Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 03:51:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

That Sugar Film

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That Sugar Film  (Read 196 times)
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« on: March 30, 2016, 01:24:21 pm »

Screening times

http://www.rialtochannel.co.nz/films/type/view/id/4251/that-sugar-film

The Sugar Film

With so much information and mixed messages around sugar, how do we clearly teach our children about how eating too much of it can negatively affect our body and mind? 
Actor, father-of-one and author of That Sugar Guide Damon Gameau swapped his low-sugar lifestyle for a sweeter few months, with the damaging and freaky changes to his body being the catalyst to create That Sugar Film - an entertaining and easy-to-follow documentary about sugar that kids (and adults) will actually want to watch.  
In an personal challenge Gameau swears he will "never do again", the Australian television star took on a 60-day "experiment" to pack his usually low-sugar diet with an additional 40 teaspoons of sugar each day.

Read the rest at
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/teach-me/77710011/what-happens-when-you-eat-40-teaspoons-of-sugar-a-day

Do we believe this?

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Crusader
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 11:00:02 pm »

Awesome film. Sugary food and drink companies are committing about as much genocide as Hitler did and yet we keeping allowing them to do so.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 09:33:52 am »

Awesome film. Sugary food and drink companies are committing about as much genocide as Hitler did and yet we keeping allowing them to do so.

It was a movie that was on my 'to see' list but I didn't get to see it.
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 04:04:23 pm »

I fell into the arms of Morpheus (zzzzs) but nemmind a techie installed My Sky HDI here today so I will do a record/replay thingie and try again another day.

20/04/2016  08:50 AM
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:10:22 pm by nitpicker1 » Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 11:14:46 am »

Junk science on junk food

If you read a headline claiming chocolate can help you lose weight, what would be your first reaction?   Based on their own experience, some people may be sceptical. Some...

Read more

http://nzinitiative.org.nz/

Seems to me you'd believe it and swallow it without chewing 😄

BTW

The New Zealand Initiative is a market-oriented public policy thinktank based in Wellington, New Zealand. The membership-based organisation is supported by executives of major New Zealand businesses, and was formed from the 2012 merger of the New Zealand Business Roundtable and the New Zealand Institute.[1]

The Initiative is not affiliated to any political party, and produces research publications about housing, education, foreign direct investment, local government, economic and social policy, as well as resources management.[2][non-primary source needed]. The New Zealand Initiative holds events throughout the year, including lectures with visiting and domestic guest speakers, and The Next Generation Debates, a debating tournament.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_Initiative

Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 11:30:50 am »

Junk science on junk food

If you read a headline claiming chocolate can help you lose weight, what would be your first reaction?   Based on their own experience, some people may be sceptical. Some...

Read more

http://nzinitiative.org.nz/

Seems to me you'd believe it and swallow it without chewing

BTW

The New Zealand Initiative is a market-oriented public policy thinktank based in Wellington, New Zealand. The membership-based organisation is supported by executives of major New Zealand businesses, and was formed from the 2012 merger of the New Zealand Business Roundtable and the New Zealand Institute.[1]

The Initiative is not affiliated to any political party, and produces research publications about housing, education, foreign direct investment, local government, economic and social policy, as well as resources management.[2][non-primary source needed]. The New Zealand Initiative holds events throughout the year, including lectures with visiting and domestic guest speakers, and The Next Generation Debates, a debating tournament.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_Initiative

TBH I'd believe a lot of good things about chocolate.

I used to get a lot of heart burn. It was excruciating. One night shift it became so bad that I was desperate for anything to soothe it. The only thing I had in my bag was a Whittakers Dark Chocolate Sante Bar. I ate the whole bar and within a minute the heart burn was almost gone and within 2 minutes there was no sign at all of it. I tried it again next time I got heart burn and the same thing happened. My colleagues scoffed (not that I cared) but one of the scoffers got heart burn at work one night and asked which chocolate bar worked. I gave her one of my (by then I always carried a few in my handbag) Sante bars and off she went. She was very sheepish when she admitted the heart burn had gone completely within 2 minutes.

Having had a couple of TIA's over the last 2 years I get the odd bit of chest pain which could be heart burn or possible angina (family history). I immediately take the chocolate and know that if the chest pain continues then I've got a problem. It has to be the Whittakers Dark Chocolate one though - nothing else.
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 10:13:45 am »

Ali said
I used to get a lot of heart burn. It was excruciating. One night shift it became so bad that I was desperate for anything to soothe it. The only thing I had in my bag was a Whittakers Dark Chocolate Sante Bar. I ate the whole bar and within a minute the heart burn was almost gone and within 2 minutes there was no sign at all of it. I tried it again next time I got heart burn and the same thing happened. My colleagues scoffed (not that I cared) but one of the scoffers got heart burn at work one night and asked which chocolate bar worked. I gave her one of my (by then I always carried a few in my handbag) Sante bars and off she went. She was very sheepish when she admitted the heart burn had gone completely within 2 minutes.

Having had a couple of TIA's over the last 2 years I get the odd bit of chest pain which could be heart burn or possible angina (family history). I immediately take the chocolate and know that if the chest pain continues then I've got a problem. It has to be the Whittakers Dark Chocolate one though - nothing else.

I have on hand the benefit of both dark chocolate and peppermint: Cadbury's  After Dinner Mints   

http://mobile.fatsecret.co.nz/calories-nutrition/cadbury/after-dinner-mints/2-mints

Indigestion
Peppermint calms the muscles of the stomach and improves the flow of bile, which the body uses to digest fats. As a result, food passes through the stomach more quickly. However, if your symptoms of indigestion are related to a condition called gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD, you should not use peppermint (see "Precautions" section).

Flatulence/Bloating
Peppermint relaxes the muscles that allow painful digestive gas to pass.

See
http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/peppermint

Nowadays I usually only loosen my waistband after a big meal.  I need the calories
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:20:22 am by nitpicker1 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: