Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 05:49:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

How was the child able to access the way to fall in?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How was the child able to access the way to fall in?  (Read 408 times)
donquixotenz@hotmail.com

« on: May 31, 2016, 01:38:57 pm »

It saddens me that a beautiful animal has died and a child traumatized, thankfully relatively unharmed.
As an outsider looking in I can see a Lot of emotion from many points of view and in the aftermath the inevitable hue and cry of blame.
The question I ask is; How was the child able to access the way to fall in?
Having visited many Zoos and wildlife reserves over the years and I have found that where children's or even adults safety is concerned, the barriers are impervious to any child's or adults ability to circumvent.
I also wonder how no one saw the child heading to disaster.
I am concerned that the parent of the child is being severely castigated as incompetent or derelict and as I see in this report facing added trauma with the possibility of being charged under law.
As I as many have, will agree its difficult to keep track of several energetic excited children 24/7, whilst one is attending to one the others will stray, it's like trying to heard chaos.
Disasters happen, all learn and some mourn, in the aftermath
the wise move on and try to make ensure that the circumstances that led to this tragedy are promptly updated. I know a good fencing contractor, just saying. Smiley

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fbrian.luke.357%2Fposts%2F10207894065724197&width=500" width="500" height="368" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest49
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 04:17:34 pm »

Yes, the zoo must shoulder the bulk of the blame. 
Its all very well casting blame on the mother, but kids will take advantage of any distraction. and there should be no opportunity to enter a cage.

I don't doubt she is castigating herself as we speak.  She doesn't really need all the scorn that is being heaped on her.
Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 05:01:27 pm »

kids that age are so fast if you blink they are getting into trouble
the zoo was at fault for not having an adequate fence to stop this sort of thing happening
and the thought of the gorrilla tearing the a child's head which would have all caught on film by cell phones
i think they were very afraid of a huge lawsuit
was the creature going to hurt the child probably not but there's no way of knowing because those creatures
are so strong he could have killed the child while not intending to even though he looked like he was protecting the child

its sad the animal died it was a beautiful creature

'We made a difficult call'
The family was visiting the zoo on Saturday when the boy slipped away and entered the enclosure. Kimberley Ann Perkins O'Connor, who captured part of the incident on her phone, told CNN she overheard the boy joking to his mother about going into the water. Then, suddenly, there he was, being dragged by Harambe.
The unidentified boy was taken to Children's Hospital and released Saturday evening. The family thanked the zoo in a statement through a public relations firm:
"We are so thankful to the Lord that our child is safe. He is home and doing just fine. We extend our heartfelt thanks for the quick action by the Cincinnati Zoo staff. We know that this was a very difficult decision for them, and that they are grieving the loss of their gorilla. We hope that you will respect our privacy at this time."
Some suggested the boy's parents should be held criminally responsible for the incident. An online petition seeking "Justice for Harambe" earned more than 100,000 signatures in less than 48 hours.
"This beautiful gorilla lost his life because the boy's parents did not keep a closer watch on the child," the petition states.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/30/us/gorilla-shot-harambe/

Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 03:04:23 pm »

Americans, eh?
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
guest49
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 06:01:30 pm »

Americans, eh?

Yep!  Shame on them for putting the welfare of the child over that of the animal!  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 06:32:22 pm »

Should we fence every road to stop kids running onto the road and being hit by cars?

What about private driveways....heaps of kids get run-over and killed on those every year too!

Perhaps we should shoot cars to stop them from killing kids.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 07:15:31 pm »

Should we fence every road to stop kids running onto the road and being hit by cars?

What about private driveways....heaps of kids get run-over and killed on those every year too!

Perhaps we should shoot cars to stop them from killing kids.

ktj you going crazy again maybe you might try doubling your meds
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 02:24:57 pm »

...Kimberley Ann Perkins O'Connor, who captured part of the incident on her phone, told CNN she overheard the boy joking to his mother about going into the water. Then, suddenly, there he was, being dragged by Harambe....

I read that story and all the rest of them at

nuff said?

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Molly
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 09:32:02 am »

Child harnesses should be mandatory.  Especially in zoos and supermarkets. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 10:41:02 am »

Meanwhile another preschooler

A man took three days to build a £10,000 Lego statue of Nick from the film Zootopia... then a child got his hands on it.

The four-year-old boy was visiting the Chinese Lego expo with his parents when he first laid eyes on the statue.

Despite the statue having a prominent "no touching" sign next to it, the boy could not help himself.

A picture shows the destruction that quickly followed, causing a social media sensation.

Users on Twitter shared the #ManSpends3DaysAndNightsBuildingBlocks hashtag, responding to reports of the Lego tragedy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/lego-statue-took-three-days-8098634#rlabs=3%20rt$category%20p$6

Keep scrolling down to see the comments.

Legirons  dogcollars and steel chains for all dependent offspring.

?

I used child halter harnesses on both my kids, but these days twitterers and Facebookers would call the cops and report it as abuse.

SNOOORT

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
ssweetpea

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 02:26:50 pm »

I was the parent of a budding escapologist. A mini Houdini.

A child who had to be put in a bed before she could walk because she was climbing the solid end of her cot and meeting us at the other end of the house. The bed without sides was safer for her to fall out of than the top edge of the cot - not that she ever fell.

Deck railings = no problem. Up and over she would go.

6ft fence with posts but no cross bar, the only reason she didn't get down the other side was she was scared of the neighbours dog.

This kid poisoned herself with panadol liquid after climbing up to where the bottle had be put using the bread bin to get on the bench then reaching behind the microwave oven and opening the childproof cap at the age of 3.

At 4 she feed her little brother my birth control pills after getting them out of the top drawer of the scotch dresser using the drawer handles on the lower drawers as foot holds to climb up.

We had 4 different child locks on the fridge and child locks on every cupboard and she still got the cheese out of the fridge and a sharp carving knife out of the drawer to try and make herself a sandwich - she was 2 and I had been out of the room for 2 minutes to go to the toilet. I came back to find her on a chair from another room at the bench attempting to slice cheese with the sharpest knife in the house. That incident is also what taught me that smacking was totally useless as a disciplinary measure.

This is what Sp2 was like as an autistic toddler. My other two kids were nowhere near as hard to keep up with.

So when I hear of a child getting through a supposedly childproof barrier with the parent present I don't automatically think the parent or parenting is at fault. I don't even assume that the barrier may have been poorly designed.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 10:48:27 am »

Scroll on down to

SIMILAR INCIDENTS DIFFERENT ENDINGS

Modified to correct the word  "same" to "similar"

!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:05:00 am by nitpicker1 » Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 05:13:31 pm »

Scroll on down to

SIMILAR INCIDENTS DIFFERENT ENDINGS

Modified to correct the word  "same" to "similar"

!

The difference in the Gorilla behaviour is what determined the outcome. In the recent case the cell phone footage shows that the boy was being treated like a toy not a baby by a big very strong male gorilla. If the experts in handling the animal didn't think a tranquiliser would work in time shooting to kill was the only option to ensure that child could be rescued.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: