumstances surrounding this situation are extremely disappointing to me” but that the 18th Congressional District would remain in Republican hands.

“The NRCC is undefeated in special elections this year and I'm supremely confident that will continue,” he said.

Meredith Kelly, a spokeswoman for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, said Murphy's district “is a reliable Republican stronghold, but the grass-roots energy behind Democrats has proven powerful this year, and we will be closely tracking this district and special election.”

Mary Hui contributed to this report.

• Mike DeBonis covers Congress and national politics for The Washington Post. He previously covered D.C. politics and government from 2007 to 2015.

Related to this topic:

• GOP Representative Tim Murphy won't seek re-election after reports he asked woman to get abortion

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/rep-tim-murphy-resigns-from-congress-after-allegedly-asking-woman-to-have-abortion/2017/10/05/7a68a414-aa08-11e7-850e-2bdd1236be5d_story.html
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 10:06:57 pm »

Imagine that!?!

An anti-abortion rightie politician who gets a lady half his age knocked-up while cheating on his wife, then demands that she have an abortion.

Just shows that righties have absolutely no morals whatsoever.

Just like that sexual predator & sicko Donald J. Trump who thinks its okay to grab women by the pussy whenever he feels like it.

There's tape-recorded evidence of that.

Then there was that rightie politician in New Zealand many years ago, Graeme Caphill, who looked down his nose at everybody while moralising at them and preaching religion; then it turned out he was a rapist of little girls and he did time for it.

Just goes to show how low moralising rightie politicians are, eh? They are human filth!!
Report Spam   Logged

aDjUsToR
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 10:39:03 pm »

I think it's possibly time to take your head out of your backside and have a look at the grubby lives of so many lefty pollies. Who was the wacko that kept sending dick pics to some poor woman in the US? Weiner? How appropriate 😁 Plenty more examples where that came from.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 09:16:27 am »

Was Weiner campaigning against “dick pics” in the way Tim Murphy was moralising his anti-abortion attitudes, while demanding the floozy he rooted while cheating on his wife get an abortion? No?? Then hypocrisy wasn't involved in that case. Just moral grubbiness.

You are full-of-shit.....just like that stupid Reality/Donald clown.
Report Spam   Logged

aDjUsToR
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 11:18:48 am »

Lefties are the biggest hypocrites of all. Easy to scratch the surface and find plenty of grubbiness and corruption. Hillary the social justice warrior and her comments towards a rape victim she when she was representing the perp spring to mind.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: