Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 11:24:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Donald Trump gets slapped down by the judge … again!! Haw Haw Haw!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donald Trump gets slapped down by the judge … again!! Haw Haw Haw!  (Read 273 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: March 16, 2017, 11:42:19 am »

from The Washington Post....

Federal judge in Hawaii freezes President Trump's new executive order

Judge was one of three to hear challenges in to the revised executive order on Wednesday.

By MARIA SACCHETTI, KALANI TAKASE and MATT ZAPOTOSKY | 6:47PM - Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Demonstrators gather near the White House on March 11th, 2017, to protest President Trump's travel ban. — Photograph: Tasos Katopodis/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images.
Demonstrators gather near the White House on March 11th, 2017, to protest President Trump's travel ban.
 — Photograph: Tasos Katopodis/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images.

A FEDERAL JUDGE in Hawaii has frozen President Trump's new executive order temporarily barring the issuance of new visas to citizens of six-Muslim majority countries and suspending the admission of new refugees.

U.S. District Judge Derrick K. Watson froze the order nationwide.

Watson was the second of three judges to hear arguments during Wednesday on whether to freeze the ban. A federal judge in Maryland said he also could rule before day's end after a morning hearing, and the same federal judge in Washington state who suspended Trump's first travel ban was set to hear arguments starting at 5 p.m. Eastern.

The hearing in Hawaii came in response to a lawsuit filed by the state itself. Lawyers for Hawaii alleged the new travel ban, much like the old, violates the establishment clause of the First Amendment because it is essentially a Muslim ban, hurts the ability of state businesses and universities to recruit top talent and damages the state's robust tourism industry.

They pointed particularly to the case of Ismail Elshikh, the imam of the Muslim Association of Hawaii, whose mother-in-law's application for an immigrant visa was still being processed. Under the new executive order, lawyers for Hawaii said, Elshikh feared that his mother-in-law would ultimately be banned from entering the United States.

“Dr. Elshikh certainly has standing in this case. He, along with all of the Muslim residents in Hawaii face higher hurdles to see family because of religious faith,” lawyer Colleen Roh Sinzdak said at the hearing. “It is not merely a harm to the Muslim residents of the state of Hawaii, but also is a harm to the United State as a whole and is against the First Amendment itself.”

Justice Department lawyers argued that the president was well within his authority to impose the ban, and that those challenging it had raised only speculative harms.

“They bear the burden of showing irreparable harm … and there is no harm at all,” said Acting U.S. Solicitor General Jeffrey Wall, who argued on behalf of the government in Greenbelt, Maryland in the morning and by phone in Hawaii in the afternoon.

The arguments were similar at the hearing in Maryland, where a federal judge peppered both sides with pointed questions about whether the revised executive order would harm Muslims, refugees and the organizations that serve them.

“I think we've been going for quite a while,” U.S. District Judge Theodore D. Chuang said after the nearly two-hour hearing. “I appreciate everyone's advocacy…. I'll try to issue a written ruling — hopefully today, but not necessarily.”

The president's new executive order will suspend the U.S. refugee program for 120 days, halt for 90 days the issuance of new visas to people from six Muslim-majority countries and reduce the number of refugees allowed to enter the United States this year from 110,000 to 50,000.

The ACLU and lawyers for refugee aid organizations asked Chuang to halt the entire order, arguing that it is a pretext to discriminate against Muslims, who make up the majority of refugees admitted to the United States.

“If you were trying to ban Muslims,” ACLU lawyer Omar C. Jadwat told the Chuang in court, “banning refugees would be one compelling way to do it.”

Justin Cox, a lawyer for the National Immigration Law Center who also argued in court, said refugees and immigrants feel that Trump's order essentially targets Islam. “All of these individuals express that they feel that their religion has been condemned by the executive order,” he said.

Justice Department lawyers say the order is “substantially different” from Trump's January 27th travel ban, which stranded thousands of travelers overseas and ignited protests at airports and elsewhere before it was blocked by U.S. District Judge James L. Robart in Seattle. The Trump administration urged Chuang not to halt the order, saying its chief goal is to prevent terrorists from entering the country.

The six countries named in the order, which are majority-Muslim, were selected because the administration of former President Barack Obama identified them as having security threats, Wall told the judge, adding: “What he's concerned about are radical Islamic terrorists.”

Wall said the plaintiffs in the legal challenge, who include individuals as well as refugee-aid agencies, would not suffer immediate harm from the order because it provides for waivers. Nor would the aid agencies suffer financially, he said, because they would have fewer refugees to serve, and therefore fewer expenses.

But the ACLU and other lawyers said the list of potential harms is long. Refugees already in the United States will remain separated from families living in dangerous conditions overseas, they said. Other refugees who had expected to come to the United States this fiscal year would not be allowed in. HIAS, the nation's oldest refugee resettlement organization, said it would lose funding and would probably have to lay off employees because of the reduced refugee admissions. The organization used to be known as the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society.

During the hearing, Chuang said it was unclear whether he could order the president to admit all refugees.

The judge also questioned the urgency of the government's review of the visa and refugee vetting process, noting that one report ordered in Trump's first executive order on January 27th was overdue.

“Not that the government always meets deadlines on reports, I understand,” the judge said.

Wall said those reviews are underway.

Near the end of the hearing, Chuang noted the polarization in the case, weighing the safety of refugees against Trump's stated fears for security at home.

“Is there somewhere in between?” the judge asked.

Chuang signaled that he could rule on Wednesday, but lawyers for refugee rights groups said they are also looking to court hearings in Washington state and Hawaii for possible relief. Robart, who blocked Trump's first order, was set to hear the case in Washington on Wednesday.

Trump's first travel ban was a less-detailed directive that abruptly suspended the refugee program, halted travel for all citizens of seven majority-Muslim countries, including travelers who already had been issued visas, and lowered the cap on refugee arrivals.

After parts of that order were frozen, Trump issued the new executive order, giving travelers 10 days’ notice and, government lawyers say, making several significant changes. The order removes Iraq from the list of banned countries, exempts visa and green-card holders, and allows excluded foreigners to apply for waivers to enter the United States.

The order still applies to people who want to come to the United States and are citizens of Iran, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Yemen and Syria. The Department of Homeland Security said on its website that the six nations have been identified as “countries of concern due to the national security risks associated with their instability and the prevalence of terrorist fighters in their territories.”

Government lawyers also alleged in court filings that some refugees have proved to be national security threats. For instance, they said a Somali refugee was convicted of attempting to bomb a Christmas tree-lighting ceremony in Oregon and that the FBI is investigating more than 300 refugees for potential terrorist activities.

But the plaintiffs, led by the International Refugee Assistance Project, said in court filings that the government's evidence about security threats was “implausibly thin.” They said the Somali refugee had lived in the United States since he was a toddler, and that any improved screening could not have predicted his crime. And they said the FBI's claims about 300 investigations are “meaningless” without evidence.

The plaintiffs allege that the Trump administration has retooled its original executive order with the continued goal of discriminating against Muslims. They point to statements by Trump and some of his advisers during the presidential campaign and afterward that, they say, demonstrated an intent to bar Muslims from entering the United States.

“While the revised order differs in some respects from the first, it is no less a reflection of discriminatory intent than the previous version,” they said in legal briefs filed on March 10th.

The refugee rights groups are represented by the American Civil Liberties Union and the National Immigration Law Center.

Kalani Takase reported from Honolulu.

• Maria Sacchetti is The Washington Post's immigration reporter. She previously reported for The Boston Globe.

• Matt Zapotosky covers the Justice Department for The Washington Post's National Security team.

Read more on this topic:

• GRAPHIC: What Trump changed in the new travel ban

• Why Hawaii says Trump's new travel ban is still unconstitutional

• VIDEO: What Trump's revised travel ban misses about terrorist attacks in the U.S.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/lawyers-face-off-on-trump-travel-ban-in-md-court-wednesday-morning/2017/03/14/b2d24636-090c-11e7-93dc-00f9bdd74ed1_story.html
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 02:18:02 pm »

Trump should send all those refugee's to Hawaii put them all on boats and drop them off at night on a beach lol
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 12:00:10 pm »

And now Donald J. Trump is about to get slapped-down by Republican party politicians in Congress and the Senate....

Capitol Hill Republicans not on board with Trump budget

He he he.....ha ha ha....haw haw haw....it will be hugely amusing watching Donald J. Trump spit the dummy and chuck his toys out of the cot when even his own Republican Party go against him in congress.

It will be even more hilarious watching Trump supporters (who are definitely the bluntest knives in the drawer) froth at the mouth when their hero gets slapped down.

Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 05:00:40 pm »

yes the life and death struggle is funny Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Donald
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 07:00:22 pm »

Good to see the republicans have a good electoral win today, reinforcing the position of Trump as president😛
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 10:34:25 pm »

Ah....Georgia....a southern state full of stupid Trump-voting, bible-bashing, gun-toting morons.

They'd vote for Lucifer if he stood on the GOP ticket.

Just like those folks from the Clutha-Southland electorate who will always vote for the Nats, even if the Nats candidate is a stupid little/young twat called Todd Barclay.

I bet you're one of those stupid shit-for-brains rightie twats too, eh?   
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 10:35:40 pm »

Here's some reading for you (I take you aren't too stupid to read?)....

from The Dominion Post....

Baffling questions posed at the checkout counter

By JOE BENNETT | 5:00AM - Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Shopping and the meaning of life…
Shopping and the meaning of life…

“How,”' she said, as I laid my groceries one by one on the black conveyor belt that would carry them gently from me to her, “how has your day been so far?”

Why me? was my first thought. Why had I been singled out for interrogation? I had come to buy groceries. I hadn't come to be questioned. But courtesy required a reply. And besides, once a question like that has been asked, it cannot be unasked. The mental cogs were already whirring. How indeed had my day been so far?

“Well…,” I said, stalling. It's a staple truth of philosophical inquiry that the simplest questions carry the greatest import, that everyday words probe deepest into the pink and quick of life. What is love? Who am I? Why is time? Great minds have wrestled with such questions down the centuries, and mostly lost the bout. How would Plato have handled this one? How would Jesus? More pertinently, how would I?

Was I wrong to detect a note of menace in “so far”, an implication that however rosy things might have been till then, they were about to get significantly darker? “So how has your day been, my friend,” chuckles the Mafia boss to the gagged and writhing underling who is tied to the sort of wooden kitchen chair that Mafia bosses favour in such a scenario, “so far?”

But no, surely not. This was a supermarket. I was the customer. How could there be menace? She scanned a brace of chicken thighs, thighs that I was planning to grill that evening in a slather of yoghurt, garlic, pepper, lemon juice and grated ersatz parmesan, a recipe of my own invention that you are welcome to try, feed to others and pass off as your own. Would it be fitting to make a little joke? “My day's been better than the chook's,” I might say.

But it seemed a cheap response. The chook's day had been no day. It had woken that morning dead. Some software program the day before had chosen it to be plucked from its brief life of captivity and overcrowding, to have its throat slit and its guts sluiced and its carcase dismembered and its amputated thighs strapped to a styrofoam tray to be sold to me, skinned and demeaned, for a buck and a half a piece. How had my day been so far? The question seemed almost cruel, mocking.

But what was she expecting? A single-word answer? How was I meant to compress eight hours of sentience into a single word, eight hours of the diurnal miracle of being? Those hours had been as various and shifting as the clouds of the sky. Take just the opening moments of the day in question. 6.30 in the morning and I'd been asleep, at utter ease, riding the V8 engine of my dreams, when the alarm went off. It was like being stabbed in the brain. It was everything I didn't want. It summoned me from glorious unconsciousness to the cold and dark of deep midwinter and a day without apparent point. How had that day been so far? Well, it had been cruel.

But then 10 minutes later I had coaxed the log burner to flame and I was feeling coffee filter down the route-ways of my flesh to kick-start mind and fingers, and life seemed possible once more. And half an hour later still the dog and I were down on the wharf and the light above the jet black hills of Banks Peninsula was pinkish green and all was frozen silence but for the plaintive mewing of the day's first gulls. How had my day been so far? What, for God's sake, was I meant to say?

I stole a glance at my inquisitor. No sign of fretting at my silence. She was just scanning groceries with the speed of skill and habit. And those groceries, I reflected, told a more honest tale than any words I might dredge up. There was bread and milk, plain food for the organism, to keep on keeping on, as we do without always knowing why. And there was wine for peace of mind of an evening, and dog food for a little love. How had my day been so far? Same as my life, really. Just look in the basket.

She'd done. This was it.

“Eftpos?” she said.

I nodded.

“Look…,” I said, as I tapped in the PIN, “I've tried, but I've found nothing to say. I'm sorry.”

She looked straight at me. “Have you got a good evening planned?” she said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/comment/columnists/93862082
Report Spam   Logged

Donald
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 12:27:28 pm »

😝
Yes the republicans won the elections...and Trump was voted president in a democratic election for how long...
Oh yes
FOUR MORE YEARS
SUCK IT UP AND ENJOY😛

Trump is doing a great job reversing all the stupid Obuma destruction of America and the world😜
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: