Xtra News Community 2
August 19, 2017, 12:57:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Taxpayers generously gift kiwirail employees over $57,000 each per year

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxpayers generously gift kiwirail employees over $57,000 each per year  (Read 111 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 08:29:04 pm »

The reason for the world-wide shortage of qualified and experienced rail operations staff is due to a number of reasons.

In New Zealand, the rot set in with privatisation of the national rail network during the 1990s.

The new private owners stopped training new operational staff (while they asset-stripped the company at the same time).

The result was an ever-growing shortage of those unique staff, which are incredibly expensive to train, and even whey they are qualified, it can still take years of experience to be considered an expert at skills such as train-handling over difficult terrain.

In the meantime, Australia experienced a mining boom, and the various mining companies over there found it was cheaper to lure Kiwi rail operations staff over the ditch by paying huge wages than to train their own staff. Various economic booms in other regions of the world also enticed Kiwi rail operations staff away, including to the USA where there are a large number of Kiwi locomotive engineers.

The result was the NZ national rail company having to pay ever-increasing wages to retain their staff. This included Tranz Rail (during the final days of the rip-off merchants), Toll Rail, and KiwiRail. They have also been dealing with what is a world-wide problem....an older age bubble amongst rail operations staff; and the fact that today's young folks don't stick around for decades....they are fickle and will do one job for a while, before buggering off to do something completely different. Or they will bugger off overseas chasing jobs with more money (world-wide, the rail transport industry is a growth industry, resulting in huge shortages of experienced, skilled staff).

Those capitalist wankers espoused global markets. Well, in some industries, that translated to global employment markets and in industries where there is a world-wide shortage of specific skills, we exploited it and played the capitalist wankers at their own globalisation games.

Plus, it helps if the workers stick together and stand up to employer efforts to water-down their conditions of employment. Remember the Nats' Employment Contract Act from the 1990s? It resulted in workers all around NZ being shit-on. Except in a few industries where the workers stayed united and stood up to their employers. Well I work for one of those industries where we stuck up for each other under the creed, “all for one and one for all” and as a result we prevented our employer from shitting on us.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
aDjUsToR

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 12:30:08 am »

Yes and there are quite a few industries in Aus where unions are pretty staunch and staff get paid well in them. Unfortunately they are sometimes staunch to the point of criminal acts of intimidation. John Howard introduced "work choices" which was his version of the anti collectivisation union smashing like NZ's employment contracts act. Generally speaking people who should be protected by unions are these days conned or bullied out of them. 
Report Spam   Logged
Donald
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 01:14:07 am »

Ktj...."The reason for the world-wide shortage of qualified and experienced rail operations staff..."

...sorry...what was that....is there a shortage of lazy dumbarse motherfuckers....where .....in NZ???

...you gotta be kidding...🙄
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 03:41:53 am »

Why do you think train drivers are "lazy dumbarse motherfuckers" Donald?
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2017, 05:10:09 am »

Why do you think train drivers are "lazy dumbarse motherfuckers" Donald?

Yep....you're finally starting to get examples of why Reality/Donald is a nasty piece of shit-for-brains waste-of-space.
Report Spam   Logged

aDjUsToR

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2017, 11:04:01 am »

Just clicked that you guys have been at war. Life is too short to get pissed off with people on the internet! 😁
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2017, 11:07:06 am »

I KTJ apologise for going overboard.
I Donald apologise for going overboard.

Signed...
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2017, 11:19:07 am »

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.11842601.3479/flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
Report Spam   Logged
Donald
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 02:44:36 pm »

Adj...."Why do you think train drivers are "lazy dumbarse motherfuckers" Donald?"

2 reasons

1)...I have watched them in action...several times..

2).... there is one here who is a prime example of the description🙄

....it's a rort.....as too much union power in a monopoly situation ....and. little competition often  ends up in overpaid employees...worked in oz for a few years....really obscene examples there....much like kiwirail here...wouldn't be so bad if the organization paid for itself....but the taxpayer will have donated over $700,000 per kiwirail employee by the end of this current funding period...the job scheme is just far to generous....there are poor bastards on $ 16/ per hour donating that money...it just ain't right.....National has been very weak on this situation

...the work requires little intelligence..it's on tracks for fucks sake......I think driving a bus would be a lot more demanding🙄
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2017, 08:22:35 pm »

So a few blue collar workers get a good deal? So?
What about all the fat wankers running companies that provide appalling/shonky service, and provide paltry employee salaries and miserly conditions, and those bloated turds are still getting huge salaries and bonuses??😀
Report Spam   Logged
Donald
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2017, 09:31:24 pm »

Adj..."What about all the fat wankers running companies ..."

...the obvious difference being that you use those companies AT YOUR DISCRETION....if you wish..and their pay is for the shareholders (owners) to sort out...

The  paying of obscene amounts of money to public servants for extremely low productivity in brain dead jobs is taken from us by force...via tax....there is no choice...if only 😉
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2017, 10:48:29 pm »

It sounds like somebody is jealous.

Suck eggs and eat my shit while I continue to earn big money and piss you off.
Report Spam   Logged

Donald
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2017, 11:10:35 pm »

Well it certainly ain't me....I would not entertain the thought of having a front lobotomy to work a public service job...life is to short for that shit.....I prefer ....."living life on the edge"😜.....challenges, keeping the mind alert....not ending up being a self centered, demented leftie....living in a cocoon😳

...we gotta pay for the intellectually challenged one way or another.....the benefit of having such a good govt is that  we can be so generous to our retards...no offence to retards🙄
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2017, 12:06:23 pm »

But not everyone is a "slick entrepreneur".
I'm not so sure a well disciplined public service and public services are a bad thing. I look at France, Norway (which has a lot of oil by the way), Sweden, Germany etc etc and they don't have the deranged anti public service mouth frothing that NZ and the US has but are highly desirable places to live (aside from recent suicidal immigration policy).
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2017, 12:08:56 pm »

Some of the excesses of salary can possibly be trimmed a bit but I don't begrudge decent jobs, so long as they aren't just a sheltered workshop for a select lucky few.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2017, 05:24:58 pm »

Everybody makes choices in their lives as to what they wish to do.

I left school and did an electrical apprenticeship, but a few years later went to work for the old Mechanical Branch of New Zealand Government Railways. That turned out to have been a very good decision, because I ended up as a locomotive engineer, and a few years later locomotive engineers ended up being in short supply worldwide and in recent years with the huge world-wide expansion in the rail transport industry, that has meant that the laws of supply & demand have served me really well as far as wages and conditions go. That, and belonging to a strong, democratic trade union which actually carries out the policies the membership demand of them, because the union officials are up for re-election every couple of years and they know they'll be replaced if they fail to carry out the policies the membership want.

Do you know that the Chinese are even running freight trains all the way from their industrial cities in the east of China to a freight distribution centre near London? They started that service in January this year and have had to considerably increase the number of trains on that route to keep up with demand. The Channel Tunnel has opened up opportunities for those sorts of ventures and the Chinese are the people who are seizing the opportunities created. The Chinese are calling that service the “New Silk Road” and it works both ways, with shipments of whisky from Scotland being amongst UK goods being transported by rail to China. No doubt the maritime shipping companies won't like what the Chinese are doing using rail transport.
Report Spam   Logged

Donald
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2017, 09:39:23 pm »

Adj....."But not everyone is a "slick entrepreneur".

...no...and neither am I.....just always work hard and long all my life..and tried not to let people part me from I money....because thought I would always find a use for it...and hated the thought of having to take up  the indignity of being a trougher😜

...actually interesting you bring this up though...I think having spent slot of time in Thailand and SEA generally...it teaches a person a lot about being resourceful and frugal...amazing observing people eeking  out a living all around you all the time...most people here on a benefit of one sort or another would not have a clue about budgeting and living within their means...most will just lie to WINZ to get more...like an open chequebook ...as some politicians espouse 🙄

Adj...."I look at France, Norway (which has a lot of oil by the way), Sweden, Germany etc etc and they don't have the deranged anti public service mouth frothing that NZ and the US has but are highly desirable places to live (aside from recent suicidal immigration policy).

...yeah right...you try and tell Maoris that you want to drill for oil....to help improve NZs economy....they will try and stop it.....want the comforts....but not the sacrifice 😳
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2017, 09:41:07 pm »

You are free to FUCK OFF to Texas if you don't like the way things are done in New Zealand.
Report Spam   Logged

Donald
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2017, 09:45:30 pm »

...for christs sake...what ever you do...don't address the bebate....you may be mistaken as having a brain😳
Report Spam   Logged
Donald
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2017, 04:13:43 pm »

...ya gotta laugh at how pathetic kiwirail workers are...

..today I was driving home after a gruelling days work planting trees....I came up to a line of trucks travelling about 70kph....I wondered what could be the hold up.... a few k's later luckily there was a passing lane and I followed the trucks past the slow vehicle....which turned out to be a kiwirail light ute....with no load ...and 4 people in the vehicle......just another  observation of kiwirail workers pathetic productivity🙄
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: