Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 02:41:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Trump The Great

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump The Great  (Read 1133 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2017, 02:31:35 pm »

The real life “House of Cards”…

from The Washington Post....

Americans put Trump in the Oval Office.
What does that say about the country?

His character defects were on full display well before the polls opened,
yet millions voted for him anyway.

By COLBERT I. KING | 7:43PM EDT - Friday, July 14, 2017

President Trump attends the traditional Bastille Day military parade on the Champs-Elysees in Paris. — Photograph: Gonzalo Fuentes/Reuters.
President Trump attends the traditional Bastille Day military parade on the Champs-Elysees in Paris.
 — Photograph: Gonzalo Fuentes/Reuters.

THE VAUDEVILLE SHOW that's running at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue didn't book itself into the White House. Nearly 63 million Americans sent that burlesque comedy with headliner Donald Trump to Washington. That 66 million other voters thought otherwise is beside the point. Trump didn't anoint himself president. Millions put him in office.

What does that tell us about the country?

Was hatred of President Barack Obama, fear of Hillary Clinton, outrage over America's perceived direction enough to transfer the reins to Trump?

It's not as if the Trump on display in the Oval Office is not the same Trump we saw on the campaign trail or on reality TV or out and about touting his businesses. He was, by any yardstick, the most unqualified presidential nominee in modern history.

Trump didn't seize the presidency by deception. For months on end, he was out there for all voters to see, measure and judge. Some of us did offer our preelection assessments, based upon his campaign, well before time came to cast ballots.

In my view, Trump showed himself to be one who could be neither out-demagogued nor out-nastied.

Well in advance of the vote, the country heard Trump's vile insults and claims: Mexican immigrants are criminals and rapists; Obama wasn't born in the United States and was an illegitimate president.

And his attacks on people. Megyn Kelly: “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.” Jews: “The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.” Senator John McCain (Republican-Arizona): “He’s not a war hero … I like people that weren't captured.” My journalist colleague Serge Kovaleski, who has limited mobility in his arms: “Now the poor guy, you ought to see this guy,” Trump said, before contorting his arms in an apparent impersonation.

Trump the candidate showed himself to be an ignorant, undisciplined, ranting bully who exaggerated and lied without shame. A man who wore a tough-guy masculinity but was actually a coward, who picked on women, demeaned minorities and was thoroughly lacking in human decency.

Trump's character defects were on full display well before the polls opened.

President Trump's behavior in the White House has been equally as disgusting and beneath the dignity of that high office.

And now our nation's capital is being wrenched apart by the Trump-Russia scandal and congressional and federal investigations into the Kremlin's intrusion in the election.

The country can't claim not to have seen this coming.

On October 7th, one month before the election, U.S. officials put it out there: “The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations…. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process…. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities.”

Questions, serious questions, surfaced about whether Trump associates or campaign staff had any role in assisting Moscow's meddling in the election to hurt Clinton and elect Trump. And answers are coming in.

Trump's ties and affinities to Russia were no secret, either.

Two months before Election Day, reports appeared in The Washington Post, including in this column, that there was strong evidence that Trump's businesses had received significant funding from Russian investors — thus adding to a growing sense that the Russians may have had their hooks in him and his associates.

“Turn over the keys to Trump,” I wrote, “who mingles with Putin's Russian oligarchs, hustles business opportunities in Moscow, blithely looks past Putin's annexation of Crimea, and glosses over the Russian invasion of Ukraine and its support for Iran and Bashar al-Assad in Syria? Who says the NATO-member Baltic states can count on our help only if threatened by Russia if they have ‘fulfilled their obligations to us’? Who says of Russian election meddling: ‘I’m not going to tell Putin what to do’?”

“No wonder Putin, covert manipulator of the West, smirks. In Donald Trump, Russia will never have had it so good,” I wrote, adding: “Something voters may wish to think about.”

Well, millions did, taking in all that Trump — by word, thought and deed — had to offer. And they decided to swallow the Kool-Aid and enter the Trump Show with the unquestioned obedience of an adoring audience.

Now what does that say about us?

• Colbert I. “Colby” King writes a column for The Washington Post — sometimes about D.C., sometimes about politics — that runs on Saturdays. In 2003, he won the Pulitzer Prize for Commentary. King joined The Post's editorial board in 1990 and served as deputy editorial page editor from 2000 to 2007.

Read more on this topic:

• Alyssa Rosenberg: ‘The Trump Show’, Season 1, Week 25, reviewed…

• Dana Milbank: Watching America lose its moral authority in real time

• Michael Gerson: An administration without a conscience

• James Downie: When the president isn't interested in being president

• Richard Cohen: On his trip abroad, Trump left America's values behind

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/americans-put-trump-in-the-oval-office-what-does-that-say-about-americans/2017/07/14/e6dd8996-67e8-11e7-a1d7-9a32c91c6f40_story.html

I posted a reader comment to this article on The Washington Post's website.

I've got a shitload of “likes” for my comment so far.

And unlike that petrified rat who calls himself Reality/Donald who hides behind a computer, I used my REAL NAME with my posted comment.

I'm not a gutless scaredy cat like Reality/Donald, constantly shitting my pants that people might discover who I am in real life.

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Donald
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2017, 02:47:15 pm »

Just departing to Phnom Penh international airport heading to the great city of Bangkok.....Thailand😜

Please talk amoung yourself (you and you) until I'm online again🙄
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2017, 07:04:39 pm »

from The Washington Post....

Trump is failing faster than any president

Republicans have lost their heads, while other Americans abandon Trump.

By JENNIFER RUBEN | 10:00AM EDT - Monday, July 17, 2017

President Donald J. Trump. — Photograph: The Washington Post.
President Donald J. Trump. — .Photograph: The Washington Post.

THE WASHINGTON POST reports, “Approaching six months in office, [President] Trump's overall approval rating has dropped to 36 percent from 42 percent in April. His disapproval rating has risen five points to 58 percent. Overall, 48 percent say they ‘disapprove strongly’ of Trump's performance in office, a level never reached by former presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama and reached only in the second term of George W. Bush in Washington Post-ABC polling.”

Trump's efforts to discredit coverage of a burgeoning Russia scandal have kept his cultist followers on board, but few others. (“Just over one-third of all Americans say they trust the president either ‘a great deal’ or ‘a good amount’ in any such foreign negotiations. Asked specifically about Trump-Putin negotiations, almost 2 in 3 say they do not trust the president much, including 48 percent who say they do not trust the president ‘at all’ … 60 percent of Americans think Russia tried to influence the election outcome, up slightly from 56 percent in April. Some 44 percent suspect Russian interference and think Trump benefited from their efforts. Roughly 4 in 10 believe members of Trump's campaign intentionally aided Russian efforts to influence the election, though suspicions have changed little since the spring.”) Most striking, the poll finds that “no more than 1 in 4 Americans believe passionately in him or his presidency at this juncture…. Trump's disapproval rating has risen to 58 percent in the national survey, which was conducted last Monday through to Thursday. Overall, 48 percent disapprove strongly of how he's doing. But while 36 percent approve of Trump overall, only 25 percent approve strongly.”

Even more than the president's abysmal approval rating or the failure of his health-care plan to catch on (“twice as many Americans prefer the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare, to GOP plans for replacing it — 50 percent to 24 percent”) is the significant number of deluded Republicans who are impervious to reality and to replete evidence, undisputed even by GOP senators, of Russian interference in our electoral system. (“Among Democrats, 8 in 10 believe Russia attempted to influence the election and more than 6 in 10 think members of Trump's team attempted to aid their efforts. But among Republicans, one-third think Russia tried to influence the election outcome, and fewer than 1 in 10 think Trump's associates sought to help them.”) Eighty-two percent of Republicans, according to the poll, approve of the job he is doing; 62 percent strongly approve. At some point, one must concede that GOP partisans who imbibe hours of Fox News propaganda daily are immune to rational persuasion.

Trump's most loyal base remains white evangelicals, who still back him by a 61 percent to 35 percent margin. Apparently, an unhinged, ignorant president with a soft spot for America's most formidable international foe has endeared himself to a group that touts its defense of American “values”. One could say Trump's unbridled hatred for the media (urban elites more generally), his appointment of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court and his vitriolic aversion to immigration are sufficient to keep these voters' affection.

The extent to which Republicans have abandoned traditional national security concerns and, frankly, patriotism in defense of Trump startles us. The party that claimed victory in the Cold War and ridiculed the Obama team's efforts at Russian reset denies it is even troubled by the fact that “Trump's son, Donald Jr.; his son-in-law Jared Kushner; and his campaign manager Paul Manafort met last summer with a Russian lawyer who said she had damaging information about Hillary Clinton.” A 48 percent plurality of Republicans think this was appropriate. Surely if the Obama team had done the same, they'd be calling for impeachment and prosecution for treason.

While it's troubling to the rest of Americans that about 35 percent of Americans are sticking with this president and even more distressing that they'd approve of his team's consorting with Russian officials, the good news for the country is that Trump — who got 46 percent in the general election — has lost more than 20 percent of his support in just six months. In short, the true believers won’t be converted, but they can be soundly defeated at the polls.

• Jennifer Rubin writes the Right Turn blog for The Washington Post, offering reported opinion from a conservative perspective.

Related media:

• VIDEO: 5 of the most popular ‘fact checks’ of 2017, 20 far

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/07/17/failing-faster-than-any-president
Report Spam   Logged

Donald

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2017, 11:56:12 pm »

Just sort of picking up the fact that you don't seem to want to talk about your idol ending apartheid in NZ...Is there some sort of problem🙄

...does this mean you are no longer part of the Winnie arse licking club😳
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2017, 10:36:24 pm »

Trump is certainly not the smooth talking poser of the kind the loony left fawn over. He's a bit of a loose unit on the speech front. He was the only candidate offering significant change of direction away from the course of the suicide of Western civilisation. The loony left are going mental because they see him as a real threat to their self destructive agenda.
Report Spam   Logged
Donald

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2017, 02:33:15 am »

Can only agree with that😉
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2017, 05:30:59 am »

Report Spam   Logged

aDjUsToR

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2017, 12:29:45 pm »

Yes I think he needs a dumb-phone 😀
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2017, 04:09:47 pm »

The senate should introduce a law that states the prez can't send out a tweet or other social media message without senate approval. Failing that, without his senior staff's unanimous approval.
Report Spam   Logged
Donald

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2017, 10:15:04 pm »

The president is a smart guy....needs to be able to negotiate the way he knows best...seems to be wotprking very well so far...well done Donald😜
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: