Xtra News Community 2
August 19, 2017, 12:48:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

More good news ....

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More good news ....  (Read 28 times)
Donald
Bloody-Good Member

« on: August 09, 2017, 02:22:04 pm »

.they won't vote...thank Christ for that.....they would likely vote  the left in and stuff the country🙄

Youth voter: I will not be voting in this election

Put yourself in my shoes. There is no party that represents my interests.

Election season is in full swing. For many of our older citizens, this means talking about parties and policies and voting. A regular part of this conversation is the missing 'youth' vote.

Our generation is repeatedly battered with the assertion that if we don't vote, our vote supports National. We hear: "If you don't vote then you can't complain".

The problem is, the system does not represent us. The parties involved and in control largely reflect the wishes and beliefs of older voters. We see it in their advertising budgets, $1 million each to team red and team blue given from our tax contributions. The dominant parties the ones getting face time on the news every single night at 6pm, the ones who have written the rules they don't want change any more than the people who actually show up and vote within the system. The current system delivers disproportionate power to these established parties and ultimately protects the vested interests of the baby boomers.

What do youth voters want?
Share your stories, photos and videos.
The problem that is fast-approaching is the direct conflict between the can-kicking desires of those baby boomers and the future needs of our youth the children and the grandchildren to come.

READ MORE:
* Youth voter apathy needs to end
* Lowering the voting age would be a disaster
* We are Gen Y: Generation 'why vote?'

The system does not prioritise putting a stop to the damage to New Zealand's land, waterways, and productive capacity. To take responsibility for our country's future and the opportunities of our descendants would require a level of austerity. We cannot pump water from our rivers into dairy farms, and pump pollution back in without damaging the ecosystem. This is but one example there are many more.

The environmental and cultural resources of our lands are being systematically pillaged. But this pillaging forms the foundation of the economic system the politicians seek to prolong. The investments, the pensions and the Super are all ingrained in this economy. To take responsibility would be to bankrupt many of these people.

The system has one single objective from the perspective of those baby boomers: to maintain the current standard of living long enough for them to complete their natural lives in relative comfort.

The colour of their vote is irrelevant, the slightly different flavours of the various established parties are united on that front. None of them will challenge the destruction of our future to provide the lifestyle these people demand at the twilight of their lives.

This election I will not be voting. Last time about 22 per cent of eligible voters did not vote. I cannot say why the others didn't vote, but I can say categorically for myself that my non-vote will be because I will not condone this system.

It's not because I am lazy. It's not because I don't care. It is because the central government system is not democracy. How many years do we sit by and watch elected members of parliament flip-flop to buy votes? How often do we see them lie? How long should we tolerate a system that facilitates the transfer of wealth from our future to our old wealthy power base?

I want to challenge those readers who repeat the quote: "If you don't vote then you can't complain". If I do not vote then I cannot be responsible for the actions of people in positions of power. It is those who participate in the system that are responsible for the outcomes.

Put yourself in my shoes. There is no party that represents my interests. The options put forward, from my perspective, are destructive to my children's future. I am not voting for a government to dig us deeper into this hole simply so I can live out the last of my years in comfort.

Just imagine for a minute if you were asked to vote and the options were Mongrel Mob, Black Power or Destiny Church? Would you still believe that "if you don't vote then you can't complain"?

Because that's how attractive the options on this year's ballot are to me and those who share my perspective.

- Stuff Nation
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

aDjUsToR

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 04:07:33 pm »

Well if labour has any brains it will ditch the ditzy SJW leader and differentiate itself from the greens as the pragmatic and fair party. The SJW poser set are a minority and are completely out of touch with the real world that that battlers face.  It will then need to pour its heart and soul into getting the dispirited masses to VOTE.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 09:28:56 pm »

.they won't vote...thank Christ for that.....they would likely vote  the left in and stuff the country

Well....actually.....my friend's 19-year-old daughter tells me that she and all her friends, who weren't planning to vote, are suddenly registering and plan to vote for the party led by Jacinda. Yeah, I know they're doing it for shallow reasons, but hey, anything which shoves one right up the collective clackers of the Nats has to be good news, eh?

Even better news will be watching that Reality/Donald clown froth at the mouth if we end up with Prime Minister Jacinda.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 10:26:15 pm »

EXCELLENT NEWS…

POWER PUNCH
(click on the picture to read the news story)
Report Spam   Logged

aDjUsToR

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 10:42:40 pm »

I suppose there will be throngs of brainwashed fembots voting for "Jacinta" simply because of what isn't between her legs.
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 11:01:21 pm »

Humanities uni students, Eco idealists, indigenous identity zealots, and gays will generally vote for her I think. The rest of NZ? Hmmm.
Report Spam   Logged
Donald
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 10:07:51 am »

...excellent....would be great to see Donald Trump in NZ.....😜

New Zealand confirmed as host nation of APEC in 2021

A visit from US President Donald Trump could be on the cards when New Zealand hosts APEC in 2021.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Gerry Brownlee said New Zealand was confirmed to host the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum in 2021, with Leaders' Week to be held in Auckland from November 8 to 14.

Leaders from 21 countries and economies will converge on Auckland including the rare presence of leaders from the US, Russia, China and Japan.

...stuff
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 01:06:15 am »

Ooooooooh....goody.

I'd better dig out the sniper rifle and calibrate the scope all ready for the visit of Trump.

Just think....I could be the hero of the entire world (apart from those retards who support Trump).
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 01:06:49 am »

Report Spam   Logged

aDjUsToR

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 01:12:56 am »

What's the story there?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: