Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 06:03:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Hahaha … Trump starts to wake up to the reality that he is a LOSER

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hahaha … Trump starts to wake up to the reality that he is a LOSER  (Read 206 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: August 12, 2016, 10:27:15 am »

from the Associated Press....

Trump entertains notion he could lose to Clinton

By JOSH LEDERMAN | 5:26PM EDT - Thursday, August 11, 2016

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump waves after speaking to the National Association of Home Builders on Thursday, August 11th, 2016, in Miami Beach, Florida. — Photograph: Evan Vucci/Associated Press.
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump waves after
speaking to the National Association of Home Builders on
Thursday, August 11th, 2016, in Miami Beach, Florida.
 — Photograph: Evan Vucci/Associated Press.

ORLANDO, FLORIDA — Straying from his trademark bravado, Donald Trump acknowledged on Thursday that his presidential campaign is facing challenges and could ultimately fall short — a rare expression of humility by the Republican presidential nominee.

Trump's most explicit concession came as he pleaded for support at a gathering of evangelical ministers, where Trump observed he was “having a tremendous problem in Utah.” It came the same day the billionaire celebrity acknowledged that his lack of political correctness could cost him the election if Americans reject his blunt approach.

“We're having a problem,” Trump told the ministers, adding that the next president could get to nominate up to five high court justices. “It could cost us the Supreme Court.”

After trouncing 16 challengers in the Republican primary, Trump is encountering worrying signs as his campaign moves into the general election. Democrat Hillary Clinton's lead over Trump in national polls has widened in recent days, while a number of fellow Republicans have declared they won't support their own party's presidential nominee.

In Utah, typically a reliably Republican state, Trump's challenges have been particularly striking. The state's large Mormon population has voiced serious skepticism about Trump, though the state's GOP governor has endorsed him.

“We've really been given a false narrative,” Trump said of his struggles in Utah.

Yet in other traditionally GOP-leaning states like Arizona and Georgia, too, Republicans are concerned Trump's unpopularity could give Democrats an improbable victory. The concerns are compelling enough that dozens of worried Republicans gathered signatures Thursday for a letter to the GOP party chairman urging him to stop helping Trump and focus on protecting vulnerable House and Senate candidates.

Trump, who typically boasts of how overwhelmingly he's going to win the election, seemed less assured during a round of interviews and public appearances on Thursday. Asked by CNBC how he planned to reverse the advantage that Clinton has opened over him, Trump said he simply planned to do “the same thing I'm doing right now.”

“At the end, it's either going to work, or I'm going to, you know, I'm going to have a very, very nice, long vacation,” Trump said.

Expressing anything other than confidence fewer than three months to Election Day is an unusual posture for a major party presidential nominee. But GOP strategist Mike DuHaime, who advised Trump ally Chris Christie's presidential bid, said there could be benefits to Trump's newfound self-awareness.

“Showing some vulnerability, admitting there are some vulnerabilities, humanizes him and could potentially make him more likable,” DuHaime said.

At the evangelical summit in Orlando, Trump beseeched religious leaders to convince their followers to show up to vote for him, gently chiding evangelicals for failing to vote in large enough numbers for GOP nominee Mitt Romney in 2012. He said Christians, who make up a majority of the American electorate, need to have their voices heard.

“Whatever you can do, I appreciate it,” he said.

Trump's unusually candid reflection about the uncertainty of his electoral prospects came as he's struggled to keep the focus on his opponent — Clinton — and avoid unwanted distractions. Earlier this week he caused a major stir with comments about the Second Amendment that were perceived as advocating violence against Clinton, and found himself facing questions yet again after declaring on Wednesday that President Barack Obama was the “founder” of the Islamic State group — a claim that's patently false.

Those dust-ups reinforced concerns among Trump supporters that a lack of discipline could imperil his chances. Even as he was given opportunities on Thursday to clean up his quip about Obama from a day earlier, Trump instead took it further.

He brushed off conservative radio commentator Hugh Hewitt's attempt to reframe Trump's observation as one that said Obama's foreign policy created the conditions in Iraq and Syria that allowed IS to thrive.

“No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS. I do,” Trump said, using another acronym for the extremist group that has wreaked havoc from the Middle East to European cities.

Hewitt asked Trump if he would acknowledge that Obama hates the Islamic State, noting that the president is “trying to kill them.” Over the past two years Obama has organized a broad coalition of countries and launched more than 10,000 U.S. airstrikes to defeat IS.

“I don't care,” the billionaire businessman replied. “He was the founder. The way he got out of Iraq — that was the founding of ISIS, OK?”

The GOP letter to Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus warns that Trump's “divisiveness, recklessness, incompetence, and record-breaking unpopularity risk turning this election into a Democratic landslide,” according to a draft obtained by the Associated Press. At least 70 Republicans have signed the letter so far, according to Republican operative Andrew Weinstein, who said it included five former members of Congress and 16 former RNC staffers.

The RNC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Associated Press writers Steve Peoples in Washington and Jill Colvin in New Jersey contributed to this report.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CAMPAIGN_2016_TRUMP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-08-11-17-26-56
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

clint eastwood
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 04:09:36 pm »

Yup, looks like the Americans are going to choose the more incompetent of the 2 mediocre candidates
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 04:31:59 pm »

TRUMP'S SMALL HANDS
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
clint eastwood
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 06:24:22 pm »

Proves how generous the businesses of NZ are, the fact that people as demented as Tom Scott are able to get employment....well done to NZ  Grin...another gold...yeah

Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 09:14:53 am »

]Donald Trump Junior for PRESIDENT

By: AFP | Washington | Published:August 8, 2016 3:46 am

US Election: Trump Jr called John Kasich adviser to float the post of Republican Vice President
Donald Trump Jr broached the possibility in a call to a senior Kasich adviser in May, telling him Trump's vice president would be responsible for domestic and foreign policy.
John Kasich confirmed on Sunday he had been sounded out as a possible running mate of Donald Trump in a call the Republican candidate’s son made to an aide of the Ohio governor.
The New York Times reported last month that Donald Trump Jr broached the possibility in a call to a senior Kasich adviser in May, telling him Trump’s vice president would be responsible for domestic and foreign policy. Kasich said in a CNN interview that he was never contacted directly but that one of his aides received the call from Donald Trump Jr and that the Times’ account of the conversation was accurate.
A former Trump rival in the primaries who has yet to endorse the Republican candidate, Kasich said he “never considered” the running mate option. “I’d be the worst vice president,” he said. “I have too many opinions.” The Trump campaign ultimately chose Indiana Governor Mike Pence. Kasich declined to attend the Republican National Convention — which was held in his own battleground state Ohio — saying that it would have been “inappropriate” to attend without endorsing Trump. “I wish that I could be fully enthusiastic. I can’t be,” Kasich said, declining to say who he planned to vote for in November.
“There will be sections he will win because people are angry, frustrated and haven’t heard any answers,” Kasich said
when asked if he thought Trump had a chance to clinch Ohio this fall. “But I still think it’s difficult if you are dividing to be able to win in Ohio.”
Read it at
http://indianexpress.com/article/world/world-news/us-election-trump-jr-called-john-kasich-adviser-to-float-the-post-of-republican-vice-president-2960719/

« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 09:19:58 am by nitpicker1 » Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Crusader
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 09:58:01 pm »

I have said it before, the only way to prevent useless politicians from stuffing up a country is for the military to run it. Civilians are too useless to lead people. You need military leadership to be successful in my opinion. America are now finding this out. Both left and right politicans should be executed.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: