Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 05:18:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Somebody please shoot the stupid “orange” idiot/clown....

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somebody please shoot the stupid “orange” idiot/clown....  (Read 276 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: October 14, 2016, 03:57:09 pm »

....he is obviously “fucked-in-the-head” and needs to be put out of his misery!

from The Washington Post....

Amid crisis, Trump spreads another conspiracy theory
 — about his campaign

By JEAN SULLIVAN | 9:37PM EDT - Thursday, October 13, 2016

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump addresses supporters during a campaign rally in Cincinnati on October 13th. — Photograph: Bryan Woolston/Reuters.
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump addresses supporters during a campaign rally in Cincinnati on October 13th.
 — Photograph: Bryan Woolston/Reuters.

DONALD TRUMP has indulged in conspiracy theories about President Obama's birthplace, the FBI's “rigged” probe of Hillary Clinton, the Federal Reserve's “political” agenda and whether Ted Cruz's father was linked to the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

With his presidential campaign in full-blown crisis on Thursday, Trump was at it again, putting a new spin on a familiar tactic.

This time, there was a bigger, badder villain — “a global power structure” of corporate interests, the media and Clinton engaging in subterfuge.

This time, it was about him.

“They knew they would throw every lie they could at me and my family and my loved ones,” said Trump at a rally in West Palm Beach, Florida. “They knew they would stop at nothing to try to stop me. But I never knew, as bad as it would be, I never knew it would be this vile, that it would be this bad, that it would be this vicious.”

In the face of mounting accusations from women that he groped and kissed them without their consent, dozens of media outlets carefully vetting their claims and a Clinton campaign eager to exploit worries about his behavior toward women, Trump decided to lump them together.

“For those who control the levers of power in Washington, and for the global special interests, they partner with these people that don't have your good in mind. Our campaign represents a true existential threat like they haven't seen before,” Trump said.

“He is not just talking about Obama's birth certificate. He is talking about himself,” said Mark Fenster, a University of Florida law professor and author of a 2008 book about conspiracy theories and American culture. “This now becomes a much more personal enterprise about him.”

A day earlier, Trump appeared to allege, without evidence, that House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (Wisconsin) and other GOP elected officials who distanced themselves from him were involved in a mass scheme to undermine him.

“There's a whole deal going on — we're going to figure it out. I always figure things out. But there's a whole sinister deal going on,” he said.

While spreading information ranging from the questionable to the outright inaccurate with no evidence — a distinctive feature of his campaign — Trump often qualifies his ideas by attributing them to unnamed “people” he claims are speaking about them.

Some of the ideas he has embraced have been denounced by critics who charged that they were racially or culturally derogatory.

“.@TeamTrump should avoid rhetoric&tropes that historically have been used ag. Jews & still spur #antisemitism. Lets keep hate out of cmpgn,” Anti-Defamation League chief executive Jonathan Greenblatt tweeted on Thursday. He was responding to Trump's comment that Clinton “meets in secret with international banks to plot the destruction of U.S. sovereignty in order to enrich these global financial powers, her special-interest friends and her donors.”

For years, Trump was at the vanguard of the “birther” movement doubting that Obama was born in the United States despite clear evidence that he was. Only last month did Trump officially put his doubts to rest. In doing so, he falsely blamed Clinton for starting the rumors about Obama.

Last year, Trump said he saw “thousands” of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey as the World Trade Center buildings fell during the September 11th, 2001, attacks.

“There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey, where you have large Arab populations. They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down,” Trump said on ABC News in November. “I know it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it, but there were people cheering as that building came down.”

Fact checkers found no evidence to support his claim.

At the end of the Republican primary, Trump said Cruz's father, Rafael Cruz, was associated with Lee Harvey Oswald around the time he shot Kennedy.

“His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald being, you know, shot,” Trump told Fox News in May. “I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous. What is this? Right? Prior to his being shot. And nobody even brings it up.”

Trump appeared to be talking about a photograph published by the National Enquirer that showed Oswald and another man distributing pro-Castro leaflets in New Orleans in 1963. Cruz's campaign denied that it was his father. No proof emerged supporting Trump's claim.

Federal agencies have not been spared in Trump's unsubstantiated attacks. The Fed, which operates separately from the executive branch, was “being totally controlled politically,” he said during remarks on the economy in New York last month.

“The system is rigged. General Petraeus got in trouble for far less. Very very unfair! As usual, bad judgment,” Trump tweeted in July, in response to the FBI recommending no charges against Clinton over her use of a private email server.

Lately, his rhetoric has become more personal — more about his movement, his supporters and himself.

“We're going to watch Pennsylvania. Go down to certain areas and watch and study, make sure other people don't come in and vote five times,” Trump said at a campaign stop in Altoona, Pennsylvania, in August, voicing concerns about voter fraud that he has repeated with urgency in recent weeks.

Studies have shown that documented instances of voter fraud are very rare and that efforts to tighten voter ID laws affect African Americans and younger voters more heavily than others.

Trump said on Thursday that the world had reached “a moment of reckoning.” He told his backers that his campaign is “not about me; it's about all of you, and it's about our country.” He portrayed the powers he says have banded together to rally against him and his advocates as ruthless and cunning.

“They will attack you; they will slander you; they will seek to destroy your career and your family; they will seek to destroy everything about you, including your reputation,” Trump said. “They will lie, lie, lie, and then again they will do worse than that; they will do whatever is necessary.”

Jose A. DelReal and Jenna Johnson contributed to this report.

• Sean Sullivan has covered national politics for The Washington Post since 2012.

Related stories:

• It's not the ‘locker room’ talk. It's the ‘lock her up’ talk.

• Two speeches in two hours crystallize state of the campaign

• Surrogates explaining away Trump's sexual behavior only seem to make things worse

• Trump isn't just a pig. He's a predator.

• The GOP is history. What about the country?

• Former nuclear launch officers: Trump ‘should not have his finger on the button’

• Trump says groping allegations are part of a global conspiracy to help Clinton

• Donald Trump says his weird interview with a Serbian magazine never happened

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2016/10/13/7e715de4-9186-11e6-a6a3-d50061aa9fae_story.html
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 12:01:14 am »

How Donald Trump reacted when his teleprompters broke down

By JOSE A. DELREAL | 12:09AM - Saturday, October 15, 2016

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump returned to what he said was his preferred mode of public speaking during a campaign rally in Charlotte — without a teleprompter. “I actually like my speech better without teleprompters,” he said. — Photograph: Reuters.
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump returned to what he said was his preferred mode of public speaking during
a campaign rally in Charlotte — without a teleprompter. “I actually like my speech better without teleprompters,” he said.
 — Photograph: Reuters.

CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA — For months, the teleprompters Donald Trump uses at campaign rallies have been a symbol of efforts to keep him “on message” — a sharp departure from the wild, freewheeling speeches that defined his candidacy during the GOP primary, but an acknowledgment of the difficult task of winning a general election.

On Friday, the Republican presidential nominee's teleprompters broke down mid-rally.

“By the way,” he announced abruptly about 20 minutes into his speech, “these teleprompters haven’t been working for the last 20 minutes. And I actually like my speech better without teleprompters.”

It was a ready-made metaphor for the disorder afflicting his campaign, amid a weeks-long string of controversies that include several allegations of sexual misconduct and assault. Even as his advisers continue deliberating on how to respond, Trump has appeared resistant to much of their advice. He has instead signaled that he will move forward in the same way he ran his primary campaign: Without their script, following his own instincts.

The scene here in Charlotte took a turn toward the literal on Friday night. Frustrated, Trump physically dismantled one of the teleprompters. Then he knocked the other one down.

He shared his thoughts on the matter: “You know, it's very funny. I went through 17 professional politicians, top people, and I went without any teleprompters. Then all of a sudden, they said, ‘Well now you’re running the election, you need teleprompters’. And I like tele — they're fine, but it's sort of cooler without it, right? Don't you think? I like it better without it. And it's a little strange when you see this place. I watch Hillary, she's got the biggest pieces of glass. And sometimes they're painted black on the other side, because you see better. And she always just reads off the teleprompter and it's short and then she goes home and she goes to sleep,” he said.

When Trump's speech began here in Charlotte, he was focused heavily on the leaked WikiLeaks emails that have embarrassed Hillary Clinton's campaign. The emphasis on Clinton seemed like a deliberate departure from an earlier event in Greensboro, North Carolina, where he spent a large amount of time denying allegations of sexual assault and drew damaging headlines when he mocked the physical appearances of two women who had accused him.

Then, somewhere along the way, the prompters appear to have cut out.

The ensuing speech was difficult to follow. Trump moved between various topics without dwelling on any single one for an extended period of time. He talked rapidly about defense spending, creating jobs, the Iran nuclear deal and then his vanquished GOP rivals. At one point, he began to wonder aloud who pays for President Obama's use of Air Force One when the president campaigns for Clinton.

To top it all off, the speakers on one side of the room then went out.

“I'll tell you, whoever runs this place is not doing very well,” Trump quipped. “Great job, fellas. So now we don't have to pay for this and now we don't have to pay for that.”

He added: “Who the hell runs this place?”

The campaign needed a disciplined day on message. His campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, joked on Twitter after the speech in Greensboro, North Carolina, that she was one of the supporters in the back of the event who kept shouting, “Stay on the issues!” At one point in Charlotte, Conway appeared in the press filing area and spoke to reporters: “He's always on message, don't you think?”

Trump appeared ready to wrap up several times, only to find himself taking on another sweeping range of topics. At one point, within a single five-minute frame he discussed:

• Iran's nuclear capabilities

• General George Patton

• Political correctness

• The fight in Mosul

• Why politicians shouldn't reveal military plans

• Patton, again

• Endorsements he's received from admirals and generals

• His grasp of policy issues

• The second presidential debate

• Clinton's use of the debate stage, and the accusations that he invaded her space

• The debate moderators

• His accusation that Clinton invaded his space

• Mosul, again

• The Iran nuclear deal

• Global warming

• Nuclear proliferation

• Russia

• Hillary Clinton's judgment

• Bernie Sanders' primary election attacks against Clinton

• WikiLeaks

• The “rigged” election system

The crowd, regardless of the teleprompters or the microphone or the speech, cheered enthusiastically as he joked with them. And they agreed when he asked if they were having a good time.

“I just want to say this. When you look back — and we all had a good time even though your speakers were no good, your teleprompters were no good. As long as Trump was good, that's what matters,” Trump said. “But you're going to look back at this evening, you're going to say, ‘Hey, I had a good time’. But you're going to go home and in 15 years, 25 years —  hopefully longer than that — you're going to look back at this evening and say this was a very important evening of your life.”

• Jose A. DelReal covers national politics for The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/14/how-donald-trump-reacted-when-his-teleprompters-broke-down
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 03:58:28 pm »

Inside Donald Trump's echo chamber of conspiracies, grievances and vitriol

By PHILIP RUCKER and ROBERT COSTA | 5:51PM EDT - Sunday, October 16, 2016

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump delivers a campaign speech Thursday in West Palm Beach, Florida. — Photograph: Evan Vucci/Associated Press.
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump delivers a campaign speech Thursday in West Palm Beach, Florida.
 — Photograph: Evan Vucci/Associated Press.

HE IS preaching to the converted. He is lashing out at anyone who is not completely loyal. He is detaching himself from and delegitimizing the institutions of American political life. And he is proclaiming conspiracies everywhere — in polls (rigged), in debate moderators (biased) and in the election itself (soon to be stolen).

In the presidential campaign’s home stretch, Donald Trump is fully inhabiting his own echo chamber. The Republican nominee has turned inward, increasingly isolated from the country's mainstream and leaders of his own party, and determined to rouse his most fervent supporters with dire warnings that their populist movement could fall prey to dark and collusive forces.

This is a campaign right out of Breitbart, the incendiary conservative website run until recently by Stephen K. Bannon, now the Trump campaign's chief executive — and it is an act of retaliation.

A turbulent few weeks punctuated by allegations of sexual harassment have left Trump trailing Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in nearly every swing state. Trump's gamble is that igniting his army of working-class whites could do more to put him in contention than any sort of broad, tempered appeal to undecided voters.

The execution has been volatile. Since announcing last week that “the shackles have been taken off me,” Trump, bolstered by allies on talk radio and social media, has been creating an alternate reality — one full of innuendo about Clinton, tirades about the unfair news media and prophecies of Trump's imminent triumph.

The candidate once omnipresent across the “mainstream media” these days largely limits his interviews to the safe harbor of the opinion shows on Fox News, and most of them are with Sean Hannity, a Trump supporter and informal counselor.

Many Republicans see the Trump campaign's latest incarnation as a mirror into the psyche of their party's restive base: pulsating with grievance and vitriol, unmoored from conservative orthodoxy, and deeply suspicious of the fast-changing culture and the consequences of globalization.

“I think Trump is right: The shackles have been released, but they were the shackles of reality,” said Mike Murphy, a veteran GOP strategist. “Trump has now shifted to a mode of complete egomaniacal self-indulgence. If he's going to go off with these merry alt-right pranksters and only talk to people who vote Republican no matter what, he's going to lose the election substantially.”

Even retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, a Trump supporter and adviser, acknowledged the difficulties for Trump. He said the nominee's understanding of what motivates his base is “what got him through the primaries. The problem for him is that you have to expand that in order to win a general election. What's out there is powerful, but not enough.”

For Bannon and legions of Trump fans, Trump's approach is not only a relished escalation of his combativeness, but also a chance to reshape the GOP in Trump's hard-line nationalist image.

“This is a hostile takeover,” said former House speaker Newt Gingrich (Republican), a Trump ally. “They believe the media is their mortal enemy and the country is in mortal danger, that Hillary Clinton would end America as we know it.”

Gingrich continued: “This is not only about beating Hillary Clinton. It's about breaking the elite media, which has become the phalanx of the establishment.”

Trump's strategy was crystallized by his defiant speech Thursday in West Palm Beach, Florida, in which he brazenly argued that the women who have accused him of unwanted kissing and groping were complicit in a global conspiracy of political, business and media elites to slander him and extinguish his outsider campaign.

“It's a global power structure,” he said. Trump went on to describe himself as a populist martyr — “I take all of these slings and arrows gladly for you” — and posited: “This is not simply another four-year election. This is a crossroads in the history of our civilization that will determine whether or not we the people reclaim control over our government.”

Two days earlier, Trump was in Panama City Beach on Florida's culturally conservative panhandle sketching out his universe. His rally was outdoors after sunset. The amphitheater's capacity was 7,500, and there were large pockets of empty space, but a man came on the loudspeakers with an announcement: This was a record crowd of 10,000 people, with an additional 10,000 outside the perimeter.

When Trump strode out, he one-upped his announcer. “I guess we have 11,200 here, and outside we have over 10,000 people!”

So it went for the next 50 minutes as Trump told a patchwork of exaggerations and falsehoods about what he deemed his criminal opponent and the libelous news media conspiring to elect her.

“The election of Hillary Clinton will lead to the destruction of our country,” Trump said. “Believe me.”

One of his believers was Chris Ricker, 49, an electrician. Trump's slogans are his slogans — Ricker's T-shirt read: “Hillary Clinton for Prison” — and Trump's enemies are his enemies. “I watch Fox News 100 percent, but can you put down that I hate Megyn Kelly?” he asked.

Pointing at the crowd, Ricker said: “See this right here? This is a revolution.”

Ricker got to talking about Clinton and her “secret microphone” at the first debate. He was indignant when a reporter stated that Clinton had no such device: “Dude, where are you at? You haven't seen the videos? There was somebody sitting backstage giving her answers. It's all corrupt.”

By week's end, a new conspiracy was born. Trump insinuated during a rally Saturday in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, that Clinton may be taking drugs.

“We should take a drug test prior [to the next debate], because I don't know what's going on with her,” Trump said. “At the beginning of her last debate she was all pumped up at the beginning, and at the end it was like, ‘Oh, take me down’.”

The impact of Trump's provocations could extend beyond Election Day. Again and again, Trump has ominously predicted a “stolen election.” In Pennsylvania, for instance, he has instructed his rural white supporters to go to Philadelphia, a city with a large black population, to stand watch for voter fraud.

On Friday in Charlotte, another diverse city, Trump said: “The election is rigged. It's rigged to like you have never seen before. They're rigging the system.”

Departing from the norms of American democracy, Trump appears to be laying the foundation to contest the results, should he lose, and delegitimize a Clinton presidency in the minds of his followers.

Trump's echo chamber is not altogether new. It is a more nationalistic and racially charged strain of the one most elected Republicans have inhabited for two decades. Conservative talk radio and Fox News, which rose to prominence in the late 1990s, became for party leaders a retreat and a source of power.

But in recent years this echo chamber has evolved from being an arm of the party into an unpredictable and sprawling orbit of the American right. Starting with the Tea Party movement in the early years of Barack Obama's presidency, fury over what activists saw as a capitulating GOP establishment created a vacuum for someone or something to take hold.

Enter Trump, who promised total disruption and whose movement has been fueled not only by talk radio and television personalities, but also by a galaxy of blogs, websites and super PACs that saw money to be made and influence to be gained. Together they fed on false theories such as challenging President Obama's birthplace in Hawaii, and the connective tissue for their working-class rage has been the threat of illegal immigration.

Obama described this world as a “swamp of crazy that has been fed over and over and over and over again.”

“Donald Trump, as he's prone to do, he didn't build the building himself, but he just slapped his name on it and took credit for it,” Obama said on Thursday in a speech in Columbus, Ohio.

Trump's worldview extends beyond what is published on Breitbart, which specializes in turbocharged coverage of illegal immigration and unproved theories about Obama and Clinton. Still, Bannon, who has been traveling with Trump daily, shares with him the latest Breitbart material and helps him hone lines slamming the Clintons. He tells Trump that he is the American incarnation of populist movements rising in capitals around the world, such as Brexit in Britain.

Senator Jeff Sessions (Republican-Alabama) — who has excoriated the “masters of the universe” obsessed with open borders — is another conduit and confidant, as is Trump's policy maven and speechwriter, Stephen Miller, a former Sessions adviser.

Then there is Roger Stone, Trump's longtime adviser and provocateur who has published conspiratorial writings about the Clintons. From Stone one can trace Trump's political bloodline to Alex Jones, who runs the website Infowars.com, which has trafficked in stories about the September 11th, 2001, terrorist attacks being a tyrannical government conspiracy.

Trump sat for an interview with Jones in late 2015 in which Jones spoke about the United States becoming a “third-world nation” and “globalists that want to have a world government.” Trump nodded along.

Jones more recently has called Obama and Clinton “demon possessed,” smelling of sulfur and attracting flies. At the second debate, Trump picked up on that characterization, labeling Clinton “the devil.” And it was Stone, in a recent interview with Infowars, who introduced the unfounded theory advanced on the stump by Trump that Clinton was “jacked up on something” in the second debate.

Clinton has admonished Trump for taking what she calls “a radical fringe” into the political mainstream, and her advisers have watched with disgust as Trump has crafted a closing message rooted in dark conspiracies.

“It would be laughable that a Republican nominee for president would have allowed his campaign to be overtaken by Breitbart and Infowars, except that it is a very dangerous and cynical thing to do to try to convince voters of these lies,” said Jennifer Palmieri, the Clinton campaign's communications director.

Trump may not be a fleeting example of how an outsider will use this alt-right ecosystem to build a base of national support from outside of the Republican mainstream. Carson said he saw firsthand how these forces could propel a political outsider to the top tier of the presidential nominating contest.

“There were a lot of people who supported me who recognized that the Democrats and the Republicans were often one and the same,” Carson said. “They saw them as one establishment, and they put the media together with it.”

• Philip Rucker is a national political correspondent for The Washington Post, where he has reported since 2005.

• Robert Costa is a national political reporter at The Washington Post.

Related stories:

• Trump claims election is ‘rigged’ and calls for pre-debate drug tests

• Trump says groping allegations are part of a global conspiracy to help Clinton

• A generation of GOP stars may be diminished: ‘Everything Trump touches dies’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-donald-trumps-echo-chamber-of-conspiracies-grievances-and-vitriol/2016/10/16/1c3c6a72-921e-11e6-9c85-ac42097b8cc0_story.html
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 11:11:18 pm »

Look deep into my eyes and believe me i am the Clinton News Network Hillary is a goddess perfect in every way

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:56:17 pm by Im2Sexy4MyPants » Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 12:28:17 pm »

Mark Morford

Trump: The final meltdown

By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist | 1:17PM PDT - Monday, October 17, 2016

Election day, 2016 (emotionally speaking).
Election day, 2016 (emotionally speaking).

TIME is getting compressed. The country feels cramped and frantic, everything more than a little unhinged.

Have you noticed? The sound and fury increasing, a palpable sense of desperation underscoring the headlines as the weirdest, meanest, most surreal election cycle in your lifetime careens to its inevitable and blessed end? Of course you have.

What's your prediction? Will Trump ultimately explode into a million shards of snakes and bats? Will Hillary maintain her miraculous energy, grace and composure when faced with the Orange Monster sniffing, leering and looming over her at the final debate? Will Trump's increasingly toxic, inbred army of deplorables spontaneously combust into a fiery cloud of garbled screams and fetid oilsmoke? Of course they will.

What of the ogre himself? Will new tapes emerge to condemn Trump even further? Will he be revealed to have, I don't know, punched some immigrant children in the face? Groped some sheep? Filmed caboosing Putin and Assad on a three-man jet-ski off the coast of Crimea?

Why not? Nothing seems implausible at this violently unprecedented moment in American history. We are at that nasty final stage, a brutal crux that seems incapable of getting any darker or more repellant, right until it does. As the ever-excellent Rebecca Solnit put it, we're at a point “When you can't tell if your country is going to have an election or file for a restraining order or whether those are the same thing now.”

Hillary was only half joking when she quipped “I'm the last thing between you and the apocalypse” in a recent profile of her campaign in these final weeks, even though every poll has her surging well ahead — though still not as far ahead as you'd think, given how her opponent is imploding like a psychotic nuclear warhead, essentially declaring all women to be ugly gold-digging wenches, the election is rigged, “international banks” are in secret control and every poll everywhere is wrong, even as GOP leaders (and donors) continue to flee, en masse.

Even more astonishing? We've reached a point in the republic where the First Lady of the United States cannot help but deliver one of the most powerful, emotionally raw speeches in modern history, one decrying a presidential candidate's abhorrent treatment of women and his frightening absence of basic human decency — and even that's only one of this election's most telling moments.

His fist, the world's face.
His fist, the world's face.

Turns out the Orange Monster is parody-able after all! And man does he HATE it.
Turns out the Orange Monster is parody-able after all! And man does he HATE it.

All told, there is only one thing Trump has done better than anyone — aside, of course, from mocking and manipulating the media (and then laughably declaring the entire industry to be on Clinton's payroll) — and that's to weaponize his furious, terrified base.

They are his troll army, a bucket of acid hurled in the face of thoughtfulness and compassion. In their eyes, Trump is a authoritarian mastermind beyond compare, Jim Jones crossed with Charles Manson with a Stalin chaser, coming at you in a giant, ill-fitting suit and a big shiny plane. Trump has played them brilliantly; the more vile and immoral he gets, the more they transmute it into virtue.

Trump hisses about locking up Hillary? They cheer wildly. Trump nastily counter-attacks yet another woman accusing him of groping her or grabbing her crotch? They leer and chortle. Trump bashes Muslims, Mexicans, China, Paul Ryan, Elizabeth Warren, PolitiFact, foreign leaders and SNL and climate change, declaring it all part of a vast, Hillary-controlled conspiracy to keep America's raging white males in check? Like heroin for an army of addicts.

Here's the essential question: Is this gnarled militia big enough to win Trump the election? Not even close.

But it's absolutely sufficient to serve as a ready-made, built-in audience for Trump Media (or whatever he calls it) the savage conspiracy nutball venture Trump seems almost certain to launch after getting crushed in the election.

And why not? His team is already in place: He's got former Breitbart CEO Stephen Bannon and disgraced Fox News chief/famed sexual harrasser Roger Ailes, two of the most unsavory, journalism-hating white males ever to grace an election team, as hood ornaments.

Dear Hillary: Hurry up and win exceedingly big, already.
Dear Hillary: Hurry up and win exceedingly big, already.

A Trump rally: Where to go for the finest in all-American racism, sexism, itchy violence, a near-completely absence of compassion or nuance.
A Trump rally: Where to go for the finest in all-American racism, sexism, itchy violence,
a near-completely absence of compassion or nuance.

Has this been Trump's overall strategy all along, to build a bilious, incite-'em-to-violence media empire? Hard to say. He's not exactly one for deep intelligence or cunning foresight. Trump merely goes wherever his blathering, flatulent ego gets magnified the most — and right now, there's only one place on the planet that does it: his own rallies.

A Trump rally, in case you haven't read the innumerable terrifying accounts, is a most pugnacious slice of sociocultural hell. The world may be against him, leaders of all parties, companies, nations cannot distance themselves fast enough; his companies are failing and women loathe him and SNL mocks him ruthlessly; he has not a kind or genuinely thoughtful word for anyone anywhere and his humanity and heart appear to have been replaced by razor blades and turpentine — but oh, Trump still has a goddamn blast at his own rallies. They worship him. Everywhere else on the planet? Not so much.

Prediction: After the election, Trump will bind himself in his nutshell of bile and hate, and call himself the king of infinite space. Trump Media will vomit into existence, a bit of vituperative cultural cancer eager to sicken anyone who comes near.

As for the rest of us: The nation will quickly (albeit woozily) right itself, Hillary and Co. will bring intelligence, grace and clarity back to the national debate as finally, for the first time in more than a year, every other headline will not feature another outrage wrought of a venomous, morally putrefied sexual abuser with a thing for puerile, megalomaniacal tweets. Can you imagine?

Email: Mark Morford

Mark Morford on Twitter and Facebook.

http://blog.sfgate.com/morford/2016/10/17/trump-the-final-meltdown
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: