Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 08:57:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Glow in the dark concrete:

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glow in the dark concrete:  (Read 139 times)
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« on: May 21, 2016, 04:17:05 pm »

Glow in the dark concrete:

After nine years of work, Jose Carlos Rubio, a scientist at Mexico's University of San Nicolas de Hidalgo, has patented glow-in-the-dark cement. 
He has managed to alter the manufacturing process of the cement so it is able to absorb energy from sunlight and then radiate that energy back out.
Rubio believes it will pave a new way for lighting cities, streets and buildings without using electricity. The only thing emitted during its production is water vapour. 

Read it and see it at
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/home-property/80132482/scientist-invents-new-way-to-save-on-electricity-glowinthedark-cement

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest49
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 09:52:21 am »

I have a use for that!
Bet it wont be cheap......
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 04:03:25 pm »

I have a use for that!
Bet it wont be cheap......

Wait till ya can buy a couple of kms of it, start a business and supply your neighbours ?

But I guess you had something else in mind?

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
guest49
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 05:26:13 pm »

Yep.  I live deep in the country where the only light at night is moon or starlight.
some of the paths and the carport floor could do with a tune-up...
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 06:41:55 pm »

I think I will buy the intellectual rights to, and the total stock of, deep storage infolithium batteries.  Flog them off to people living with the glowing concrete -  they can recharge the batteries from the glow and dump their portable generators and Solar Panels

UMMMM

Have any deep storage infolithium batteries been invented yet Maybe there comes another employment opportunity!

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: