Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:13:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Sir John Key, best NZ PM ever?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sir John Key, best NZ PM ever?  (Read 308 times)
Donald
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« on: July 20, 2017, 08:22:58 am »

Sir John Key receives Australia's highest honour

New Zealand's former Prime Minister John Key will today be appointed an Honorary Companion in the Order of Australia. This is the highest Australian honour. Our Melbourne correspondent Phil Kafcaloudes has more...

Former Prime Minister John Key will be receiving Australia's highest honour at a ceremony in Canberra on Tuesday.

Sir John - who was knighted in the 2017 Queen's Birthday honours - has been appointed an Honorary Companion in the Order of Australia, and will be invested with the insignia by Australia's Governor General.

"I was shocked and stunned when I got the phone call from PM Turnbull," Sir John said on Monday evening.

...even the Ozzies love him😳
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Donald

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 01:14:44 pm »

....thanks Sir John😉

People don’t change governments when they are satisfied

The opposition would have you believe that NZ is shit and we all want a change.

There is a problem with that assessment…we actually think life in NZ is pretty good. Statistics NZ has released their General Social Survey:

Most New Zealanders say they are highly comfortable with their lives, Stats NZ said today. Around 83 percent rated their overall life satisfaction at 7 or above on a 0–10 scale. The result was similar in 2014.

Kiwis also say they have a strong sense of belonging to family and to country, according to New Zealand’s biggest survey of well-being – the General Social Survey (GSS).

Freedom, rights, and peace; and the natural scenery and environment, rated as extremely important factors in defining New Zealand, the survey of almost 9,000 New Zealanders shows. However, older people were more likely than young people to rate farming as extremely important in defining New Zealand.

The GSS was carried out around the country in 2016/17. The first survey was conducted in 2008/09.

In the latest GSS about 18 percent of New Zealanders said they had more than enough money to meet everyday needs, up from around 13 percent in 2008. Just under 11 percent of people said they did not have enough money to meet their needs for housing, food, clothing, and necessities. This was down from the 15 percent who said they did not have enough for the basics in 2008.

“The economy was shrinking in 2008, with GDP down in each quarter that year and the unemployment rate rising too,” senior analyst Dr Rosemary Goodyear said. “In contrast, in 2016 the economy grew more than 3 percent.”

As well as asking about having enough to live on, the GSS also asked if people had good health, were lonely, or had problems with their housing. In 2016, just under one-quarter (24 percent) of New Zealanders had good outcomes in all four of these aspects of life. However, almost 5 percent did not have good outcomes in any of these.

The Herald also reports:

Only a quarter of Kiwis have all four elements of well-being – good relationships, housing, finances and health, a survey has revealed.

Most New Zealanders are happy with life and have enough money. About 83 per cent rate their life satisfaction as seven or above.

The largest social survey in New Zealand, the General Social Survey, was released this morning by Statistics NZ.

Its purpose is to measure individuals’ perceptions of their life, looking beyond purely economic reasons.

And the stats say we are pretty happy with our lot.

Governments do not change when people are satisfied.

When asked to define New Zealand many Kiwis placed their freedom, rights, peace and the natural scenery and environment at the top of the list.

Pacific people were twice as likely to rate sports as extremely important in defining New Zealand.

Around half of Maori rated Maori culture as 10 out of 10 importance, but only a quarter of the total population gave it the same rating.

Good news for Winston there, with his referenda policy to remove Maori seats.

-Statistics NZ, NZ Herald

Cam slater
Report Spam   Logged
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 03:37:57 pm »

Now now, you know how much the lefties despise success... You're in the wrong place to win hearts with such sentiments.
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
Donald

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 08:21:19 pm »

....good to see him doing well...very smart man....we were lucky to have him to pull us out or the GFC😜

The famous faces in this year's Rich List

Despite disappearing from the public eye for several months after his surprise resignation last year, Sir John Key remains in the spotlight on the NBR Rich List - with an estimated $65 million fortune.

The former Prime Minister, who has also held the position of Minister of Tourism, will take up his latest appointment to Air New Zealand's board in September.

Key is not the only famous face on the list - with film makers Sir Peter Jackson and James Cameron also featuring.
Nz herald
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 02:24:09 am »

Helped those in the housing Ponzi scheme get ahead while pretty much everyone else got stuck in the doldrums or net went backwards. Onya John. Bowed out mid term to preserve his "top of his game" look.
Report Spam   Logged
Donald

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 02:31:15 am »

Yes, I agree, he did a great job😜
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 11:43:36 am »

Yeah?
Maybe dot point his achievements?
Report Spam   Logged
Donald

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 12:56:12 pm »

....the increase in property values has been very good.....the market decides the value.....but it has increased a lot because of lack of land close to Auckland....which the council controls....not the Govt🙄
Report Spam   Logged
Donald

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 02:24:39 pm »

...probably was best PM😜

John Key officially knighted at Auckland's Government House  video

Former Prime Minister John Key has been knighted in an investiture ceremony held at Auckland's Government House.

Key – now Sir John – was made a Knight Grand Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit, a title he reinstated while in office, on Wednesday morning.

"I see it as recognition for [wife] Bronagh and the kids and the sacrifices they have made," he said.
....stuff
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 02:35:39 pm »

I wonder about the value of NZ knighthoods when you have people like Bob Jones joking about how he urged a protest or to kill himself (according to Jones the protester then did).
Then there is Sir Ponytail Puller Pest?
Report Spam   Logged
Donald

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 03:23:02 pm »

...mmmmm...wonder if I could ask Bob for a favour....I know this disturbed  and irrational anti god protestor....who he may be able to help...🙄
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 03:25:31 pm »

Do you believe one of the nonsensical God stories Donald?
Report Spam   Logged
Donald

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 04:36:39 pm »

Sorry...no...I am an  atheist...always have been...always will be..........it's....REALITY😉
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: