Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 11:02:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

You wouldn't read about it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You wouldn't read about it!  (Read 106 times)
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« on: July 02, 2016, 04:39:23 pm »

Saved from a skip: the lost Burt Munro Story interview Roll Eyes

There's nothing like an earthquake or two to encourage a man to declutter. Eventually.

So here was Neill Birss, hiffing great armloads of junk out of his life forever. The accumulation of years as a journalist, student, technology geek and - the evidence does suggest -  packrat.

In his damaged Christchurch home the urgent roof repairs had earlier been made but now, at last, came the workmen tromping through the place to attend to internal issues. So stuff needed shifting.

This particular skip-bound load was university notes.

"I don't know why I kept them," Birss admits. "They're things you just accumulate over your life."
A folder fell open and caught his eye. It was the wrong colour, for starters. And inside, instead of his student scrawls, the pages were typed.

These were the interviews for which he'd hunted high and low, years and years ago.

The ones whose loss, damned shame that it was, he'd more or less come to terms with.

Read the rest and see the pics at
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/81594219/Saved-from-a-skip-the-lost-Burt-Munro-interviews

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 04:35:23 pm »

And the moral of the story is ... have a good sort out more often.

I hate moving house - so much stuff kept 'just in case,'
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: