Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 04:00:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Cry-baby Trump: “Mummy, Mummy … the moderator was horrible to me!”

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cry-baby Trump: “Mummy, Mummy … the moderator was horrible to me!”  (Read 247 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: September 28, 2016, 09:22:57 pm »

from The Washington Post....

As Clinton builds on a strong debate, Trump lobs attacks and complaints

By PHILIP RUCKER, ROBERT COSTA and MATEA GOLD | 9:32PM EDT - Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Donald Trump speaks as Hillary Clinton gestures during the debate. — Photograph: Jewel Samad/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images.
Donald Trump speaks as Hillary Clinton gestures during the debate. — Photograph: Jewel Samad/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images.

HILLARY CLINTON moved to capitalize throughout Tuesday on a sharp-edged debate performance that exposed vulnerabilities for Donald Trump, excoriating his values and character in an effort to expand her coalition of women, minorities and young voters.

Trump, meanwhile, scrambled to move his campaign forward. While the Republican nominee insisted that he was not unnerved, he and his advisers grasped at excuses to explain why he did not perform better at the first presidential debate on Monday night.

Trump on Tuesday was unrepentant and eager to defend his past, denigrating a former beauty pageant winner whom he targeted as his latest foil and vowing to attack Clinton over her husband's marital infidelities in their next showdown.

In a country divided over two historically unpopular candidates, Trump's turn is unlikely to shake his core support. But Democrats said they felt assured that Trump's hot temperament, scattered demeanor and series of statements that left him exposed to further scrutiny would make it increasingly difficult for him to win over the undecided voters he has been courting, especially moderate white women.

“I look back as a former practitioner and say, ‘Is there anything Donald Trump did to convince somebody who wasn't in his column to be for him?’” said David Plouffe, President Obama's former campaign manager. “I have a hard time thinking there's many of those people. I don't think he lost anybody. But that's not his challenge now. He's got to add.”

Clinton was ebullient as she returned to the campaign trail Tuesday in Raleigh, North Carolina, and strove to keep alive the controversies that marred Trump's debate performance.

“The real point is about temperament and fitness and qualification to hold the most important, hardest job in the world, and I think people saw last night some very clear differences between us,” Clinton told reporters aboard her campaign plane en route to North Carolina.

Trump did little to change the subject. In a Tuesday morning interview on Fox News Channel, he said debate moderator Lester Holt, the anchor of “NBC Nightly News”, was biased, and the Republican complained about the quality of his microphone. Clinton jabbed him for that, telling reporters, “Anybody who complains about the microphone is not having a good night.”

Trump also disparaged a former Miss Universe pageant winner, Alicia Machado, for her physique. In the debate, Clinton raised Trump's past comments about the Venezuela-born woman, who was crowned Miss Universe at age 19 in 1996.

“He called this woman ‘Miss Piggy’, and then he called her ‘Miss Housekeeping’, because she is Latina,” Clinton said in one of the debate's more electric exchanges.

The next morning, Trump offered an indignant defense of how he dealt with Machado when he was a partner in the company that owned the Miss Universe contest.

“She was the worst we ever had,” he said on Fox, adding: “She gained a massive amount of weight, and it was a real problem.”

The Clinton campaign sought to advance the story across media platforms, releasing a Web video featuring the beauty queen-turned-actor, now a U.S. citizen who lives in California, and arranging a conference call for reporters with Machado, who described the election as “like a bad dream.”

Like Trump's feud this summer with the Muslim parents of a dead U.S. soldier, the Machado episode rapidly emerged as a microcosm of the campaign — and a test of whether Trump can expand his support beyond his base of aggrieved white voters, most of them men.

Mike Murphy, a veteran Republican strategist who has been critical of the party's nominee, said Trump's comments about Machado were “hugely tone deaf.” The debate overall, he said, was for many Republicans “an ‘Oh, crap’ moment. If you thought he had a spring in his step for the last few weeks and was getting back in the hunt, that's pretty much gone.”

Few of Trump's supporters went so far as to crown him the victor. House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (Republican-Wisconsin), who has been a weather vane for the Republican leadership during this election season, was supportive though muted at a Tuesday news conference. He told reporters that Trump gave a “unique, Donald Trump response to the status quo.”

“I think he gave a spirited argument,” Ryan said, “and I think he passed a number of thresholds.”

Trump's backers insisted that the debate would not damage his standing in the close race with Clinton. Representative Peter T. King (Republican-New York) said, “As far as the temperament, that’s how he's been for the last 15 months. It got him to the top…. He does have the feistiness that I think 51 percent of the American people will like.”

William J. Bennett, who served in President Ronald Reagan’s Cabinet, said of Trump: “When he loses his temper a little bit, many people see that as passion and as someone who’s engaged in the fight and in what he believes. People forgive that — and a leopard can’t change his spots.”

It will take several days before the political impact of Monday's debate becomes clear, but many Republicans said they were bracing for Clinton to get a bump in the polls. An estimated 84 million people watched the clash at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, making it the most-watched presidential debate in history.

The event reverberated around the globe. Former Mexican president Vicente Fox said Trump's behavior should alarm world leaders because he revealed himself to be “ignorant” and “dangerous”.

“When he speaks about the geoeconomic situation and the geopolitical situation and terrorism, he’s absolutely ignorant, and he’s only provoking us democratic leaders from around the world to reject everything he’s proposing,” Fox, who watched the debate on Mexican television, said in a telephone interview. “He is an imperialistic gringo.”

In the United States, the risk for Trump is that a negative impression sets in on shows such as NBC's “Saturday Night Live”, on social media and in workplace conversations.

Democrats sought to taunt Trump on his uneven performance, particularly given his regular attacks on Clinton's “stamina” and appearance.

“He seemed unable to handle that big stage, and I really did feel that by the end, with the kind of snorting, the water gulping and the leaning on the lectern, that he just seemed really out of gas,” said Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta.

Trump previewed an even more combative second debate, October 9th in St. Louis, by saying he might “hit her harder,” perhaps over former president Bill Clinton's affairs.

“I really eased up because I didn't want to hurt anyone’s feelings,” Trump said on Fox, saying he would have brought up “the many affairs that Bill Clinton had” but held back because the Clintons' daughter, Chelsea, was in the audience.

“I didn't think it was worth the shot,” he said. “I didn't think it was nice.”

Hillary Clinton shrugged off the threat, telling reporters: “He can run his campaign however he chooses. I will continue to talk about what I want to do for the American people.”

Clinton campaigned at a community college gymnasium in Raleigh to whoops and loud applause. “One down, two to go,” she said of the debates.

During a campaign rally in Melbourne, Florida on Tuesday evening, Trump said that Clinton is “a woman that I think is virtually incompetent, certainly as secretary of state.” He called her incompetent repeatedly throughout the rally.

“We're going to get rid of that crooked woman. She's a crooked woman. She's a very, very dishonest woman,” Trump said.

For Democrats, Trump provided what Plouffe called “an embarrassment of riches” at the debate — a series of controversial statements and unresolved, damaging questions. He seemed to affirm that he paid no income taxes; he made side remarks and pained expressions while Clinton praised the vibrancy of African Americans; he said it was a smart business strategy to profit from the housing crash.

Vice President Biden seized on that last point at a rally for Clinton in Philadelphia, where he charged that Trump has no “moral center”.

“This is a guy who said it was good business for him to see the housing market fail,” Biden said. “What in the hell is he talking about?”

Clinton and a brigade of high-profile surrogates plan to continue using Trump's debate comments against him. She will campaign in New Hampshire on Wednesday with Senator Bernie Sanders (Independent-Vermont), hoping to energize young voters there with a discussion of college affordability, while first lady Michelle Obama will stump across Pennsylvania on Thursday.

“He put a lot on the table — a lot of things that are not true and a lot of views that we think are counter to where most voters are,” said Jennifer Palmieri, Clinton's communications director. “It won't end tomorrow. There's a lot that will live on from this debate.”

Anne Gearan in Raleigh, North Carolina, Jenna Johnson in Melbourne, Florida, and Jose DelReal in Washington contributed to this report.

• Philip Rucker is a national political correspondent for The Washington Post, where he has reported since 2005.

• Robert Costa is a national political reporter at The Washington Post.

• Matea Gold is a national political reporter for The Washington Post, covering money and influence.

Read more on this topic:

• PHOTOGRAPH GALLERY: Clinton and Trump clash during first presidential debate in New York

• Why even Republicans think Clinton won the first debate

• The real Trump showed up at Hofstra. Republicans must live with it.

• Undecided voters gasped when Trump bragged about not paying taxes

• Trump's night of sniffles and screw-ups

• Trump is too much of a wacko bird to be an albatross

• Fact-checking Trump's claim about a racial discrimination lawsuit

• Clinton's big move after the debate? North Carolina.

• Trump's attacks on her weight are ‘a bad dream’ for former Miss Universe

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-clinton-builds-on-a-strong-debate-trump-lobs-attacks-and-complaints/2016/09/27/6bb4cd2e-84cc-11e6-92c2-14b64f3d453f_story.html
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 12:20:41 am »

i thought he was being nice unlike hillary and all her media snakes
my guess is next time he will take the gloves and rip lying hillary and her media cronies a new arsehole
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 10:21:34 am »

LESTER HOLT: ANDROID, WISDOM FIGURE, COMPUTER BRAIN
The synthetic guide with a touch of humanity built in

Others have pointed out how many times debate moderator Lester Holt slanted criticism toward Trump, rather than Hillary. Others have suggested Hillary and Holt were a tag-team, with Hillary throwing hand signals to Holt indicating she was ready to hit Trump with a zinger.

On a different level…
Watching the debate-host, Holt, working his way through Trump vs. Hillary, sitting in his chair, bathed in a spotlight glow against a sea of total darkness, eerie metallic glimmers reflecting from his glasses, I was reminded of Dr. Eldon Tyrell, the barely human chairman of the corporation that designed androids in the film Blade Runner.
—Holt, the man who had the script and the questions and the facts at his immediate disposal. The brain. The wisdom figure. The synthetic guide with a touch of humanity built in.
Quite an archetype.
As I pointed out recently, the ridiculous notion of a debate with a moderator is modern. When Lincoln and Douglas famously debated slavery for hours at a time, over the course of several weeks, there was no intermediary voice. One man spoke for an hour, and then the other man spoke for an hour.
The moderator is a prop, a pretense of introducing objectivity into the proceeding.
The moderator is the “voice of rationality,” as it were. From that perch, he can, of course, slant the event—and Holt certainly did.
His dry speech patterns, in fact, resembled those of Barack Obama, when the President is reciting script.
Watching Holt operate, I was also reminded of the technocratic wet dream of a human brain hooked up to a computer, from which emanates undeniable wisdom.
Holt adopted the persona of a machine, and he pulled it off.
Which means? This is where the world is heading, if the technocrats have anything to say about it. You “need the best data—and one day soon you’ll get the data from a computer your brain is connected to. All will be well.”
Holt is also NBC’s national news anchor, which means he tells the stories of our time, every night, to millions of tranced viewers who are seeking a voice not their own.
Anchor and debate moderator—a powerful combination.
Hypnotically commanding.
Replay the debate moment when, out of nowhere, Holt’s words suddenly crackled like dry autumn leaves: “[Stop and frisk] was ruled unconstitutional.”
The narrator thus spake.
A brain not their own…a voice not their own…a narrator of reality…a fount of instant wisdom…the answer from on high…there are many, many people who want those things, and they want them embodied in a machine-like structure that assures them of dispassionate “honesty.”
Holt provided.
It’s no surprise that giant television networks have made these debates their own property. After all, the companies consider the events media-moments. Hosting them and appointing the moderators is no different from designing and presenting the nightly news broadcasts.
Of course, when you stop and think about this arrangement for debates, it’s absurd. Why would Lester Holt be more qualified to guide the proceeding than a car mechanic from Peoria?
Why have a guide at all?
Why allow media companies or government entities or even non-profit organizations a place in the debates? The two ruling political parties are the correct sponsors. We’re watching their candidates.
Holt was a well-groomed device. A hint of the near-future. A figure of “just-enough-authority” sitting in the darkness, dispensing voice-of-god to the masses, backed up by a production crew with split-screen, miced-up, podium-on-stage technology to provide a fatuous imitation of a real debate.
Instead, let there be a stage in a glen. Two or three television cameras. Let there be a topic. Foreign policy. Hillary ascends the stage and speaks for an hour. Then she leaves. Trump appears. He talks for 90 minutes. Then Hillary comes back for 30 minutes. The candidates never speak to each other. There is no moment-to-moment exchange of daggers or jokes or gotchas. This isn’t entertainment. It isn’t grins or hair or dress or tie or teeth.
If there is a moderator, he stands down off-stage and to the side, grumpy and frowning, holding an umbrella in case it rains. He reads a book while the candidates speak, he eats a hot dog. He combs and re-combs his hair. He waits. He thinks about his 20-dollar-an-hour salary. He must remain absolutely silent.
He’s an actual prop put there to remind people of a time when things were different, when the so-called news was delivered by media stars, who competed to see which ones were the most clever at inventing reality that seemed factual, but wasn’t.
In a world with a shred of sanity, that’s what Lester Holt would be doing.
What is modern television news (including debate moderation)?
From their perch, anchors can deign to allow a trickle of sympathy here, a slice of compassion there.
But they let the audience know that objectivity is their central mission. “We have to get the story right.” “You can rely on us for that.”
This is the great PR arch of national network news. “These facts are what’s really happening and we’re giving them to you.” The networks spend untold millions to convey that false assurance.
The anchor is the narrative voice of his time, for all people everywhere. The voice that replaces what is going on in the heads of his audience—all those doubts and confusions and objections in the heads of the great unwashed. The anchor will replace those and substitute his own plot line.
The network anchor is The Wizard Of Is. He keeps explaining what is. “Here’s something that is, and then over here we have something else that is, and now, just in, a new thing that is.” He lays down miles of “is-concrete” to pave over deeper, uncomfortable, unimaginable truth.
The anchor must become comfortable with having very little personality of his own. On air, the anchor is neutral, a castratus, a eunuch.
This is a time-honored ancient tradition. The eunuch, by his diminished condition, has the trust of the ruler. He guards the emperor’s inner sanctum. He acts as a buffer between his master and the people. He applies the royal seal to official documents.
Essentially, the anchor is saying, “See, I’m ascetic in the service of truth. Why would I hamstring myself this way unless my mission is sincere objectivity?”
All expressed shades of emotion occur and are managed within that persona of the dependable court eunuch. The anchor who can move the closest to the line of being human without actually arriving there is the champion.
The vibrating string between eunuch and human is the frequency that makes an anchor great. Think Cronkite, Chet Huntley, Edward R Murrow.
The public expects to hear that vibrating string. It’s been conditioned by many hard nights at the tube, watching the news.
There are other reasons for “voice-neutrality” of the anchor. Neutrality conveys a sense of science. “We did the experiment in the lab and this is how it turned out.”
Neutrality gives assurance that everything is under control.
Neutrality implies: we, the news division, don’t have to make money (a lie); we’re on a higher plane; we’re performing a public service; we’re like a responsible charity.
The other night, Lester Holt was the machine-like agent of the Cosmic Charity of All Souls dedicated to higher wisdom from an unimpeachable source. That was his role and he played it.
“I take no sides. I have no opinions. I am objectivity personified. I am…The Fact Checker.”

Jon Rappoport
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 10:26:09 am »

Yeah, I see Trump is threatening to drag up Bill's past infidelities in the next presidential candidates' debate.

Except that the moment he does that, he will open himself up to Hillary dragging up his history of infidelities to his numerous wives, as well as generally treating women like shit/dogs/sluts, etc.

Bring it on.....watch Trump really lose the plot when things turn to his despicable history of treating women badly.

The idiot will probably be dumb enough to open himself up to that sort of exposure too!

Watch Trump go running off to Fox News crying, “Mummy … Mummy … Mummy” when it happens.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 10:27:50 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 02:27:14 pm »

1998 was that the year your mom first caught you wanking

Yeah, I see Trump is threatening to drag up Bill's past infidelities in the next presidential candidates' debate

it's not infidelities it's rape  and sexual harassment after which hillary done a great job of threatening the multiple women and generally helping bill cover it all up maybe you should look for this in fact check but i doubt they would have that.

bill likes to bite the women on their lip while he rapes them hes a kinky fella and now there's a lot of women about to come out of the woodwork and speak out about all this as a group

news you wont see on hillarys mainstream propaganda news sites

Flight logs show Bill Clinton flew on sex offender's jet much more than previously known

Epstein, (inset left), and Clinton flew together at least 26 times on the disgraced financier's "Lolita Express." (John Coates, airport-data.com)

Former President Bill Clinton was a much more frequent flyer on a registered sex offender’s infamous jet than previously reported, with flight logs showing the former president taking at least 26 trips aboard the “Lolita Express” -- even apparently ditching his Secret Service detail for at least five of the flights, according to records obtained by FoxNews.com.

Clinton’s presence aboard Jeffrey Epstein’s Boeing 727 on 11 occasions has been reported, but flight logs show the number is more than double that, and trips between 2001 and 2003 included extended junkets around the world with Epstein and fellow passengers identified on manifests by their initials or first names, including “Tatiana.” The tricked-out jet earned its Nabakov-inspired nickname because it was reportedly outfitted with a bed where passengers had group sex with young girls.

“Bill Clinton … associated with a man like Jeffrey Epstein, who everyone in New York, certainly within his inner circles, knew was a pedophile,” said Conchita Sarnoff, of the Washington, D.C. based non-profit Alliance to Rescue Victims of Trafficking, and author of a book on the Epstein case called "TrafficKing." “Why would a former president associate with a man like that?”

Epstein, who counts among his pals royal figures, heads of state, celebrities and fellow billionaires, spent 13 months in prison and home detention for solicitation and procurement of minors for prostitution. He allegedly had a team of traffickers who procured girls as young as 12 to service his friends on “Orgy Island,” an estate on Epstein's 72-acre island, called Little St. James, in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Virginia Roberts, 32, who claims she was pimped out by Epstein at age 15, has previously claimed she saw Clinton at Epstein’s getaway in 2002, but logs do not show Clinton aboard any flights to St. Thomas, the nearest airport capable of accommodating Epstein's plane. They do show Clinton flying aboard Epstein’s plane to such destinations as Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, China, Brunei, London, New York, the Azores, Belgium, Norway, Russia and Africa.

Among those regularly traveling with Clinton were Epstein’s associates, New York socialite Ghislaine Maxwell and Epstein’s assistant, Sarah Kellen, both of whom were investigated by the FBI and Palm Beach Police for recruiting girls for Epstein and his friends.

Official flight logs filed with the Federal Aviation Administration show Clinton traveled on some of the trips with as many as 10 U.S. Secret Service agents. However, on a five-leg Asia trip between May 22 and May 25, 2002, not a single Secret Service agent is listed. The U.S. Secret Service has declined to answer multiple Freedom of Information Act requests filed by FoxNews.com seeking information on these trips. Clinton would have been required to file a form to dismiss the agent detail, a former Secret Service agent told FoxNews.com.

In response to a separate FOIA request from FoxNews.com, the U.S. Secret Service said it has no records showing agents were ever on the island with Clinton.

A Clinton spokesperson did not return emails requesting comment about the former president’s relationship and travels with Epstein. The Clinton Library said it had no relevant information and does not keep track of Clinton’s travel records.

Martin Weinberg, Epstein’s current attorney, did not respond to multiple inquiries. Epstein said in a court filing said that he and his associates “have been the subject of the most outlandish and offensive attacks, allegations, and plain inventions.”

However, hundreds of pages of court records, including reports from police and FBI agents, reviewed by FoxNews.com, show Epstein was under law enforcement scrutiny for more than a year.

Police in Palm Beach, Fla., launched a year-long investigation in 2005 into Epstein after parents of a 14-year-old girl said their daughter was sexually abused by him. Police interviewed dozens of witnesses, confiscated his trash, performed surveillance and searched his Palm Beach mansion, ultimately identifying 20 girls between the ages of 14 and 17 who they said were sexually abused by Epstein.

In 2006, at the request of Palm Beach Police, the FBI launched a federal probe into allegations that Epstein and his personal assistants had “used facilities of interstate commerce to induce girls between the ages of 14 and 17 to engage in illegal sexual activities.”

According to court documents, police investigators found a “clear indication that Epstein’s staff was frequently working to schedule multiple young girls between the ages of 12 and 16 years old literally every day, often two or three times per day.”

One victim, in sworn deposition testimony, said Epstein began sexually assaulting her when she was 13 years old and molested her on more than 50 occasions over the next three years. The girls testified they were lured to Epstein’s home after being promised hundreds of dollars to be his model or masseuse, but when they arrived, he ordered them to take off their clothes and massage his naked body while he masturbated and used sex toys on them.

The U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida prepared charging documents that accused Epstein of child sex abuse, witness tampering and money laundering, but Epstein took a plea deal before an indictment could be handed up.

On Sept. 24, 2007, in a deal shrouded in secrecy that left alleged victims shocked at its leniency, Epstein agreed to a 30-month sentence, including 18 months of jail time and 12 months of house arrest and the agreement to pay dozens of young girls under a federal statute providing for compensation to victims of child sexual abuse.

In exchange, the U.S. Attorney’s Office promised not to pursue any federal charges against Epstein or his co-conspirators.

Florida attorney Brad Edwards, who represented some of Epstein’s alleged victims, is suing the federal government over the secret non-prosecution agreement in hopes of having it overturned. Edwards claimed in court records that the government and Epstein concealed the deal from the victims “to prevent them from voicing any objection, and to avoid the firestorm of controversy that would have arisen if it had become known that the Government was immunizing a politically-connected billionaire and all of his co-conspirators from prosecution of hundreds of federal sex crimes against minor girls.”

The U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida did not respond to a request for comment about the deal.

Other politicians, celebrities and businessmen, including presidential candidate Donald Trump, have been accused of fraternizing with Epstein. Trump lawyer Alan Garten told FoxNews.com in a statement Trump and Epstein are not pals.

“There was no relationship between Jeffrey Epstein and Donald Trump,” he said. “They were not friends and they did not socialize together.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/13/flight-logs-show-bill-clinton-flew-on-sex-offenders-jet-much-more-than-previously-known.html

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 02:47:50 pm by Im2Sexy4MyPants » Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 03:17:25 pm »

FAIL

ktj your story is bullshit keep trying better luck next time

Bogus Meme Targets Trump

By   Robert FarleyPosted on November 25, 2015   | Corrected on Sept. 28, 2016

Q: Did Donald Trump tell People magazine in 1998 that if he ever ran for president, he’d do it as a Republican because “they’re the dumbest group of voters in the country” and that he “could lie and they’d still eat it up”?
A: No, that’s a bogus meme.
FULL ANSWER

The meme purports to be a quote from Trump in People magazine in 1998 saying, “If I were to run, I’d run as a Republican. They’re the dumbest group of voters in the country. They believe anything on Fox News. I could lie and they’d still eat it up. I bet my numbers would be terrific.”

We were alerted to the meme by a reader, A. Douglas Thomas of Freeport, N.Y., among others, who saw it in his Facebook feed, along with a message from someone who said, “I just fact-checked this. Google Donald Trump, People magazine and 1998. This is an actual quote by Trump.”
We’ll save you the effort. It is not an actual quote by Trump.
We scoured the People magazine archives and found nothing like this quote in 1998 or any other year.
And a public relations representative with People told us that the magazine couldn’t find anything like that quote in its archives, either. People‘s Julie Farin said in an email: “People looked into this exhaustively when it first surfaced back in Oct. We combed through every Trump story in our archive. We couldn’t find anything remotely like this quote –and no interview at all in 1998.”
In 1998, Trump was cited frequently in the pages of People, but at the time, most of the stories were about Trump’s pending divorce from Marla Maples and appearances at various social and entertainment events.
There were several stories in the late 1990s about Trump’s flirtation with a presidential run. (This became a running theme for Trump, who claimed he was considering a run for president in 1988, 2000, 2004 and 2012. That prompted some early on to dismiss Trump’s claim this time around that he’d run for president.)
In an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal on Sept. 30, 1999, Trump said he was mulling a run for president, and it sounded like he was considering a bid as an independent.
Trump, Wall Street Journal, Sept. 30, 1999: Let’s cut to the chase. Yes, I am considering a run for president. … Unlike candidates from the two major parties, my candidacy would not represent an exercise in career advancement. I am not a political pro trying to top off his resume. I am considering a run only because I am convinced the major parties have lost their way. The Republicans are captives of their right wing. The Democrats are captives of their left wing. I don’t hear anyone speaking for the working men and women in the center.

In the op-ed, Trump said he came to his decision after then Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura — who was elected as a Reform Party candidate — encouraged him to run.
In a CNN interview with Larry King a couple weeks later, Trump said he was forming an exploratory committee and that the committee would look at whether Trump could win as a Reform Party candidate.
Trump on CNN, Oct. 8, 1999: But really, really the big thing they’re going to look in — as — is: Can you win? Can a Reform Party candidate win? Because I believe I could get the Reform Party nomination. I don’t even think it would be that tough. … I’m not looking to get more votes than any other independent candidate in history, I’d want to win. So we’ll see.

Trump told King that he was a registered Republican and that a Reform Party run would mean a split with a party that he was “close to.”
Trump on CNN, Oct. 8, 1999:  I’m a registered Republican. I’m a pretty conservative guy. I’m somewhat liberal on social issues, especially health care, et cetera, but I’d be leaving another party, and I’ve been close to that party.

King: Why would you leave the Republican Party?

Trump: I think that nobody is really hitting it right. The Democrats are too far left. I mean, Bill Bradley, this is seriously left; he’s trying to come a little more center, but he’s seriously left. The Republicans are too far right. And I don’t think anybody’s hitting the chord, not the chord that I want hear, and not the chord that other people want to hear, and I’ve seen it.

But again, we could find nothing in the online People magazine archives that suggests Trump ever was quoted as saying the quote used in the Facebook meme, either in 1998 or any other year. We also did a search in Nexis and could find no such quote from Trump in any major publication in the country.
Snopes.com, which also looked into this bogus meme, pointed out that the reference to Fox News viewers is curious, given that at the time Fox News “was not exceptionally well-known (or particularly regarded as a right-leaning outlet) in 1998.”
We reached out to Thomas, who contacted us about the Facebook meme, to tell him it was a fake. He said it just goes to show, “Everything you read on Facebook isn’t the gospel truth written in stone by Moses. You need to check your sources.” Hear, hear!
That advice goes for Trump, as well. On Nov. 23, we wrote about a grossly inaccurate graphic that Trump retweeted that claimed, among other things, that most whites are killed by blacks (which isn’t true). When questioned about the graphic, Trump said that it wasn’t his tweet, that he merely retweeted it. Trump maintained that the graphic came from  “sources that are very credible” and added, “Am I gonna check every statistic?” That, in a nutshell, is how false memes — like the one we’ve written about here — get passed around the Web.
As always, we encourage readers to pass along any questionable political claims they receive via chain email or in their Facebook or Twitter feeds. You can reach us by email at editor@factcheck.org.
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 05:19:25 pm »

from the Los Angeles Times....

Trump's bizarrely bad debate performance does not disturb his fans

By DAVID HORSEY | 5:00AM PDT - Wednesday, September 28, 2016

IN AN interview on NBC News, a young millennial woman gave her assessment of the first presidential debate of 2016: Hillary Clinton seemed overly scripted while Donald Trump looked strong and passionate.

So much for the unanimous mainstream media verdict that a well-prepared Clinton crushed a poorly-prepped Trump in their first face-to-face contest. By any standard measure, she did, of course, but to that young woman and the rest of those enthused by Trump, facts do not matter, being well-versed in economic complexities and foreign policy does not matter, being “presidential” in the traditional sense does not matter. All that matters is that, in the debate, Trump channeled their ignorant, peeved, angry petulance and directed it at a woman they loathe.

Pointing out that 90% of the things Trump said during the 90-minute debate were demonstrably false, misguided or just plain dumb is an exercise in futility. Reasoning with the Trumplings is a waste of words. Nevertheless, I'll waste a few hundred on a short list of Trump evasions and delusions from the debate:

• Trump claimed he got Barack Obama to show his birth certificate and stopped questioning the president's citizenship long ago. Both assertions are lies and evade the question of why the nation's first black commander in chief should be forced to “show his papers”.

• He claimed there is no proof the Russians are responsible for recent cyberattacks and that it might just as easily be some 400-pound guy sitting on a couch. Uh, no, Donald — not unless the 400-pound fellow is a Russian hacker.

• Trump reiterated his constant excuse for refusing to show his income tax returns, insisting an IRS audit prevents it. Actually, that is not the case. He could do it anytime he wants, just as presidential candidates have done for decades.

• When Clinton pointed out that the two years of Trump's tax returns that are available show he paid zero taxes, Trump, far from being embarrassed, said skipping out on his share of taxes “makes me smart!”

• When Clinton noted that Trump eagerly took advantage of the 2008 housing crisis that devastated so many average Americans, he interjected, “That's called business.”

• African American and Latino communities are in a living hell, Trump said. This is a simplistic stereotype and follows on his previous assertion that things have never been worse for blacks in America. Really? Ever heard of something called slavery? Jim Crow? When asked what he would do to improve the situation of black Americans, his prescription was “law and order”.

• Trump said the murder rate in New York City has shot up since the policy of “stop and frisk” was found unconstitutional by the courts. Wrong; it has gone down.

• He essentially said U.S. allies need to pay protection money to the U.S. or else they will be left to fend for themselves, as if Americans get no benefit from global alliances that maintain stability and peace.

• Trump denied that he said climate change is a hoax perpetrated to benefit the Chinese. He did say it and apparently believes it, just as he subscribes to an array of other conspiracy theories that pass through his Twitter account.

• Weirdly, Trump said Hillary Clinton has been fighting ISIS her whole adult life. Not true, unless Clinton only became an adult 12 years ago.

There is much more, but among the 84 million people who watched the debate, a frighteningly high percentage cheered his grunting and sighing and interruptions and general boorishness and do not give a damn about his mendacity or childish level of understanding about world affairs and economics. As Abraham Lincoln said, you can fool some of the people all of the time — and it's especially easy when they want to be fooled.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-debate-trump-20160928-snap-story.html
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 05:20:38 pm »

In other words .... “Trump supporters are as dumb as dogshit!”
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 06:26:25 pm »

talking about a dog lol

the Clinton lies

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:49:26 pm by Im2Sexy4MyPants » Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 06:40:24 pm »

i think Trump done ok
Hillary is a lawyer and a politician shes been sucking up to people for nearly 30 years
she was not as good as Monica just ask creepy old Bill Clinton the serial women molester and rapist

to me the Clintons the Bushes and Tony Blair followed by Obama
the main thing they all have in common is they are all war criminals
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: